Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: honest question comparing bama to OU

I think their coaching philosophy is a big part of it. They start with the offensive and defensive lines and build the team from that. Nobody beats them in the trenches, on either side of the ball. They recruit and coach for that result. Watch their linemen play and tell me something different. Their skill players can be mediocre and they still win. Sure they have a heisman at RB, but I say Perrine wins the award behind that line. Close your eyes and imagina any number of QB's running their offense. No Problem....
    "If you don't agree with gay marriage, blame the straight people. They are the ones that keep having gay babies."

vCash

There's little doubt it's in the offensive line and the defensive front 7 where Alabama, Clemson too for that matter, enjoy a huge advantage over OU.

Say what you will about the SEC, but that's where most of the elite offensive and defensive linemen are going.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

When our 2nd team offense entered the game in Dallas late Thursday night against MSU in mop -up duty, 8 former ESPN 300 recruits took the field. As long as we attract that much talent and depth, and retain quality coaches, I think we will continue to be in good shape.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sabanball View Post
    When our 2nd team offense entered the game in Dallas late Thursday night against MSU in mop -up duty, 8 former ESPN 300 recruits took the field. As long as we attract that much talent and depth, and retain quality coaches, I think we will continue to be in good shape.
    Aha! you just admitted you are in cahoots with ESPN.

We need to get a bunch of players from the Fox Sports 300 list.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

When you look at the current rosters for the four playoff teams this year, notice the number of Under Armour All-Americans on each:

Bama 43
    Clemson 9
    Oklahoma 4
    MSU 2
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

jeeze not even close.

Course I compare this to the Dukes, Kansas, Kentucky of bball....IF I was a AA bball player I'd be at one of those schools (If I had no allegiance to OU)..That's what I don't get.

Bama is good, yes won 3 out of 4 in 9 years, but OU isn't THAT bad...ah well.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!