Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I'm sure this will end well

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    http://www.cato.org/blog/no-good-guys-west

This is a pretty good summation:
    Hmmm...nothing about a cover up of deer poaching as the prosecutor claimed, and the reason the original sentence was reduced was because NO FIREFIGHTERS LIVES WERE THREATENED...dik.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Just cause you throw a Teaspoon of sugar in a glass of Pee dont make it sweet Tea!
    lmao.

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Hmmm...nothing about a cover up of deer poaching as the prosecutor claimed, and the reason the original sentence was reduced was because NO FIREFIGHTERS LIVES WERE THREATENED...dik.
    The summation said that they probably shouldn't have lit those fires and the prosecuted shouldn't have used anti-terrorism laws. What part of that is inaccurate? Why do you have to be what you call m at every turn? You should totally drop some negs on me.

vCash

That sign is Ammon Bundys background picture on twitter. Rosa parks would have spell checked it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Well, I certainly know that the way the federal government treats its citizens sure sends a warm and fuzzy feeling up my leg. The only people who side with the government are brain-dead liberals, the bi-coastal media, inside the beltway sycophants and leeches and federal government employees.

Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    https://news.vice.com/article/the-ar...litia-standoff

I'm sure you won't believe it but here's some information about the arson:

The case that prompted the ongoing occupation of a wildlife refuge in Oregon by armed militiamen dates back to September 30, 2001. Nearly 15 years later, exactly what happened that day remains hotly disputed. But what's not under contention is the fact that roughly 140 acres of federal land were scorched in a blaze that was started by two ranchers who, as of Monday evening, are now behind bars in federal prison.

According to the Department of Justice, the 2001 incident started with rancher Dwight Hammond and his son Steven hunting on federal land adjacent to their property near the city of Burns in a remote stretch of eastern Oregon. The feds allege that the Hammonds "led an unauthorized hunting expedition" and "illegally shot several deer."

When a district manager from the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) approached the younger Hammond to confront him about the poaching, he "ducked into the brush to hide," according to a Supreme Court brief filed by the government in February 2014. The district manager said he then encountered four men armed with hunting rifles, which made him "very uncomfortable with the situation" — to the point that he felt unsafe and decided to leave the scene.

Soon afterwards, according to the court brief, Steven Hammond handed out boxes of matches to his fellow hunters. "We are going to light up the whole country on fire," the rancher, now 46, reportedly said. He allegedly gave one box of matches to his then 13-year-old nephew, Dusty Hammond, and instructed the boy to walk along the fence line that separated the Hammond property from federal land and drop the lit matches "until he ran out."

Dusty later told investigators he did as he was ordered, striking matches and dropping them into the grass. He soon saw smoke coming from the direction where the other hunters had walked, and found himself surrounded by a raging wildfire. He got trapped against a creek and said he thought he "was going to get burned up" by the 8-to-10-foot-high flames. The teen managed to escape, but the fire eventually scorched 139 acres.
    Their nephew thought he was going to get burned up. They routinely put firefighters in danger. To me, this doesn't seem like responsible "land management" by the ranchers. Maybe they need to do more time.

vCash

That sign is Ammon Bundys background picture on twitter. Rosa parks would have spell checked it.
    Troll twitter account. I do like me some fake twitter accounts.

My favorite: https://twitter.com/FauxPelini?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

vCash

So SN ya say ya dont think this will end well. What in yer opinion is gonna happen?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

A few things have changed my perception of the outcome. Initially, there were to be 150-200 "Patriots". There are 20. The ranchers have distanced themselves from these guys. They actually reported as they were supposed to. So, I predict that the "patriots" will quietly leave with their tails low and claim victory.

Question: How would this have transpired if these guys were non-white? What if they were Muslim? That then begs the question, if the FBI had responded to this the same way if they were non-white or Muslim what would you and yours have thought?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...edentials.html

Here's another interesting angle. Two of the twenty that are there are proven "fake" former military guys. That's 10%. What's up with that?

vCash

A few things have changed my perception of the outcome. Initially, there were to be 150-200 "Patriots". There are 20. The ranchers have distanced themselves from these guys. They actually reported as they were supposed to. So, I predict that the "patriots" will quietly leave with their tails low and claim victory.

Question: How would this have transpired if these guys were non-white? What if they were Muslim? That then begs the question, if the FBI had responded to this the same way if they were non-white or Muslim what would you and yours have thought?

