Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Another Baylor Sexual Assault?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...012025729.html

Another Baylor football player has been accused of sexual assault.
    According to the Waco Tribune-Herald, Waco police are investigating an allegation against a “prominent player from Baylor’s 2015 football team” after the alleged assault was reported early Sunday morning.

The Tribune-Herald declined to name the player in question “because he has not been arrested.” However, multiple outlets are reporting that the player is defensive end Shawn Oakman, an expected selection in the upcoming NFL Draft.

No charges have been filed.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Another Baylor Sexual Assault?

Posted at the Baylor practice field:

A fake Charlie Strong account on twitter I follow said that Baylor emphasized the Rs on the sign for "rape"

Let's face it: Borderline programs that desire to not suck have to cut corners and accept flawed talent when building their substandard programs. Did I fit enough derogatory words in that sentence? Anyways, Baylor was sick of being bad at football, so they're letting Art Briles look the other way in off-field issues if the player can play really well on-field.

And yes, I have also heard the name Shawn Oakman.

I know it's just an accusation and anyone can accuse someone of anything, but there's been too many accusations on that campus to not take it seriously... and a stupid RMRW sign on practice field is not gonna change sh!t

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

First, I'm totally supportive of punishing for sexual assault...

Second, I can totally see Oakman doing this...(sorry sic'em)

BUT, all a woman has to do is cry "sexual assault" (especially for a future nfl player - big payday) and the person is guilty without any evidence. Again, not saying he did or didn't do whatever but wondering if WHAT he did was nothing more than some other situation - things got heavy then went a way the woman didn't like so she says "sexual assault". Heck that includes anything from she wanted it to go further and he didn't to he wanted to go further and she didn't.

IF it wasn't Oakman, just some regular joe, #1 it wouldn't be national news or regional, or possibly she wouldn't even be accusing him.

If I was a future pro athlete I wouldn't go out with women at all...lol.

AGAIN, I am 100% against sexual assault..just saying it's a different tiger now.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Since its Baylor football it would be Natl news even if it wasn't oakman. There's now a trend emerging that Baylor players not only are accused of rape, but also get sentenced and sent to jail after the accusation.

Agree that women looking for revenge can cry rape and ruin a guy, but there is recourse for that through civil suits, both against the universities and the false accusers.

Instead of posting a RMRW sign, Baylor needs to be more proactive about making sure all students are not in the wrong places at the wrong time. Travel in groups, don't lose control via drugs/alcohol, be responsible. Thus, less opportunity to be a victim or someone accused.

This is the type of thing that will end Art Briles at Baylor. If sweater vest can get ousted at Ohio state and motorcyclist can mistress his way out of arky, even art is not untouchable at Waco.

Mark my words, this is the beginning of the end for BU football being relevant in the big 12. Let's just cut losses and send them to the wac now

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Since its Baylor football it would be Natl news even if it wasn't oakman. There's now a trend emerging that Baylor players not only are accused of rape, but also get sentenced and sent to jail after the accusation.

Agree that women looking for revenge can cry rape and ruin a guy, but there is recourse for that through civil suits, both against the universities and the false accusers.

Instead of posting a RMRW sign, Baylor needs to be more proactive about making sure all students are not in the wrong places at the wrong time. Travel in groups, don't lose control via drugs/alcohol, be responsible. Thus, less opportunity to be a victim or someone accused.

This is the type of thing that will end Art Briles at Baylor. If sweater vest can get ousted at Ohio state and motorcyclist can mistress his way out of arky, even art is not untouchable at Waco.

Mark my words, this is the beginning of the end for BU football being relevant in the big 12. Let's just cut losses and send them to the wac now

Why Badger, the mere mention of Baylor and relevant in the same sentence turned my stomach a little.
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock!!!!

vCash

vCash

Oh dear oh dear and just a mere two weeks before the NFL Draft whatever will become of his promising football career how dare that woman accuse him at such an inconveniencing time. As a Baylor football star athlete he is clearly innocent of all accusations and these women are just attention seeking money grubbing fornicators

How great thou Art (briles). How great thou Art (briles)...

Sooner Starter
    vCash

^^^^^ Priceless Badg! You're going to give Sulkey Mulkey a complex by all this PRAISE for Art!

What a horrible institution! Not just football nor men's basketball nor women's basketball, but from the top down! Big 12! ENEMA TIME!!!

vCash

From a football-only standpoint, his NFL Draft stock was falling, anyways. From CBS Sports:

Oakman's production rarely matched his perceived potential in 2015
    he showed little improvement in what was just his second season as full-time starter
    Oakman was not very impressive during the week of practice at the Senior Bowl
    Oakman was not as dominant as some expected at the combine, prompting some to label him as overrated
    This arrest may make him "undraftable," as an NFL.com article is calling him now, but scouts were red flagging him left and right (lest they be the ones responsible for recommending the latest good-measurables bad-player prospect) even before this arrest.

vCash

Baylor didn't investigate assault claims for two years:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...wo-years-lines

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Baylor, in their inappropriate and misguided way, is trying to make up for all the years they didn't allow dancing.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!