Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Am I the only one that wants the 4 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by JLEW1818 View Post
    And I don't give a **** that you don't have the money to go Miami.
    Well, if you're too dense to recognize the advantage it is for Clemson to play close to home in front if a majority of their fans then you are, well, dense.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Eielson has always been the biggest **** ****** on this board.

And no we wouldn't be favored against Bama you stupid ****
    I guarantee you Bama fans are ecstatic thet they got MSU instead of OU.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklaPony's Avatar
    vCash

So why the **** does Vegas have OU opening as a 2.5 fav in Miami? Why?
    Because that's how many points the bookies predict they will have to give away in order to get an even amount of money wagered on each side of the bet.
    Pride '80 - '81

Whenever Jay Carney speaks, a logic-angel gets its wings ripped off.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklaPony View Post
    Because that's how many points the bookies predict they will have to give away in order to get an even amount of money wagered on each side of the bet.
    Right but that is because it is based on an underlying reality.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I guarantee you Bama fans are ecstatic thet they got MSU instead of OU.
    They are.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I don't really care who would have been favored. I'm talking about resume and MSU beat tOSU in the toughest of conditions - on the road and with their starting QB sitting on the bench. Yes they barely beat a few teams, but we barely, barely barely beat the Vols and TCU. If we had our starting QB sitting on the bench the whole game against TCU, we'd be discussing whether Stanford or tOSU should have gotten the last slot as we waited for our non-playoff bowl assignment.

I can't argue with any of the 4 teams or the order. Sure, I'd love for it to be rigged in our favor for both match-ups and venue, but I can't argue a rational reason why. I really like the tournament this year. I don't see any big heavies that can just over-power the other teams. Bama might be the closest with their front 7 on D, but they have their flaws too. This looks to be a more cerebral playoff instead of who has the most "beasts". The coaching staffs and their preparation work will make the difference.

vCash

Here's another sobering thought about the crap for logic thinking the committee spewed out: if there had been a 1-loss PAC 12 champion OU would have been on the outside looking in. So here is the sobering reality. For the Big 12 champion to get in the playoff they have to be either undefeated or one of the other P-5 conferencechampions has to have multiple losses.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't really care who would have been favored. I'm talking about resume and MSU beat tOSU in the toughest of conditions - on the road and with their starting QB sitting on the bench. Yes they barely beat a few teams, but we barely, barely barely beat the Vols and TCU. If we had our starting QB sitting on the bench the whole game against TCU, we'd be discussing whether Stanford or tOSU should have gotten the last slot as we waited for our non-playoff bowl assignment.
    We barely beat TCU and Tennessee, true. As I said, we had two close wins, and that's not uncommon. After all, Alabama barely beat that same Tennessee team, and they were at home. The difference is that MSU did that almost weekly. It's one thing to win a couple close games against top 25 teams, but beating teams like 2-10 Purdue by 3 an 4-8 Rutgers by 7 is different. MSU has about two convincing wins all year, while OU has about eight.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Rabble Rabble Rabble

The Sooners are going to Miami...and so am I!!! I don't get to see my boys play that often, so I am beyond stoked they are coming this way! I probably would have flown to Dallas, but Miami is much cheaper for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

The Sooners are going to Miami...and so am I!!! I don't get to see my boys play that often, so I am beyond stoked they are coming this way! I probably would have flown to Dallas, but Miami is much cheaper for me.
    Well, you'll have to cheer loud to make up for the 5 or 6 fans that won't be there but would have been in Dallas in your place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Well, you'll have to cheer loud to make up for the 5 or 6 fans that won't be there but would have been in Dallas in your place.
    Oh, we will be loud...I am rolling 6 deep as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

DOOMED!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-no-1-clemson/

By falling to No. 4, Oklahoma gets a huge break by facing No. 1 Clemson

The final results are in: No.1 Clemson will play No. 4 Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl while No. 2 Alabama and No. 3 Michigan State will face off in the Cotton Bowl. And if you are a fan of the Sooners, you should be relieved Oklahoma fell. Why? Because now the Sooners get get to face the weakest team in the field.

Clemson had a sparkling resume, going 13-0 with a convincing win over North Carolina in the ACC championship game. It is a record that, according to ESPN’s FPI, would only be achieved by an average top-25 team 2.1 percent of the time.

