SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Baker vs j football

NOT even close...

Baker is just as athletic and a stud...AND he is actually a decent guy. j fball is such a tool...

lol, nfl guys are SLAMMING j fball....wow, really blasting him
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Re: Baker vs j football

Baker is probably a better passer. JFF had that insane WR he could just throw it up to.

Baker is not the runner JFF was. i don't see him having a 200+ game on the ground. he's shifty and can make something out of nothing, but he's not VY or JFF

he means everything to our offense though. he keeps everyone honest so that Mixon and Perine can run. everyone is just better with him out there.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

As good as he is, Manziel did not play on Monday night . . . their #1 pick last year did not play and it is not because he was on IR.

And even though the pro game has evolved somewhat, it is still the purview of dropback passers vs. your Cunningham/McNabb types.

Where is Tebow these days? What team does he play for again?

Mayfield doesn't need 200 yard rushing games, he has the right combination of scrambling ability and hits enough passes to win, on the college level at least.

I don't think BM has the size to be some team's starter at the next level, we probably won't see a comparison there.

Character-wise, it's no contest.

With the CFP looming for OU, Mayfield has an opportunity to surpass Manziel's achievements at the collegiate level as well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I always wondered how jfball was so shifty...prob trying to keep from gettin his a$$ beat as a mouthy kid.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    As good as he is, Manziel did not play on Monday night . . . their #1 pick last year did not play and it is not because he was on IR.

And even though the pro game has evolved somewhat, it is still the purview of dropback passers vs. your Cunningham/McNabb types.

Where is Tebow these days? What team does he play for again?

Mayfield doesn't need 200 yard rushing games, he has the right combination of scrambling ability and hits enough passes to win, on the college level at least.

I don't think BM has the size to be some team's starter at the next level, we probably won't see a comparison there.

Character-wise, it's no contest.

With the CFP looming for OU, Mayfield has an opportunity to surpass Manziel's achievements at the collegiate level as well.
    If we are talking about the NFL, yeah, I think someone that can escape when needed and improvise is going to be way better

It's easier to outrun guys in college, those NFL defenders are eventually going to catch you

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I always wondered how jfball was so shifty...prob trying to keep from gettin his a$$ beat as a mouthy kid.
    That sounds about right.

vCash

Fran Tarkenton
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I only played against a couple of people who were elusive. It was like they took over your body and told it to do things. They'd be 10 yards downfield and do a pump fake and everyone within 10 yards would jump. I didn't have to face De'Mond (who had it), but I did have to face Tink Collins (a pump faker) and Aaron Goins (who would act like someone else had the ball) and everyone would ignore him.

vCash

Yeah, I just don't know what is is, but if he has any space, he just clowns guys in the backfield after him

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    I only played against a couple of people who were elusive. It was like they took over your body and told it to do things.
    The Kilgrave of football. #jessicajones

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

If Booger Daniel can make a roster, so can Baker.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

this is bull****