vCash

Re: 5 Star Caleb Kelly commits

Nice to finish out strong.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

vCash

That really helped the overall outlook of the class.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

From the Oregonian this morning "Take a look at this week's Super Bowl roster from the AFC: There are zero five-star high school players among Denver's starters on either side of the ball. The average Broncos starter was a 2.44-star recruit. Two starters didn't even have a single star.".

Of course, the NFC may be loaded with 5 stars. Hold you hate if it's a blowout.
    I set my DVR to record "The Biggest Loser" and now it records the Longhorn Network all day.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by winout View Post
    From the Oregonian this morning "Take a look at this week's Super Bowl roster from the AFC: There are zero five-star high school players among Denver's starters on either side of the ball. The average Broncos starter was a 2.44-star recruit. Two starters didn't even have a single star.".

Of course, the NFC may be loaded with 5 stars. Hold you hate if it's a blowout.
    With all due respect to the Oregonian, stars do matter.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...bertson-020116

vCash

I'd rather have 5* players than not have them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Or a school like Boise State that’s won at a high level or without a host of blue-chippers. Or Texas, which has essentially done the opposite.

nice...

also noticed,

ut and lsu were 4th/5th in recruits - lsu was 14th in AP rankings, ut not even in top 20

tcu not in top 20 for recruits but #11 in AP rankings...

so coaching is just as important...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

As the article stated, there are outliers. For statistics to be meaningful outliers are always dropped, doesn't matter which end of the scale they are on, otherwise they can skew the data. In this instance:

Power 5 teams (of which there are 65) that consistently recruit Top 20 classes have a 60 percent chance of becoming a Top 20 program and a 35 percent chance of regularly inhabiting the Top 10.

By contrast, Power 5 teams that finish outside the Top 20 in recruiting have a lower than 18 percent chance of fielding Top 20 teams and just a 6.7 percent chance of reaching the Top 10.

Baylor, Stanford and MSU were among that 6.7% during the time of the study and their on-field success no doubt led to their improved recruiting rankings of 17, 18 and 20, respectively for 2016.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I've found the star angst common among programs that can't get any attention from top recruits, much like undrafted/lowly drafted players might like to say "LOOK AT TOM BRADY."

You're not Boise State (and if you are, you're a has-been). You're not Tom Brady. The only thing you have in common is football.