Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OU vs OSU

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: OU vs OSU

There were some lazy passes and lazy dribbling late in the game by Buddy, Isaiah and others, but I can understand how blindingly bright orange can make your eyes heavy with exhaustion... so yes, I will attribute all second half mistakes to orange fatigue

You know how we used to say that OU was OSU's bowl game in football because they weren't going to a real bowl? Well, last night was OSU's tournament game, because they aren't going to the NCAA tournament

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Team just looks kind of tired. While Kruger hasn't exactly shortened his rotation their minutes are negligible as are their contribution. At some point it starts wearing on a team and it looks like they are at that point. I really thought that Buford was going to be more of a factor this year than what we have seen.

vCash

I was also frustrated with how easily they were getting to the basket and scoring in the lane.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Gotta tighten up the Defense a coupla notches.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    And what has happened to the bench? Seems they peaked against Villanova, and at this point they're basically paperweights for the bench. We really need Buford, Walker, Manyang, and at least one of James or Odomes to really contribute. Whatever the reason, they are going in the wrong direction.
    yes... I would suspect Manyang should play against wv...big on big. We'll see.

Kind of a catch 22...get the guys time, but then we drop off on production. Had a 21 point lead against ksu til buddy went out..
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    I'm thinking Buddy is/was tired..how else to explain 10 to's. OSU didn't
    need the three with Evans...someone said to collapse into the paint to slow
    them, didn't work with Evans...that young man is pretty special. I watched
    a little of WVU and KU. WVU plays different at home than on the road so I
    have a good feeling...Spangler was off on his three's by maybe a half inch
    so if he can get a couple to go with Hield, Woodard, Walker and even Cousins
    ought to be a solid win! Leastwise, that is what it looks like through Crimson
    colored glasses...
    Buddy's 10th TO was a foul, the guy grabbed his arm pretty bad to get the ball, but he needs to be better. Some of his turnovers were just lazy bad dribbling.

Good news is that Cousins started to come out of his slump, and even hit free throws.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    yes... I would suspect Manyang should play against wv...big on big. We'll see.

Kind of a catch 22...get the guys time, but then we drop off on production. Had a 21 point lead against ksu til buddy went out..
    But we took out many of the starters against Villanova and they came in playing well. I'm just wondering why the drop-off.

We're going to need them if we want to be Final Four material, much less a real shot at the NC.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

14-1 and ranked #2. I'm gonna enjoy it for the moment. They'll be plenty of time this year for knashing of teeth.

Enjoy the ride. It's rare we have this good of a team.

And we're not going 32-1.

31-2 maybe... Just give me that 1 or 2 seed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

I think Buddy just got out of sync in the second half because he didn't touch the ball for the first 8 minutes. He is basically a spot up shooter who has learned slashing to the basket, so his ball security tends to get better the more drives in a row he does. He just doesn't have the knack for keeping the dribble away from off the ball defenders guys like Nolan Johnson did.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

I for one am not surprised the game ended up that close. It's a product of OU-OSU.

I've already heard some WVU fans in my neck of the woods being over confident..they beat pokes by 30 and we only by 2 so we can handle OU.

Please. We will handle their press and take care of them Saturday.

My worries comes after that.

@Ames
    @baylor

Tough back 2 back road games.

We still need more from out front-line and Cousins needs to figure it out. He's starting to become a liability on offense.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    14-1 and ranked #2. I'm gonna enjoy it for the moment. They'll be plenty of time this year for knashing of teeth.

Enjoy the ride. It's rare we have this good of a team.

And we're not going 32-1.

31-2 maybe... Just give me that 1 or 2 seed.
    lol, oh I agree....it's great to be even THINKING of a 1 or 2 seed! I know we'll drop a few...I've always maintained B12 champ will have 2 to 3 losses.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    I think Buddy just got out of sync in the second half because he didn't touch the ball for the first 8 minutes. He is basically a spot up shooter who has learned slashing to the basket, so his ball security tends to get better the more drives in a row he does. He just doesn't have the knack for keeping the dribble away from off the ball defenders guys like Nolan Johnson did.
    yes, very frustrating...Buddy didn't touch the ball...but he did do too much just dribbling, kind of like cousins doing the behind the back, between the legs crap with no one on him...he's dribbled it off his foot before. I just am old school..why do that crap unless you NEED to.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner95 View Post
    I for one am not surprised the game ended up that close. It's a product of OU-OSU.

My worries comes after that.

@Ames
    @baylor

Tough back 2 back road games.

We still need more from out front-line and Cousins needs to figure it out. He's starting to become a liability on offense.
    definitely...bu is long and deep, plays the zone very well. From what I've seen we have a hard time against a zone.