Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Re: So. No LSU thread???

WHEW Doggy!!! Winner!!
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Difference in this game wasn't much. I think it was a matter of senior experience and LSU heard the footsteps.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Meanwhile Baylor disgracing the Big 12. Not with their play on the court but with their glow in the dark uniforms.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Well now, wasn't that especially sweet ??

OU down by about 14, stay composed and come back to go ahead and then win it down the stretch.

Hield was his usual phenomenal self. Some of him surely will rub off on the junior players. Just the total package.

Woodard had a rough night, but Cousins had a very good game, including the clutch winning basket. Vitale swore Hield would have the last shot as well as probably LSU but I thot it would be Cousins. He's really come back this last coupla weeks.

Lattin.......made a coupla clutch free throws with time running down but then missed a front end of a one and one (as well as Woodard), and made the final block that, who knows, mighta sent it to OT.

Just a great come from behind win against a pretty good team on their home court in front of a national prime time audience. This will pay off in spades come tourney time.

Oh yeah......Quaterman......5 for 5 behind the arch. Played a little above his pay grade. Still a great effort by the Tigahs.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Good thing we sucked today...;-)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Couldn't agree more 5-0. Complete poise and patience not only got us back in this game but won it for us.

Buddy knock down shots when we needed them. Woodard was off tonight, but Cousins had another excellent game and Spangs came up big as well. Kudos to both of them. Senior leadership!

This guys know how to win. Win on the road in tough environments against good teams. Barring a meltdown we are a lock for a #1 seed and the OKC Sub-Region in the Louisville regional. Final Four in Houston.

This is a best chance to pull off something special since 1988. I cannot be more excited!!
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Hmmm, lessee, Buddy cold first half, just keep shootin', 2nd half rocked!,
    Spang knocked down a couple of threes, good boards, help off the bench,
    dint see that much of Simmons, wish Vitale would retire, Musberger ok
    but Sooners from 14 down to win by two (glad there was no vbet, I woulda
    lost, AGAIN!) Love hoops, this team is special and will go deep into the
    tourney...jus sayin'....BOOMER!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Really like what I saw out of Spangler early, especially the energy. If him and Latin continue to get some stuffs and put-backs as well as get in good RB position down the stretch, then we're going to be tough.

Lon's got a tough job, although it's probably one any coach would like to have. He's got to start getting our bigs involved early so they won't get lazy, just stand around and watch our guards shoot 3s while setting screens and then not be in any decent position for a RB when we hit a cold-spell. Then he's got to also make sure that this doesn't put our guards in a funk from the 3 point line early. I don't know if it was LSU being fired-up at the start and playing good D or we we're just cold in the 1st, but it looked like they were going to blow us out for a while.
    Also loved what I saw from Cousins today. Guy is a player. HitH Buddy got 30 today is amazing especially with them all over him. Some world-class NBA type nothing but net 3s right there in the 2nd.

After watching that KU/UK game, I think it's going to take a hell of an effort in Norman to beat them. Those guys can play when they want too. If things fall into place, it may come down to a revenge match in the dance finals. I'm also somewhat surprised that UF beat up on W Va like they did. Wish we had that game in Morgantown behind us with a W.

Stool State just beat Auburn so the Big 12 won against the SEC 7-3.

I also 2nd that on Dookie V. He's got great BB knowledge, but he's just annoying as hell on the broadcast. The call on our game was worse than brutal, imo, even with them slobberin' all over us (and Buddy) in the 2nd.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

great win...

Yes Kruger is the one for this team. He's one cool customer...and the team resembles that. I was very frustrated on our helping on Simmons and leaving the others wide open...but we adjusted.

Lattin NEEDS to practice FT's like Buddy does 3's !!! lol.

Early during the day, big looked rough...but came out strong.

Boomer!
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Cool Re: So. No LSU thread???

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    great win...

Yes Kruger is the one for this team. He's one cool customer...and the team resembles that. I was very frustrated on our helping on Simmons and leaving the others wide open...but we adjusted.

Lattin NEEDS to practice FT's like Buddy does 3's !!! lol.

Early during the day, big looked rough...but came out strong.

Boomer!
    It was obvious that the game plan was to help on Simmons and make someone else beat them and Allen Bloody Quartermain almost did....

Never hurts to have the POY on your team but this is a veteran team that just doesn't get rattled when they trail on the road. Anything can happen in the NCAA tourney but this looks like a team that is mentally tough enough to win it all. LSU is not a great team but you can bet that they had the OU game circled on the calendar and we took their best shot.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."