Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Stool State is just beating the crap out KU in G-Iba.

I guess we were pretty lucky to get out of Stoolwater with a W. Pokes up about 15 with ~4 min left. ESPN-2

Sheesh, we'd better protect LN, steal a couple on the road, and no brain-farts. Tough conference this year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Stool State is just beating the crap out KU in G-Iba.

Yea, that one has me puzzled. Are they really that tough at home or is KU a little overrated?
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner95 View Post
    Yea, that one has me puzzled. Are they really that tough at home or is KU a little overrated?
    KU might be a little overrated. As we know they are hard as hell to beat in AFH but I don't think this KU squad is athletic as some of the recent ones. Ellis is a great player but I don't think is someone that is going to deliver night after night. They don't really have that guy like Hield or Niang that they can ride down the stretch. Add to that KU looked like they were in slow motion most of the game. That effort on the road and KU will lose 3-4 more games.

If we can win in Waco Sat we have the inside track on winning the conference. We still go to WV but I expect them to drop some other road games as well.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

You know we all joke that we lose to Texas to ensure that they have to keep their current coach in football (didn't work out Mack's last year but point stands)?

Bill Self took one for team Big 12, for the fourth year in a row. They have the fanbase and facilities to be the basketball thorn in our side someday again, if only they find their own Lon Kruger, their own Bill Self (oh the irony), their own non-drunk Eddie Sutton.

Travis Ford once again has his annual signature win over the almighty Kansas Jayhawks. They may not sniff the postseason this year, but dagnabbit, they have that... and therefore, they will also be stuck with Ford

vCash

Baylor's going to beat KSU in 2 OTs in WACO. I heard that the Whorns beat W Va. With Baylor being 5-1 in-conference, these announcers are saying that Baylor is going to lead the Big-12. I would say that Saturday's game in Waco is huge because a loss this Saturday will not only put us with 3 conference Ls, but it'll give us 2 losses this week while being number 1, and we'll be 2 games behind Baylor (although that probably doesn't mean much with the way all 10 teams are playing). Even KSU, TCU, and Tech are pretty good on any given night. With an extra couple of days rest since we played on Mon Night and Baylor played tonight, there should be no excuse for us playing tired and our inside guys getting out RB on Sat, imo.

If the start of this seasons conference play is any indication, the conference winner may have a minimum of 6 conference Ls with the tiebreaker win, whatever that is. Got to play each game like we're tied on the final night of the season.

Holy Cow, the conference tourney is going to be a bloodbath. The Big 12 may not have any teams in the top 10 come tourney time.....and have a good possibility of getting 2 or 3 teams to the 8 and a couple in the final 4....and the regular conference winner may get whooped on the 2nd night of the Big 12 tourney. May be a good idea just to tank-it in the conference tourney and rest for the dance, if we don't have 7 or 8 losses by then.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Right now the Big 12 is projected to be a 7-bid conference... it's easier for me to say which ones are out than in, so OSU, TCU and KSU.

OU is still projected to be a 1-seed, if not the top overall seed, despite those pesky ears of corn in Ames. KU has dropped to a 2-seed, but has previously been a 1-seed. I'd say WVU has an outside shot of playing its way into 1-seed as well.

The teams most at risk of NITing after being projected in at this point in the season is Tech and whorn, I'd say. Neither are to be taken lightly.

I think I mentioned everyone worth mentioning

vCash

There's going to be an interesting game in Norman next Tuesday (OU/Tech ESPiN-2) depending on the outcome of Sat's game with Baylor. If we win Sat, I'd say we gut TT. If we lose Sat, then this game may tell how we end up in the Big 12 regular season standings. Then there's a tough one against LSU in Baton Rouge the following Sat.
    Win all 3 and we very well may get that no.1 seed. Lose 2 of the 3, and I would say the no. 1 seed is doubtful. Huge 7-8 days for OU Men's BB starting tomorrow. Big Monday games haven't been too kind to us so far this year. Hopefully that will change on Feb 8 when the Whorns come to Norman.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...2821-9-12-6%29

I can't quite figure this early start time for OU/Baylor, considering how big a game this is. If anything, I would think this benefits us considering we played Mon Night and Baylor played Wed night. ESPiN must be showing their "Luv Child Network" SEC games late on Saturday. The game following ours (Whorn at KU) is also big, but just looking at the circumstances on how Whorn beat W Va, I probably would say that KU kills them in Lawrence, but after Stool State just bent over KU, don't really know which KU team will show up.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 1/22/2016 at 03:35 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

yup, it's going to be a wild finish.

Wv is another team...kill ku then look like utter cow crap against the horns. They actually played OU better...weird. At this point ku is the only "home" team that really looks good...at home. I think isu, horns, wv all have a shot at beating them at ku. OU should have.

The good is...we've played isu, ku and osu on the road. Unfortunately we only went 1-2. We've played isu, wv, ksu at home and have won. I'd say the ONLY easy win is TCU. Even TT took bu to the wire at bu.

We win out home games and can beat ksu, tt, tcu on the road that puts OU at 12-4 league. LSU game will be tough, but I've watched them and Simmons will get his, but their white guard is similar to ours, driver and can hit the 3. It'll be a tough game. They have some bigs but not overwhelmingly great.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!