Thread: 10 Sailors

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

10 Sailors

So, lots of talk about how it was against the Geneva Convention to use the sailors as propaganda. Taking pictures kneeling down in prisoner formation, recordings of them apologizing, telling us how "well" Iran treated them..Kerry thanking Iran for a "quick release". Likened it to a dog rolling over for a belly scratch, problem is, it's a submissive move...we are Iran's "dog" and they showed the world.

McCain said it was against protocol to even board the boats by Iran.

No, I don't think we "go to war" over the issue with them, but definitely shouldn't be "thanking them"...

Open to discuss...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Re: 10 Sailors

We were in their area of the country, and we drifted into their territorial waters. They were boarded and promptly released. McCain, as always, is a loon...to put it nicely.

Let's take a moment to imagine the reaction from some of these nationalist sorts if Iran were conducting operations off the coast of NY and a couple of their boats drifted into American territorial waters. Go ahead...guess...

vCash

As someone with actual naval experience I suspect that there's much about this story that we don't know. Quite frankly there's something about the story as put out there that smells of fish.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/13/politi...ism/index.html

I don't know the story. It's curious to say the least. If a boat broke then I'd think the other would tow it or they'd dump that one and all get on the good one...am I wrong? Did both boats break? Did they simply get off course? I don't want to be sexist but I don't think it was some Ranger/Delta/Seal operation as there was a woman on board. I think they handled it how we would have handled it. They made sure they were safe, they took care of them and they validated that nothing seemed amiss. I'm sure they took full advantage of investigating our top of the line boat technology.

When this happened with British soldiers they kept them for 13 days: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_I...Navy_personnel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    So, lots of talk about how it was against the Geneva Convention to use the sailors as propaganda. Taking pictures kneeling down in prisoner formation, recordings of them apologizing, telling us how "well" Iran treated them..Kerry thanking Iran for a "quick release". Likened it to a dog rolling over for a belly scratch, problem is, it's a submissive move...we are Iran's "dog" and they showed the world.

McCain said it was against protocol to even board the boats by Iran.

No, I don't think we "go to war" over the issue with them, but definitely shouldn't be "thanking them"...

Open to discuss...
    You think the muslims give a rat's fat as*s about the Geneva Convention?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    You think the muslims give a rat's fat as*s about the Geneva Convention?
    nope
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    We were in their area of the country, and we drifted into their territorial waters. They were boarded and promptly released. McCain, as always, is a loon...to put it nicely.

Let's take a moment to imagine the reaction from some of these nationalist sorts if Iran were conducting operations off the coast of NY and a couple of their boats drifted into American territorial waters. Go ahead...guess...
    1. Not a big McCain supported...just was saying what he said. He's got more knowledge than I on that issue.

2. I would bet that the US Coast Guard...or Navy would NOT board their vessel, put them in "prisoner" position, hold them for ANY time NOR record them apologizing for being in our waters, nor would our government expect or demand an apology from the Iran gov.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    As someone with actual naval experience I suspect that there's much about this story that we don't know. Quite frankly there's something about the story as put out there that smells of fish.
    CB, What or why are we using Riverine go fast boats in this area? If the location is correct as they say, this is in the middle of the Persian Gulf, deep water. How can 1 or 2 boats have "engine trouble" and drift into enemy territorial waters? If only 1, I would think a tow is in order... They most certainly had electronic charts and GPS and knew where the boundaries were...

Yeah, something else about this...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    CB, What or why are we using Riverine go fast boats in this area? If the location is correct as they say, this is in the middle of the Persian Gulf, deep water. How can 1 or 2 boats have "engine trouble" and drift into enemy territorial waters? If only 1, I would think a tow is in order... They most certainly had electronic charts and GPS and knew where the boundaries were...

Yeah, something else about this...
    And they got into said diabled/broken boats the next day and drove away.

Interesting.

vCash
    Pentagon is now saying it was a "navigational error". Yeah, right... Bubba in his 21 foot sailboat on his first cruise is navigational error. Million dollar (or so) high tech and heavily armed patrol boats with seasoned crews, not so much...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Ummm, small point here, for the Geneva Convention to be invoked there must
    be declared war. As far as I know, that isn't the case. Biggest deal is that Iran
    paraded the video to the world..bad idea..Kerry reminded Iran if they want the
    big bucks they'd better play nice..sailors released quickly..McCain..partisan over-
    reaction, imo...not everything out front yet...mechanical..operator error..whatever.
    Worse thing about this is the timing...Obama should have made mention of it BUT
    the public doesn't know what was going on behind the scenes, as is the case most
    of the time, so maybe it was in our interest to not make a big deal of it...jus sayin..

vCash

Yeah, Valeria Jarrett is probably over there working her Iranian mumbo-jumbo...

vCash

Yea it was a bit humiliating but Big deal. It wernt worth starting a shootin war over.
    But does show we shouldnt be tryin to play nice with those ****ers and Dayum sure dont trust em
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

http://www.vox.com/2016/1/20/10794186/iran-debate

This is an interesting read. Ignore the source as I'd call it more non-partisan than most things at that place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

As Curly said, this thing smells.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!