Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Does anyone really think Stoops...

Can win another national title? 0-5 in final nat'l games, scored less than 19 points in every game, and has been dominated twice. Next year will be his last and best chance to do so. If he doesn't, I'll be the first to say its time to go...

And for all the morons who say 'who else you going to get' i encourage you to stand by that line, and use when your boss asks you why you are underperforming relative to the position and salary. This is my 2016 statement, this is his last chance. 16 years is too long for a coach anyway.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Does anyone really think Stoops...

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    Can win another national title?
    I don't know... but, as a fan, aren't you willing to find out?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

He seems willing to make changes so I'm going to say yes he can win another. Puts a ton of guys in the NFL as well.
    I set my DVR to record "The Biggest Loser" and now it records the Longhorn Network all day.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I agree that OU will always find a good coach in football... any sport really... thanks to good leadership from Joe and David. Other programs (like Nebraska) might have thought the same thing in the past, but for different, less plausible reasons ("Because we're Nebraska!").

If there's cause for concern, it's that football attendance is down nationwide, especially in the student sections, and in this region of the country, donors/boosters are requesting rain checks on donation pledges due to a tanking oil and energy industry.

Alas, I don't think we should can Bob Stoops just because he gets us to big bowl games only to lose upon arrival. Winning the conference and being in the national title picture on an semi-annual basis should count for something, even at a program like OU.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Can win another national title? 0-5 in final nat'l games, scored less than 19 points in every game, and has been dominated twice. Next year will be his last and best chance to do so. If he doesn't, I'll be the first to say its time to go...

And for all the morons who say 'who else you going to get' i encourage you to stand by that line, and use when your boss asks you why you are underperforming relative to the position and salary. This is my 2016 statement, this is his last chance. 16 years is too long for a coach anyway.
    If you had a job for 16 years, would you want someone to tell you it was time to go? The National Championship is VERY difficult to get there, too many variables: injuries, other teams win loss records, coaches leaving, players leaving......

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    If you had a job for 16 years, would you want someone to tell you it was time to go? The National Championship is VERY difficult to get there, too many variables: injuries, other teams win loss records, coaches leaving, players leaving......

If my employees stated goal was winning national titles which I paid him/her to do substantially; and he didn't do it for 16 years, then yes, I would let him go. 16 years at a program is a very long time. This year is it for me. Put up or shut up- I personally think we will get killed in the playoffs again making 0-6 for 17 years.

vCash

Forgive me for my lowered expectations, but I don't think anyone realistically says that they are paying college football coaches for national titles. I think our $5 million or so annually gets OU to contend for the conference and national titles annually. Coaches can't control injuries and have limited control on national media, but it seems like we have a coaching staff in place leading OU in the right direction.

So, we lost the second half to Clemp. Clemp is probably a few days away from being the national champ. Not too shabby of a season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not going to predict he will but I am certain he can.

Hell Tom Osborne coached 22 seasons, won most of his games but lost bowl games in his last 7 years. Nebraska didn't run him off. Then he won 3 titles in the next 4 years. I'm sure after 22 years a lot of Husker fans wondered if Tom could win a NC.

I don't think we were THAT far away this year. O-line needs to be more physical. I think that is being addressed. I think the D-line hasn't had the impact players in recent seasons. Need a McCoy, Harris, Dvoracek type impact linemen. Land a player like that with solid players around him and this we will be winning a NC. If your answer is Stoops CAN'T do that again then maybe it doesn't happen.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Explain your 0-5 math please. By my calculations Stoops is 1-3 in national title games.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Yes, I think he can. It's not exactly an easy thing to do. A lot has to fall just right.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Given that OU won the conference this year and made the CFP, Stoops has no doubt added to his support reserves. We will be favored to win the conference again next season by most analysts or at least co-favored with Baylor. If the team meets those expectations, Stoops can probably pick his own retirement date (regardless of what the fans think).

vCash

Explain your 0-5 math please
    He's lost five BCS/title games before this most recent one???

By season:
    L: 2003 Sugar
    L: 2004 Orange
    L: 2006 Fiesta
    L: 2007 Fiesta
    L: 2008 Orange

There you go, 0-5. Please ignore the 2000 and 2015 seasons and those years he won BCS bowls that weren't the nat'l title game

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

The irony here is that you are calling other people morons. Seriously, why wait a year, do us all a favor and GTFO! I hear that catholic school likes bandwagoneers.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Of course a Stoops team can win another title. We would be foolish to run him off.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    The irony here is that you are calling other people morons. Seriously, why wait a year, do us all a favor and GTFO! I hear that catholic school likes bandwagoneers.
    Moron is most certainly applicable to you. I'm a bandwagon fan? Lol. You have no idea how deep my sooner roots go, and just to give you a small example an 85 national chip ship ring is sitting at my grandmothers house so please, just stop.

Based off his bowl and national championship record and the blowouts that have ensued, it's not 'bandwagon' to say this isn't acceptable. You also have to consider the human nature effect, 16/17 years at one program or anywhere is a very long time and anyone would get complacent, that's a fact. One of his first interviews he gave as coach in 99 he said 'it's been 15 for OU to be a national champion, that's too long...' So even by his own standard, he has failed.

Stoops has been and is a good coach, but 'good' at certain places just isn't good enough. **** off on the bandwagon fan, $hit gets old.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If my employees stated goal was winning national titles which I paid him/her to do substantially; and he didn't do it for 16 years, then yes, I would let him go. 16 years at a program is a very long time. This year is it for me. Put up or shut up- I personally think we will get killed in the playoffs again making 0-6 for 17 years.
    I seriously doubt that winning the NC is a requirement in Stoops contract - I'm sure it has some nice incentives if he does. The requirement is that the powers that be (JoeC, Boren, regents, large donors) think he is doing a good enough job to continue. I could easily see Bob staying indefinitely w/o winning another NC.

vCash

Yes
    All others are ****ing idiots!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Moron is most certainly applicable to you. I'm a bandwagon fan? Lol. You have no idea how deep my sooner roots go, and just to give you a small example
    an 85 national chip ship ring is sitting at my grandmothers house
    so please, just stop.

Based off his bowl and national championship record and the blowouts that have ensued, it's not 'bandwagon' to say this isn't acceptable. You also have to consider the human nature effect, 16/17 years at one program or anywhere is a very long time and anyone would get complacent, that's a fact. One of his first interviews he gave as coach in 99 he said 'it's been 15 for OU to be a national champion, that's too long...' So even by his own standard, he has failed.

Stoops has been and is a good coach, but 'good' at certain places just isn't good enough. **** off on the bandwagon fan, $hit gets old.
    What Pawn shop she buy it from?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

"I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Ditto also too!