Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Tennessee slammed with sexual assualt lawsuit

Wow. For all the bellyaching going on about Boren and Stoops' handling of Frank Shannon/Joe Mixon, stuff like this, and Florida State and Baylor...makes me think Boren/Castiglione/Stoops handled the potential problem really well.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...23ae391e6c1046

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Tennessee slammed with sexual assualt lawsuit

OU could have been Mizzou last year. I won't go so far as to say that it could have been Baylor (because oh man am I happy SicEm didn't live to see what's happened at his beloved alma mater), but it could have been semi-bad like Florida State on that front.

David Boren, ever the diplomat, knew exactly how to handle both the frat video and the Joe Mixon/Frank Shannon matters. Thank goodness for that.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think anyone is advocating that this sort of behavior be allowed or go unpunished. It absolutely should be addressed and addressed quickly and with appropriate penalties. Obviously from our perspective we lost athletes for a year while those other programs have lost nothing. Lots of talk here and very little action from the NCAA. Baylor, Florida State, now add Tennessee.. The list is growing.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

All are wrong - OU, Tennessee, Baylor...all of them.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I am concerned that the rise in publicity of these cases is leading to attention-seekers or revenge-seekers to falsely report.

Remember the big Rolling Stone story on the UVA rape at a frat house? Not only retracted, but she is now being accused of just using the story to win a boy.
    http://www.aol.com/article/2016/02/0...-win/21310099/

By all means provide resources to victims, but the burden of proof for such an accusation as rape should remain high to discourage the likes of those mentioned in the link above.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

If it's more than penny ante bike theft or beer possession, it needs to be turned over to the city cops, asap.
    The school then needs to conduct a Title IX hearing to comply with the regs. And that might render a judgment different from that of a DA regarding criminal charges. What has chapped my butt for years regarding admin procedures in general is their closed nature and lack of counsel and basic evidentiary protocols. If the penalties are real, the procedure itself needs to be cleaned up from the Star Chamber mess it is today.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash
    Will this add to the Fulmer cup points, or make them the winner by proclamation...I know some are Bball players and all are former, but do the statute of limitations run out?
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.
    Posted from iOS app