Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: ***** NCG: Tide v Tigers Game Thread *****

Based on this game iI think Our pass defense is pretty. Let's get some meat on the lines and we'll be good

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Even the tide defense had problems stopping the tiger running game, that last drive anyway. Predictably, the bama secondary gave up a lot yardage but they held on in the fourth quarter to shut down the Clemson comeback. It was also somewhat gratifying to see so many negative plays suffered by bama. They gave up what, 5 sacks on Coker. There was a comment about how many times they faced 3rd down and 9 yards to go or more. I kept thinking, "See! OU is a good team but that Clemson line is very good!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Since71ASooner4Life View Post
    kicker was off sides with left foot - why didnt they call that?
    Kicker by rule can never be offsides on a kick

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Those were two good teams with big, fast athletes. Another championship for the South.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

How many times did Venebles defenses get beat deep when he was with us? Those 2 TD's to the tightend brought back some bad memories.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by S.PadreIsl.Sooner View Post
    How many times did Venebles defenses get beat deep when he was with us? Those 2 TD's to the tightend brought back some bad memories.
    On a play by play basis, Clemson appeared to be the better team, but they made *all* the mistakes. The 1 turnover, the 2 blown coverages on the TE and the mistakes on the KO return team (I believe a KO TD can only happen by blown coverage). I actually like it when good coaching trumps physical prowess and that's what happened last night. Bama coaches saw a flaw in the TE coverage and took advantage at just the right time. And they noticed the open area on the wide side of the KO coverage and dared the onside kick (credit the kicker for perfect execution). Had the mistakes been even or just slightly in Bama's favor, Clemson wins the game. I hope Bobby and staff take that as a challenge.

Also, no way is this an SEC!SEC! victory. The SEC was weak overall this year and this was just a pure Saban/Bama victory, although I'm sure the SEC riff-raff teams will claim otherwise.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

A well fought game. Was rooting for the Tigahs, but alas. Both teams were in it.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Venables' defense gave up 200 yards in four plays. Seems depressingly familiar, somehow.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Clemson got out coached. Veneble's defense didn't looked as prepared.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I wonder what the outcome would have been if a few penalties had gone Clemson's way like an unsportsmanlike for the many times an Alabama player clapped towards a Clemson player or a face mask on the Alabama runner who used a stiff arm to the head of the Clemson tackler.

This game came down to Saban and his offensive coaches finding a glaring weaknes in Venable's defense....the inability to account for the TE. I liked how they moved him around and put him in motion. It was the difference in the game. I know that LR was watching this game and he is a bright boy.Hope to see a lot of Andrews next year.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    Clemson got out coached. Veneble's defense didn't looked as prepared.....
    Neither defense looked great which was surprising
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

All I'll say is what a ballgame! Hats off to Dabo and Clemson. They played about as well as could be asked of them. Kirby Smart and our D were severely out-coached, we were not able to drive consistently, but had a bevy of explosive plays on O which were, along with the onside kick, really the difference. When it came to moving the ball between the 20 yd lines, I felt like they outplayed us. But, fotunately, our B- game beat their A game. That fourth quarter was one for the ages. If you had told me before the game that we would win a shootout, I would have laughed. Unpredictability though is one of the things that makes college football so great. It's been a great run and will be interesting to see how long Saban can sustain this level of success.

Let's meet in Tampa on 1-9-2017.
    Last edited by Sabanball; 1/13/2016 at 04:16 PM.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sabanball View Post
    All I'll say is what a ballgame! Hats off to Dabo and Clemson. They played about as well as could be asked of them. Kirby Smart and our D were severely out-coached, we were not able to drive consistently, but had a bevy of explosive plays on O which were, along with the onside kick, really the difference. When it came to moving the ball between the 20 yd lines, I felt like they outplayed us. But, fotunately, our B- game beat their A game. That fourth quarter was one for the ages. If you had told me before the game that we would win a shootout, I would have laughed. Unpredictability though is one of the things that makes college football so great. It's been a great run and will be interesting to see how long Saban can sustain this level of success.

Let's meet in Tampa on 1-9-2017.
    Not gonna happen. See the "Does anybody really think Stoops.." thread.