Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

UCLA: current and former coaches going at it.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Re: UCLA: current and former coaches going at it.

Neuhisel co hosts a show on Sirius channel 84 each weekday morning. It's a very good show and Neuhisel is amazing on it. A very bright, articulate guy. Does anybody remember when Blevins implied Neuhisel might become head coach at OU?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Seems like Neuhisel was the last coach to do a commendable job at Colorado, but my memory is fuzzy.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

There's another wrinkle in the drama: Ex-UCLA quarterback Jerry Neuheisel:

He is still listed on the 2016 roster; not sure if he's a GA this year or what, but there is reason for Rick to tap the brakes on being too insulting of Mora or UCLA, and it's his son's own coaching career.

Rick blew his career already, which is why he's in broadcast. Sweater vests, like Jim Tressel, did not fool the NCAA into thinking he was a choir boy. Don't blow your son's career too. You think any coaching staff is going to hire somebody with hair like that?

Was Rick the last successful coach at Colorado? Depends on how much you like Gary Barnett. I choose to acknowledge Gary, because LOL Chris Simms LOL Texas LOL Mack Brown 2001 Big 12 Championship game

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Barnett was the last successful on-the-field coach at CU, but he was as sleazy as it gets off the field. The current coach seems to be doing a decent job given he has almost no talent to work with. But the program is in such a deep well, I'm not sure anything short of of Ole Miss style of recruiting could pull it out.