SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Wow, just looked at the Activity Stream,

not one freakin' werd about spring game!

'K, here goes, Brooks is a running back factor, Mayfield is STILL Mayfield,
    Kendall is next, Murray is a defensive confusion..Westbrooke is okay, Andrews
    is the 2nd coming of Jackson, Mixon/Perine will give DC types many, many
    sleepless night, bunch of sleeper types in WR area...defense is a puzzle but
    lots of promise...high comfort feeling with the D and Riley will rock the world
    on O and keep an eye on the big dude from Canada!

C'mon, we got Houston and tOSU two of the first three games.....Boomer!

vCash

Re: Wow, just looked at the Activity Stream,

Most of us are dead. I died too, but came back as a flesh eating zombie and watched the game.

Hard to tell a whole lot given the rules of the scrimmage and the limited contact. (I'm not complaining - Stoops is not obligated to entertain me for this meaningless practice. And I didn't see any injuries, so it worked.) My biggest take away is that Kendall is likely to be an upgrade to the backup QB position. Amazing poise for a kid that should be enjoying his last few months of HS. Disappointing that the wind was so strong and messed up most passes over 12 yards. Mayfield wasn't sharp, but no concerns here. We are absolutely set at RB. Mixon looked bigger *and* faster. Brooks could start or at least be #2 back at many schools. Anderson is not 100% yet, but looks like a stud. If the OL gels and is more physical than last year as expected, OU could be a run-first team. It would also mean our WR wouldn't have to be Shep-like to get open as our play action would be killer. Andrews will get more touches. Really hard to judge defense given the rules, but I think OU will be deep at DL. Overton and Gallimore looked good along with veterans Dimon and Romar. And that's not counting Walker and Lampkin. The refs let the DBs hold a lot which (along with the wind) cut down on anything deep except for a couple of blown coverages. Had a flashback to Jamelle Holieway on a couple of scrambles by Murray - no way that guy is 5'10.

vCash

My concern with Murray is the way he carries the ball when he scrambles..
    he's like a waterbug...be interesting when he and Kendall compete for the
    job. It is early, I know, but I'm thinking there might be a transfer in the
    future for whoever doesn't get the job...

vCash

I'm not worried about Murray at all - way outside my attention span and lots of changes between now and then. We should have a good team this coming season, the '17 class looks strong early and the stadium should be in good shape by fall. Now I'll forget about CFB for a few months and go put a few thousand miles on the bicycle.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

yeah, Murray was quick and got 2 TD's through the air...against which D? I am more worried about the Oline...ouch. 8 sacks?

Without full contact, several starters...it was a glorified practice. Fun to watch (taped it, much better) it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out next fall.

I was on basketball mode...great run by the guys...Buddy will be fun to watch in the pros.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!