Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

We're f*cked. 7 out of 8 foxsports analysts says the Sooners are going to win it all.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...playoff-120115

Click on the link. I haven't figured out how to get the video address.
    The name of the story is:Bowl projections: No playoff but Buckeye fans still win with Fiesta matchup vs. Irish.
    But it is the video you want to watch.

Analysts on the OU Bandwagon:
    Rob Stone
    Dave Wannstedt
    Bruce Feldman
    Jason Whitlock
    Matt Leinert
    Brady Quinn
    Stewart Mandel

Lone holdout for Alabama:
    Clay Travis

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: We're f*cked. 7 out of 8 foxsports analysts says the Sooners are going to win it

Gah. Well, maybe the committee will give Stoops something to focus on and put us #4. Although, personally, I'd like #3 as playing in Dallas would be a big advantage for us.

Edit: OK, just watched. Was pretty surreal to see that kind of nearly unanimous opinion. And they gave Travis a pretty hard time about his pick. People are on the "We Believe" bandwagon for Stoops freaking hard right now.
    Last edited by SoonerMarkVA; 12/1/2015 at 01:41 PM.

vCash

Re: We're f*cked. 7 out of 8 foxsports analysts says the Sooners are going to win it

My 35 to 1 Bet loves it. LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Same shat I remember seeing before the '03 CCG against KSU. DOOMED !

vCash

Doomed for sure!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Haha I was going to make this thread after the show on Sunday.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    Haha I was going to make this thread after the show on Sunday.
    Just bump this one.

I know as a fan I'm projecting, but I just hate it when OU is the popular flavor of the day. I'm sure it has zero impact on what happens on the field, but it always "feels" better when we're the underdog. Personally, I don't see any real dominant team out there and all 4 teams in the CFP will be solid, but beatable. It will come down to specific match-ups and how the coaches game plan around them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Just bump this one.

I know as a fan I'm projecting, but I just hate it when OU is the popular flavor of the day. I'm sure it has zero impact on what happens on the field, but it always "feels" better when we're the underdog. Personally, I don't see any real dominant team out there and all 4 teams in the CFP will be solid, but beatable. It will come down to specific match-ups and how the coaches game plan around them.
    Not everybody thinks we're it, the so called "experts" on ESPN is saying
    that we might not even get in the playoffs. Reason, no conference champ
    game......

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    game......
    That's soooo 2014, not going to happen this year. As discussed many times before, the lack of CCG is a double edged sword. Last year is was the bad edge for Baylor; this year it is the good edge for OU.

It appears to be neutral for the big10 with the CCG winner getting in. For the ACC and SEC, it's just a chance for their favorite to lose (or get a star player hurt like we did in '08). Stanford's chances are only 2% according to Nate anyway, but even that chance is in danger with a rematch against a dangerous USC team. I like OUr situation this year with the players resting and the coaches recruiting while the other guys are sweating it out.

vCash

No argument from me, BS79...just pointing out a dissenting opinion from
    Fox's. This year, as outright conference champs, the 2014 argument is moot.
    Resting, getting healthier and tuning up for whoever is next makes for a good
    chance for #8, imo!!!

vCash

Leinart had to get his nudge in there about that game that never happened...

It is spooky to hear that many people say that. At least if we play Clemson, those wounds from last year are fresh

Bama has found a way to lose to us three times under Stoops. I'm thinking they might be out of them.

vCash

No argument from me, BS79...just pointing out a dissenting opinion from
    Fox's. This year, as outright conference champs, the 2014 argument is moot.
    Resting, getting healthier and tuning up for whoever is next makes for a good
    chance for #8, imo!!!
    The other part of the argument from '14 that doesn't apply is the OOC schedule.
    The committee was clearly punishing Baylor for not having a P5 OOC opponent.
    We had the Vol game, so no issue there. We'll never know what might have been,
    but I think TCU would have gotten in had they won the conference just because
    they played Minnesota! So it doesn't have to be a great P5 team.

vCash

The other part of the argument from '14 that doesn't apply is the OOC schedule.
    The committee was clearly punishing Baylor for not having a P5 OOC opponent.
    We had the Vol game, so no issue there. We'll never know what might have been,
    but I think TCU would have gotten in had they won the conference just because
    they played Minnesota! So it doesn't have to be a great P5 team.
    Yeah, and we're one of, what, only two or three teams all of whose OOC opponents are bowl eligible?

vCash

Oh jeez, we are f*cked.

Sure was fun watching it though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Heck, bring on the swagger. We used to act like we owned the #1 spot...AND WE DID!
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Lone holdout for Alabama:
    Clay Travis
    Travis is a worse HCBS hater than Hoover. If we played Kansas in the semis, he'd pick the Jayhawks.

I'm already getting tired of all this CFB committee crap and each former player who is now a talking head (or committee member) schilling for their former team/conference affiliation. I heard one hilljack analyst on ESPiN say that the Big 12 FB is a basketball conference and the teams didn't play any defense. He was also saying that the Big 12 should be left out again unless the conference champ is undefeated. I hope Bob, Mike, and the D get a raw cob up their azz pull a helluva D game-plan and an all-world execution effort, and hold whichever team we play under 2 TDs.
    Geeez us, it was obvious that he was a Big 12 hater that we could lose our only game to the 85 Chicago Bears and he would drop us out of the top 20. Christ, he was worse than that idiot Mark May.
    I'm also getting kind of weary of all this luv that these ESPiN/Fox talking heads are giving us. I think they know that if we're the underdog, getting the old Rodney Dangerfield and not any press love, then we're dangerous.

Until there is at least a 6 team play-off, each Power-5 Champion and 1 independent, I'd just as soon go back to the original BCS formula that had a heavy dose of the non-bias computer polls to choose the 4 teams.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Yeah, and we're one of, what, only two or three teams all of whose OOC opponents are bowl eligible?
    I thought it was 5, us, ohio st, mich st and then a couple of other smaller d1 schools
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Same shat I remember seeing before the '03 CCG against KSU. DOOMED !
    I try to remind myself that it's bad luck to be superstitious, but overall, I think we'd do better as an underdog. Doomed? Maybe, maybe not. But I sure hope our guys don't get too full of themselves, if that kind of thing continues.

vCash

game......
    Only one guy actually meant it. Most say we're a lock. I love what the ex Colorado "this is the big 12" coach said about baker... He's playing like he has something to prove he does. Besides TCU due to protocol, he's been banged up in 3 of our toughest games (tenn, Baylor, and ok state) and he's gutted it out, especially the Baylor game his arm was literally dragging at one point.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Just bump this one.

I totally agree with the underdog role.. Although it's not often but when we are we usually come out with a chip on our shoulder and something to prove. Clemson would be the only team that has me on edge. Bama, although Coker has been solid down the stretch, isn't mobile... Iowa is run first, and MSU has no consistent run game.
    Last edited by Okie35; 12/1/2015 at 10:32 PM.