Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Does anyone really think Stoops...

It could be argued the Big 10 sent their 2nd best team into the playoff or even the 3rd but then the second guessers said that about the Big XII after the OU loss.

But as bad as I wanted a win last week, I am happy with OUr season and will wear my 2015 Big XII Champions shirt with pride.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonernAR View Post
    I would like to see the same overhaul on defense...... coach and scheme, Mike needs to go. Is there another bright star out there like Lincoln Riley we can get?
    Why? Our defense was much improved this year. It wasn't just improved it was good. Last night Alabama gave up more points to Clemson than OU did and we all hear what incredible talent Alabama has. We gave up 17 points to Tennessee in regulation Alabama gave up 14 points. So based on our two common opponents the OU defense and the Alabama defense performed about the same.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Why? Our defense was much improved this year. It wasn't just improved it was good. Last night Alabama gave up more points to Clemson than OU did and we all hear what incredible talent Alabama has. We gave up 17 points to Tennessee in regulation Alabama gave up 14 points. So based on our two common opponents the OU defense and the Alabama defense performed about the same.
    We seriously need to upgrade at linebacker. We've slowly improved since BV left and our linebackers are now "productive", but what we need to defensively turn the corner is for them to be "dominating". We basically need to be able to cut loose our DL and know that the linebackers will clean it up if it goes south.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    No he will not win another one. He had the ridiculous luck of playing the three other competitive teams in the conference without starting their QBs - and, without some of the defensive starters - plus Kansas State playing a WR at QB.

There is no way that happens again. The Texas games over the past three seasons have been atrocious. And, the Clemson post-season games show we've fallen down to at least ACC-level competitiveness.

That the ACC has caught up to the Big 12 is, really, sad. But, we're a part of that problem in allowing Texas to dictate who comes and goes in the league, Boren and Castiglione following along like lost puppies because Texas agrees to feed us more table scraps than the others.

I expect 3-5 losses every year Stoops remains. I expect to continue to watch physical teams brutalize our undersized lines in important games.

What it has come down to is this: the unexpected 2000 national title, plus the weakening of the Big 12 conference have basically given Stoops a lifetime pass here. The only thing that will trip him up are his own players' off the field antics.

He'll give one too many second chances and will get burned...and, the program along with it.
    Then it sounds like you and OkibaTony can go play golf together on Saturdays next fall. I'll be in front of the TV.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    Def jelous much! Lol! And don't forget daddy, bubby went to dental school and the family gives more to the program than I'm willing to bet your on purpose gramtical online persona does...

Bandwagon! Damn right, we helped buy the fuc$in schooner
    How fortunate for you that your family is able to donate so much money to their favorite athletic program. I feel much better knowing that about you.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    We seriously need to upgrade at linebacker. We've slowly improved since BV left and our linebackers are now "productive", but what we need to defensively turn the corner is for them to be "dominating". We basically need to be able to cut loose our DL and know that the linebackers will clean it up if it goes south.
    We seemed to have recruited better the last couple of years in the LB area. Got a couple of kids with some potential it looks like anyway.

Have you heard anything with regards to how they are coming along in the program?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CincySooner View Post
    How fortunate for you that your family is able to donate so much money to their favorite athletic program. I feel much better knowing that about you.
    Heh, The boy dint say "HIM and his family" He said "His family" Granpa was a b8 ref and daddy was a rasler and bubby (What ever the **** that is ) was a tiddly winks player er some silly ****! Who scrapes teeth.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    We seemed to have recruited better the last couple of years in the LB area. Got a couple of kids with some potential it looks like anyway.

Have you heard anything with regards to how they are coming along in the program?
    Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Seems like Bolton, DeBerry, and Hulk are an upgrade in size, if nothing else.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Then it sounds like you and OkibaTony can go play golf together on Saturdays next fall. I'll be in front of the TV.
    Yeah and all of this is after an 11-2 year. Apparently 14-0 is the new requirement around here........and we have to look good doing it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Seems like Bolton, DeBerry, and Hulk are an upgrade in size, if nothing else.
    Here is what the roster shows for LB's today. We know which ones are leaving.

Looking at 2016 recruiting class on 247 which shows us with 15 "hard commits" there are two LB's on the list.
    Last edited by dwarthog; 1/12/2016 at 10:43 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

I'm a 22 year season ticket holder; so, I'll be at the games. Try again.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Here is what the roster shows for LB's today. We know which ones are leaving.

Looking at 2016 recruiting class on 247 which shows us with 15 "hard commits" there are two LB's on the list.
    Interesting. I thought Bolton was bigger than that.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Yeah and all of this is after an 11-2 year. Apparently 14-0 is the new requirement around here........and we have to look good doing it.
    They probably complained that OU didn't have enough offense after the 2001 Orange Bowl also

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

They probably complained that OU didn't have enough offense after the 2001 Orange Bowl also
    No, that was back in the era of defense. They complained about the safety on the failed punt and losing the shutout

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I'm a 22 year season ticket holder; so, I'll be at the games. Try again.
    sounds like your wallet has more influence than your words

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    No, that was back in the era of defense. They complained about the safety on the failed punt and losing the shutout
    This. The Stoops that cared more about defense than offense is long gone. Within two seasons he had a roster full of John Blake recruits breathing fire on defense. No more.

His groups these days talk a lot, call themselves sharks, and all sorts of other stupid things. But, they pale greatly in comparison to the 2000 and 2001 defenses.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

This. The Stoops that cared more about defense than offense is long gone. Within two seasons he had a roster full of John Blake recruits breathing fire on defense. No more.

His groups these days talk a lot, call themselves sharks, and all sorts of other stupid things. But, they pale greatly in comparison to the 2000 and 2001 defenses.
    Is this the start of a fire Mike Stoops and hire John Blake thread?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ddub0224 View Post
    Is this the start of a fire Mike Stoops and hire John Blake thread?
    I sure hope so. We need to bring back the excitement of the coach's show when Blake was here.

"Steven Parker ... Jenks, OK ... good job."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    We were not the 3rd best country in the nation... but if that is your expectation then I understand.
    Top 5

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post

That was intended as a joke. You know - the 'ol people will complain even if they are hanged by a new rope bit?