Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Could there be another shake up among the CFP teams?

Ahead of the actual picks by the committee, the pundits have, in order:

1. Clemson
    2. Alabama
    3. Iowa
    4. Oklahoma
    5. MSU
    6. tOSU

Looking ahead:

1. North Carolina vs. Clemson - a Clemson loss here is a possibility and if so, opens up all kinds of playoff scenarios from who is in to the order of the chosen
    2. Florida vs. Alabama - nothing to see here
    3. MSU vs. Iowa - this one's a true toss-up. An Iowa loss would result in MSU moving up, only question being how far
    4. Oklahoma - position should be secure, just a matter of which one
    5. MSU - see 3.
    6. tOSU - Hmmm, no game looked good beating Michigan, could move into the CFP with a Clemson loss

North Carolina - no doubt wondering why they aren't getting any consideration should they knock off #1, a longshot but should get a spot if they can do it

Left out of the discussion, Stanford. I am unable to calculate if we start including 2-loss teams.

Did i miss anyone?
    Last edited by Jacie; 11/29/2015 at 02:31 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Could there be another shake up among the CFP teams?

A ton of the talking heads I've heard so far have said that they wouldn't be shocked if a 2 loss Stanford got in over UNC due in large part to A) UNC losing to a 3-9 team, & B ) UNC's schedule (they played 2 FCS teams).
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

vCash

Yeah, I just noticed their schedule. It's tough to discount beating Clemson, but two FCS teams is pretty shameful.

I just noticed our OOC teams are all bowl eligible. Kinda nuts. Tennessee ended up 8-4. Tulsa was 6-6 and Akron was 7-5

Only losing records were in conference, Kansas, ISU, KSU and Texas

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Hmmm. I don't see why Iowa would jump ahead of OU. If anything, there could be an argument for OU moving up to #2 over Bama as we had a dominant win over previous top 10 team and Bama struggled for a while over a 6-5 Auburn. I doubt it happens because Bama did dominant in the stats columns and OSU was without their primary, passing QB.

Most likely final:
    Clemson
    Bama
    OU
    MSU/Iowa winner (I put MSU first as the favorite)

I could see Iowa jumping us and dropping us to #4 if they win since they will be undefeated. I don't see that happening if MSU wins.

If Clemson is upset, things get more interesting. I would see Stanford being next up with 2 losses, but they have to beat USC next week. And I don't like those rematch situation for the team the won the first time around. If both Clemson and Stanford lose, I think tOSU sneaks in again at #4 just like last year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

we will be at 4 behind the big 10 winner. I really hope Florida or UNC wins. That'll be hilarious.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

I also have a feeling they will put us at #4 just to keep us out of Dallas unless something else crazy happens

The luster wanes a bit with our off week as well.

#4 beating #5 or vice versa states a pretty good case.

I'm thinking if Iowa wins and UNC wins, I could see giving it to tOSU over UNC and Stanford, but I think MSU winning would shut out the Buckeyes since they already beat them.

vCash

Of course Clemson would only have one loss just like Ohio State at that point as a not conference champ

That makes me feel like Stanford if they win might be next up since their schedule looks better than UNC's even if they have an extra loss

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I think I'd rather play Clemson than 'Bama. . .although we probably have to beat them both.

Just two more games. . .just win two more games.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    Ahead of the actual picks by the committee, the pundits have, in order:

1. Clemson
    2. Alabama
    3. Iowa
    4. Oklahoma
    5. MSU
    6. tOSU
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why would Iowa jump OU after scraping by a hapless Nebbish, when we pounded a top 15 team?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but why would Iowa jump OU after scraping by a hapless Nebbish, when we pounded a top 15 team?
    I'm missing that one too - at least for this week. We are conference champs and Iowa or MSU won't be for another week. The committee put us at #3 *before* we won the conference which surprised me, so if anything, they seem to like what they see in OU. Not sure why pounding the Pokes would change that.

vCash

Maybe not this week, but what about next week while they forget about us again because we aren't on TV?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Maybe not this week, but what about next week while they forget about us again because we aren't on TV?
    Guess we'll see. The committee has been pretty consistent in valuing quality wins and conference titles over the quality of losses. Iowa will have an elite win if the beat MSU, but that's the only one. MSU has a much better resume than Iowa, but a bad (and recent!) loss to Nebraska. We have our final 3 in a row against 10 win teams and I don't think they'll forget about us - they are not the average biased, dufus fans from off the street.

vCash

That is indeed a risk. This committee has much in common with an unruly child, including ADHD. Without entertaining them on the final Saturday, I'm sure we'll drift somewhat, at least, in their minds.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    That is indeed a risk. This committee has much in common with an unruly child, including ADHD. Without entertaining them on the final Saturday, I'm sure we'll drift somewhat, at least, in their minds.
    I don't know what you base that on as the committee has only 1 year of history. I had no issue with their final 4 last year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

maybe so, but we still have beat 3 top 15 teams.

8 MAYBE 9 (if ksu can beat wv next week) will have 6 or more wins and be bowling.

There are only 5, I think, schools that had 3 D1 non-conf games in which they won and all 3 opp are headed to a bowl game. Obviously OU is one. Think tosu, nd, mich st maybe...couple more
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Yeah, I just noticed their schedule. It's tough to discount beating Clemson, but two FCS teams is pretty shameful.

I just noticed our OOC teams are all bowl eligible. Kinda nuts. Tennessee ended up 8-4. Tulsa was 6-6 and Akron was 7-5

Only losing records were in conference, Kansas, ISU, KSU and Texas
    ksu actually has a chance to get to 6 wins. Need to beat wv in manhattan next week. Old man snyder's last game. They'll be pumped.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Even if they actually have the talent to beat Clemson, there's no way North Carolina is getting a single call in their favor next weekend.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

You know NC scored 35 points in the first quarter against NC St.? That level of effort is on par with what OU did to okie st. I don't care what team they were playing that is impressive.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    ksu actually has a chance to get to 6 wins. Need to beat wv in manhattan next week. Old man snyder's last game. They'll be pumped.
    I guess I missed both of those things.

The old wizard is hanging it up?

vCash

I guess I missed both of those things.

The old wizard is hanging it up?
    the game for sure...

I could have sworn during the ksu/ku game sat they mentioned several times that he was done at the end of this year...maybe they were guessing. Haven't seen anything official..

guess not. oops.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...football-coach
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 11/29/2015 at 10:40 PM.