Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

Stillwater tops Norman in 'best cities for football' list

http://newsok.com/article/5476270?sc...=article_small

OSU fans rejoice, OU fans grumble: Stillwater routs Norman on the list of best cities for football in 2015.

While neither city cracked the top 50 in the 245-city list, Stillwater came in at No. 92 and Norman was ranked 167 in the recent WalletHub findings. Tulsa wasn't far behind at 195.

The number crunchers looked at 18 metrics, including fan engagement, ticket prices, and the number of pro and college football teams and performances. And, because of that, don't be too bummed about these Oklahoma cities not being closer to the top of the list since the state lacks an NFL team.

Seriously?!!
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
    - President John F. Kennedy

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Stillwater tops Norman in 'best cities for football' list

they'll prob make rings or t-shirts...

at least they topped OU in something.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Musta been a Stoolwater geed to make those rankings. No way anyone that had been to either place would have ranked stoolwater ahead of Norman! Too silly to even respond to!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Stoolwater was top in livestock smell.
    posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bmjlr View Post
    http://newsok.com/article/5476270?sc...=article_small

OSU fans rejoice, OU fans grumble: Stillwater routs Norman on the list of best cities for football in 2015.

While neither city cracked the top 50 in the 245-city list, Stillwater came in at No. 92 and Norman was ranked 167 in the recent WalletHub findings. Tulsa wasn't far behind at 195.
    The number crunchers looked at 18 metrics, including fan engagement, ticket prices, and the number of pro and college football teams and performances. And, because of that, don't be too bummed about these Oklahoma cities not being closer to the top of the list since the state lacks an NFL team.
    Seriously?!!
    Fan Engagement ? Really? Ticket prices? Really again? if they want an OU ticket they have to buy Seasons
    Same amount of college teams I suspect But at Least Norman is adjacent to the Thunder.

Im thinkin they polled Sanders followers !~
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sometimes things are so asinine on the surface that they can be dismissed with no further consideration. This would be one of those things.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Must be the great shopping centers they have there. Oh, wait, I guess that would be Wal-Mart. My husband and I like the golf course there, because it is in our PGA golf book. We would love to play Jimmy Austin in Norman, but it is too expensive....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

Is this a joke? Stillwater is nothing but a typical cow college town. It reminds me a lot of Starkville MS, which at least has some pretty girls.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

A mediocre program, mediocre venue, I have been there at the "BIG" games, and Stillwater is a joke! They can't even have a sell out in their 60,000 seat stadium, so may I ask WHO took this poll? Sounds like someone with orange colored glasses to me. I know that if you drive past the HWY 51 exit and go towards Perry, and come in from the north you can get out of town in 10 minutes!! I don't know ANY routes from an OU game that has 85,000 fans you can do that!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Almost all of these types of "lists" are subjective. This is just out and out stupid! The only person who would place Stoolwater higher than Norman is someone prejudiced (a poke state grad, someone who lived on a farm and had never lived in a town larger than 500, have never visited both places, or is mentally challenged!). The only negative Norman would have would be game day traffic. But if you'd rather have a County Fair atmosphere versus big time collegiate football atmosphere, stoolwater it is!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

meh! Such fraudulence!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

They are closer to Perkins, and therefore closer to Ralph's Market, which is a plus.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Lol...
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Stillwater has the one and only reindeer humper. Should have finished top ten just based on that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Does he perform along with the choir during the holidays?
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

Got damn, another banner to hang on the stadium.
    OKLAHOMA STATE WRESTLING: 34 Team National Championships, 137 Individual National Champions, 48 Conference Championships, 435 All-Americans, 41 Olympians, NCAA Record 84 Straight Wins

OU FOOTBALL: 7 National Championships, 45 Conference Championships, 153 All-Americans, Zero Olympians, NCAA Record 47 Straight Wins

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....You should forward this to osu fans...maybe they'll go to a game lol

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

vCash

vCash