Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Ole Miss

This might explain Mississippi's recruiting success over the last few years

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...193911274.html

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Ole Miss

Hmmm, is that a smoke signal or just smoke?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

SEC! SEC! SEC!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

If anyone believes saban isnt pulling the same crap
    You are delusional. Abc has been running stories for 5 years on this crap. Poor ole miss isn't the face of sec, and don't think for a second that espn contract is holding any investigation up. 3 years ago I saw 3 5 star mlbs from Boston/ny area coming to bama, give me a break.

http://www.campusrush.com/nick-saban...340326030.html

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

It's business as usual in the mighty SEC.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Beautiful blondes, great campus, ehhhh... that's all I got.

Stadium is garbage. Gotta be paying.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

On a related note, there is a huge shortage of university cars and SUV's at Notre Dame, which forced the football team to press into service the team big rig in order for the coach to visit a recruit.

Report: Notre Dame truck visit may have been violation

Sam Cooper By Sam Cooper
    Dr. Saturday

Did Notre Dame commit an NCAA violation by parking its equipment truck outside a recruit’s home?

According to ESPN.com, the Irish may have violated NCAA bylaw 13.4.3.5 when coaches publicized a Thursday morning trip visit to Savannah, Georgia.

The coaches were visiting five-star athlete Demetris Robertson, who tweeted a video of the 18-wheeler parked outside of his house.

According to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy, who spoke with “compliance officials from schools in three different Power 5 conferences,” the Notre Dame program could run into trouble for promoting the visit.

Notre Dame is under the impression that everything about the visit was legal because the truck “served as transportation” for a coach to visit a recruit. For the record, the trip from South Bend to Savannah is more than 900 miles.

"We believe this to be permissible and not to be in violation of bylaw 13.4.3.5 on the basis that it served as transportation of a coach to visit a prospective student-athlete,” a school spokesperson told ESPN.

No word yet on whether the hockey team may have to drive the Zamboni to visit potential recruits.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

What took em so long? Did the ncaa just draw a name out of a hat when they looked over the sec's business?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I'm skeptical that much if anything will be done. The NCAA no longer has much of a bite.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

What part of this is news? They offered Cam Newton's dad $180,000. Weren't they offering $'s to Marcus Dupree's "advisor" way back in the day? For some reason it seems only Auburn gets hammered in the SEC by the NCAA.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

Let's not kid ourselves, ALL coaches--including Stoops and Saban--occasionally break the speed limit, but when they signed both Laremy Tunsil AND Robert Rkimdiche several years ago it told me that something really serious was going on at Ole Mi$$.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    I'm skeptical that much if anything will be done. The NCAA no longer has much of a bite.
    Welp, ifn the NCAA puts their dentures back in and stand up so's their brains
    aren't under pressure then maybe something might take place...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    What part of this is news? They offered Cam Newton's dad $180,000. Weren't they offering $'s to Marcus Dupree's "advisor" way back in the day? For some reason it seems only Auburn gets hammered in the SEC by the NCAA.
    I thought the offer to Newton's dad was $225-250K and I read somewhere that
    Dupree's "advisor" was offered a really sweet ride to pass on to Marcus.....as to
    Auburn getting hammered more, I'd suggest Auburn hire 'Bama's defenders!

Sabanball is right, though, most big time programs will "overstep, er, oversign"
    SEC schools appear to do it more than others...Bama, LSU, Mississippi schools
    are at the forefront....some years 30-35 signees and then comes grayshirting
    or "this player is better than this one, so adios" or some small infraction and
    "yer outta here..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

There is no such thing as legit or legal 'oversigning'. The NCAA has a hard limit and in our case the conference has a yearly limit(25/yr) on top of that, plus any eligible back-counters. If you exceed either of those numbers you are in violation of the rules.

As for gray shirting, some of you really have it overblown. All it amounts to is a 4 month delay in enrollment. The kid still gets a full ride scholly, and it is usually only used if a player is injured his senior year in HS, which allows him to rehab and hit the weight room. It's actually seldom used, we last used 2-3 yrs ago for Bradley Bozeman and next offered it to Riley Cole this year, who was the number 3 or 4 LB on our board and only held offers from Wake Forest and South Alabama(and now, evidently....Oklahoma). Both involved HS injuries and in neither case was a full scholly pulled. When you consider that many, if not most, freshman red shirt anyway in the big time programs like yours and ours, it's not really that big of a deal.
    Last edited by Sabanball; 2/1/2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Gee! What a surprise!! Does anyone think that anyone in the SEC is honest?