Here's another interesting angle. Two of the twenty that are there are proven "fake" former military guys. That's 10%. What's up with that?
    The Ranchers indicated from the start they were going to report for prison. 20 whackos dont a movement make.

As far as what id this had been MooSlums? Are you ****ting me? Since when has a group of then ever done anything peaceful like this? Nope they just send in the wimmens and kids and have em blow themselves up.

As far as the "Stolen Valor" other than sayin he was a ****ing Jar head when he wasnt what he steal?

I got no use for thos who
    are impostors.

There were almost 10 million US service personnel In Uniform during the Viet Nam war
    2.7 Million of us Put boots on the ground there.
    Yet I talk to folk every day and they all have 3 uncles 2 brothers and 14 cousins who were there.

It donmeannuthin!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    The Ranchers indicated from the start they were going to report for prison. 20 whackos dont a movement make.

As far as what id this had been MooSlums? Are you ****ting me? Since when has a group of then ever done anything peaceful like this? Nope they just send in the wimmens and kids and have em blow themselves up.

As far as the "Stolen Valor" other than sayin he was a ****ing Jar head when he wasnt what he steal?

I got no use for thos who
    are impostors.

There were almost 10 million US service personnel In Uniform during the Viet Nam war
    2.7 Million of us Put boots on the ground there.
    Yet I talk to folk every day and they all have 3 uncles 2 brothers and 14 cousins who were there.

It donmeannuthin!
    As a boots on the ground guy, seriously, thanks for your service. I respect the guy cooking the slop in the mess hall for his service as well. It's a crap shoot when you sign up to some extent. Signing the name on the line and reporting for duty are something that every service man has in common. These are those "call of duty" veterans who will do nothing but buy the right clothes and use the terminology to try to gain some respect on the backs of the veterans that actually earned that respect.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Here is a question for you SN.

How would "Occupy Wall Street" or any other of the "Occupy movements" have ended if they were composed of Muslims?

I've little doubt some of that crowd, occupy whatever, told more than a few whoppers about great heroic feats performed in other protests etc. while eating catered food and probably having only recently ventured out of their parents basements with Ipad and Iphone for the first time.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post

How would "Occupy Wall Street" or any other of the "Occupy movements" have ended if they were composed of Muslims?

I've little doubt some of that crowd, occupy whatever, told more than a few whoppers about great heroic feats performed in other protests etc. while eating catered food and probably having only recently ventured out of their parents basements with Ipad and Iphone for the first time.
    Good point. I didn't think of it from that angle. Those were idgets as well.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    actually, they did pay for a long time. They eventually didn't when the feds told them to reduce the number of cattle due to some tortise and endangered animal act. So they had to pay or the feds would take the cattle. Was going on for 20 years.
    And, therein lies the crux of the problem: city-dwelling, shower-averse political leftist trying to tell ranchers what critters to protect at the expense of their livelihoods.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    And, therein lies the crux of the problem: city-dwelling, shower-averse political leftist trying to tell ranchers what critters to protect at the expense of their livelihoods.
    Actually, the crux of this problem is that wildlife staff (people like the ones that Oklahomans grew up with who were the country boys and Eagle Scouts and went into this line of work) witnessed what they observed to be deer poaching. To cover this they spread out and started many little fires. The nephew reported that they gave him a box of matches and told him to walk down a fence line lighting fires until he ran out. He got trapped at one point and thought he was going to burn. While this did burn federal land the real issue is that wildfires are a problem that firefighters come into in those forests to risk their lives. That is the original arson charge that started all of this. It's a little different than some animal.

I love Triumph. I will point out that I don't think any "occupiers" were under a tarp with a weapon or in a sniper position drawing down on federal officials.

vCash

Looks like the feces came into contact with the rotating oscillator.

Apparently, the guy under the tarp is no longer with us.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Will be interesting to hear the "narrative". While I am more sympathetic for the protesters than against them, I do not think this was the correct method or venue. I could see little good coming from this and a whole lot of not good.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWwc2RiEuPE

The guy who said he'd die before being put in a cement box died before being taken into custody. While tragic, not really a shocker. If they'd have not let the Bundy's off scott free last time this wouldn't have happened. I think it's offensive that militia folks had sniper rifles trained on federal agents and there were no repercussions.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Yeah, not right... I do have general sympathy to Westerner's against "Big Government" , then again, each issue, I am not well versed on. Though "managed land" is just that, managed. It is not free and not free to squander. Where that line is, I don't know what would be "fair".
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.