SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Congratulations Trevor....

I think..... By Sam CooperDr. SaturdayAfter a solid performance in Saturday’s spring game, Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin announced Monday that Trevor Knight will open the season as the Aggies’ starting quarterback. Knight, who transferred to A&M after graduating from Oklahoma in December, beat out junior Jake Hubenak, a former walk-on, for the role. Knight had plenty of experience as a starter for the Sooners, but was beat out by Texas Tech transfer Baker Mayfield for the starting role in Norman last season. Mayfield led the Sooners to a Big 12 title and College Football Playoff appearance.Knight became OU’s starting quarterback late in the 2013 season and had a huge game – 348 yards and four touchdowns – in a Sugar Bowl win over Alabama. That success did not quite carry over into the 2014 as Oklahoma fans hoped. Knight threw for 2,300 yards, 14 touchdowns and 12 interceptions while completing just 56.6 percent of his passes. He also missed three games after taking a big hit against Baylor.The addition of Knight was a big one for the Aggies, who lost talented young quarterbacks Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray to transfer. Allen landed at Houston while Murray transferred to Oklahoma, coincidentally.Knight led the A&M offense to three scores on Saturday and finished with 246 yards and two touchdown passes. Hubenak, who was battling flu-like symptoms according to Sumlin, couldn’t get much going and finished with 46 yards on 5-of-10 throwing. Hubenak started the Aggies’ Music City Bowl loss to Louisville after Allen and Murray left the program.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Congratulations Trevor....

Curious to see how that turns out.

vCash

Good Luck Trevor !
    You were the hero of one of my all-time favorite wins.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Wtg, Trevor! I wish him well!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I had no doubt he would win the job. I hope he has a great season unless that conflicts with the OU team somehow.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

So... I'm happy for Trevor and all but... well... um... let's not be Aggies here and overhype reality.

Trevor's primary competition at A&M was the guy thrust into Music City Bowl after the guys ahead of him got sick of Aggie s***. Jake Hubenak, a third-team junior college transfer. Sure, he threw 2 touchdowns and 300+ yards, but he was also sacked like 6 times and they lost to Louisville 27-21 in that mid-minor bowl.

The Aggie quarterback way, since OMG JOHNNY FOOTBALL OMG, has been to overhype their quarterback (KENNY TRILL OMG KYLER FIELD KYLE ALLEN FIELD... etc etc etc) and then at the first sign of trouble (usually when they're playing SEC teams and not non-conference cupcakes)... oh noes we don't have our next Johnny after all.

I sincerely hope that Trevor fares better... but at the same time it's funny to watch A&M suck, so I'm torn

Good luck, Trevor. Please don't go full-aggie

vCash

Trevor Knight, Practice All-American.
    "The word 'felony' doesn't scare me." - Eddie Sutton, The Sunday Oklahoman, May 9, 2004.

vCash

Places where it's hard to root for Sooner transfers/former coaches:
    1a. Texas
    1b. Texas A&M

Just about anywhere else it would be much easier to stomach any amount of success. Even Aggy over Aggie.

Ah well, it's not like anyone besides Alabama is allowed to have success in the SEC West

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Places where it's hard to root for Sooner transfers/former coaches:
    1a. Texas
    1b. Texas A&M

Just about anywhere else it would be much easier to stomach any amount of success. Even Aggy over Aggie.

Ah well, it's not like anyone besides Alabama is allowed to have success in the SEC West
    Nevertheless I will be rooting for Trevor to beat Alabama. Again.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TAFBSooner View Post
    So will every Texag on the planet, the fans of every other team in the SEC West, Clemson fans and anyone else who holds a grudge against either Saban or Kiffin.

vCash

Oh yes, I agree, but not because I hate Alabama, but rather, because somebody has to beat them and they're on the schedule...so... yeah.

But with this in mind, you are also going to have to become fans of the following teams for one week.

USC, yes, that USC
    Western Kentucky
    Ole Miss
    Kent State
    Kentucky
    Arkansas
    Tennessee
    LSU
    Miss State
    Chattanooga
    Auburn
    Whichever pathetic SEC East team they face in the SEC Championship

Of those teams, I'd have to say that Texas A&M is not the worst "Beat Alabama" pill to swallow