SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Biased announcer much ?

I can't believe what I'm hearing out of the *national* color announcer on the OU/Nova game. I thought I must have been mistaken when I perceived him to be rooting for Nova. Then the play-by-play guy even commented on it. And now, I swear I've heard him refer to Nova as "we"! What is he an ex-Nova player or something? The play by play guy is fine, but the color guy is out of control. I can't believe CBS would do this!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Biased announcer much ?

Nothing to really cheer about for OU

vCash

I meant TBS and not CBS, but the same applies - this is a national game and the announcers should just call the game.

The refs are not doing us any favors either as a clear push off for a rebound on Nova was called against OU. Fortunately, the announcer was there to tell us it was the correct call.

BTW, the lead just hit 14 and the announcer just let out a cheer.

vCash

Ok, last gripe about it. The announcer is Brian Finneran and he played football at Villanova. I guess that makes it okay for him to refer Nova as "we" and openly cheer for them. I would hope he would be a bit more professional than that, but poor choice by TBS to put him on their games. I guess if OU somehow digs out of this big halftime hole, it will be sweet to hear his sobs. Harumpf!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Ok, last gripe about it. The announcer is Brian Finneran and he played football at Villanova. I guess that makes it okay for him to refer Nova as "we" and openly cheer for them. I would hope he would be a bit more professional than that, but poor choice by TBS to put him on their games. I guess if OU somehow digs out of this big halftime hole, it will be sweet to hear his sobs. Harumpf!
    Sorry but you are watching the Villanova team stream on Tru TV. The national broadcast is Nantz Rafferty, etc.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

TNT has the OU team stream

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    Sorry but you are watching the Villanova team stream on Tru TV. The national broadcast is Nantz Rafferty, etc.
    Yep, my bad. There was nothing that said it was a Villanova stream. There is another stream that is clearly labeled "Sooners".

vCash

Of course, no announcers could make up for this disaster anyway.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I just hope those announcers had Gatorade towels big enough to clean up all the splooge under the table, glowing over 'Nova's great plays on both ends of the court.

I hope Lon learns from this one.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Our boys sure got caught in quicksand

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 DrZaius's Avatar
    vCash

Yep, my bad. There was nothing that said it was a Villanova stream. There is another stream that is clearly labeled "Sooners".
    Other than the gigantic ticker at the bottom that said Villanova team stream the entire game....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

I can't believe what I'm hearing out of the *national* color announcer on the OU/Nova game. I thought I must have been mistaken when I perceived him to be rooting for Nova. Then the play-by-play guy even commented on it. And now, I swear I've heard him refer to Nova as "we"! What is he an ex-Nova player or something? The play by play guy is fine, but the color guy is out of control. I can't believe CBS would do this!
    I was totally confused as we had Grant Hill (dukey) and Raftery (played at La Salle and coached at Seton Hall) who were practically begging for OU to turn up the intensity.

vCash

My wife setup to record the game as I was out on a bike ride when it started. Clearly I was confused as I didn't know there were alternate streams and I just "assumed" it was the national feed. The "assumed" did the *** thing on me. Instead of wondering why the color guy was so biased, I should have been perplexed as to why the play by play guy was being so impartial.

I guess I should be pulling for Nova to show that OU just ran into the best team that was on a roll. I don't really care that much now, but I think I'd enjoy the Tar Hills putting the hurt on them more than the other way around.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

OU stream was Eddie Najera and it was brutal. He was great on the court but shouldn't have a mic.