However, the Tigers aren’t as impressive as they look. According to the Simple Rating System, which adjusts margin of victory for strength of schedule, Clemson was the fourth best team in the country, 18.45 points per game better than average. Oklahoma, by comparison, was third with an SRS of 20.52. In other words, we would expect Oklahoma to beat Clemson by two points on a neutral field.

ESPN’s FPI, which represents how many points above or below average a team is, has Clemson No. 6 (21.3 FPI) and Oklahoma No. 1 (27.9). That means Oklahoma would again be favored by at least two points over any other team on a neutral field, Clemson included.

No.1 Clemson will play No. 4 Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl

The final results are in: No.1 Clemson will play No. 4 Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl while No. 2 Alabama and No. 3 Michigan State will face off in the Cotton Bowl. And if you are a fan of the Sooners, you should be relieved Oklahoma fell. Why? Because now the Sooners get get to face the weakest team in the field.

Clemson had a sparkling resume, going 13-0 with a convincing win over North Carolina in the ACC championship game. It is a record that, according to ESPN’s FPI, would only be achieved by an average top-25 team 2.1 percent of the time.

However, the Tigers aren’t as impressive as they look. According to the Simple Rating System, which adjusts margin of victory for strength of schedule, Clemson was the fourth best team in the country, 18.45 points per game better than average. Oklahoma, by comparison, was third with an SRS of 20.52. In other words, we would expect Oklahoma to beat Clemson by two points on a neutral field.

ESPN’s FPI, which represents how many points above or below average a team is, has Clemson No. 6 (21.3 FPI) and Oklahoma No. 1 (27.9). That means Oklahoma would again be favored by at least two points over any other team on a neutral field, Clemson included.

And those same FPI numbers put Clemson’s chances at winning a national championship at 17 percent, at least half of Oklahoma (39 percent) and Alabama (33 percent).

The oddsmakers in Vegas also agree, installing Oklahoma as a 3-point favorite.

Why the apparent disrespect for Clemson? A defense that looks better than it is.

Clemson held UNC’s star running back Elijah Hood to 65 yards and limited quarterback Marquise Williams to a 33 percent completion rate, but this unit was still only 7.0 points per game above average, the lowest among the four playoff teams.

Here’s why this hurts the Tigers.

According to The Fremeau Efficiency Index, Field Value Efficiency — the scoring value generated by a team’s starting field position, non-offensive turnovers and scores per possession — Clemson ranks 108th out of 128 teams while Oklahoma ranks 19th. The Sooners also have a better net starting field position (plus-3.2 vs. minus-3.8) and a lower percentage of short-field drives allowed (9.7 percent vs. 12.3 percent).

The Clemson offense, as efficient and proficient as it was, ranks 15th in opponent-adjusted drive efficiency while Oklahoma ranks 12th. So with two offenses almost identical in terms of adjusted output, Oklahoma gets the nod due to their superior defense.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Lets hope Mike and Bob take this rematch with Brent personally.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Lets hope Mike and Bob take this rematch with Brent personally.
    I think that's a given. Bob carries a grudge until he buries you with it.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
    I think the committee has set up their rankings to boost the Big 10 champ up to #3. I'd be surprised if we are still #3 on Sunday, if both Clemson and Bama win. I just want to see articles written that are giving us no chance to win. The players have performed great when the media/other teams have written them off. They seem to play with more passion and urgency when they have a chip on their shoulder. Now it feels like the week before the whorns game. Everyone's writing about how great they are and that they will be this year's Ohio State.
    Seems to happen just about every bowl game. Remember the Bama game where we were given no chance whatsoever to win? Dabo even mentioned that nobody outside of Clemson was giving them a chance. Until Bob figures out a way to keep a team motivated when there's a 4-5 week layoff, I'll expect similar results when we are playing a great team.
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

JLEW was wrong. Who woulda thought??

vCash

Was he?

Would you rather have been blanked by Bama?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Was he?

Would you rather have been blanked by Bama?
    ^This. The Bama D would have pushed our O-line around more than Clemson did. Maybe we hold them to a few less points. I guess we could have had more fans present to go home thoroughly disappointed and wishing they had stayed home.

vCash

Regardless of who ends up winning this game, yermom and Boulder were both wrong, too.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Regardless of who ends up winning this game, yermom and Boulder were both wrong, too.
    What, that Bama would have killed us too? Nothing about either of Bama's game will change my opinion about that. The only team we could have beat was MSU and it wouldn't have been easy.