Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Could there be another shake up among the CFP teams?

I think we match up well against either of them because they haven't faced an effective spread offense like we can throw at them. My bigger question would be whether our defense can contain a physical, road-grating offense.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    I think we match up well against either of them because they haven't faced an effective spread offense like we can throw at them. My bigger question would be whether our defense can contain a physical, road-grating offense.
    Yes, but no offense works if your O-line can't block their D-line. Our O-line has definitely improved since the first half of the year, but we haven't run into another D-line like the Vols again either.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Several media types have mentioned that the committee could put OU at #1 this week since we have the only P5 team with a conference title. They have a policy to rank what is present and not look ahead. Then we would most likely drop us back down to another spot (most likely 3) after the other conference champs are crowned. I think that would be hilarious for all the butthurt it would cause this week from Clemson and Bama fans followed by all the butthurt from OU fans the following week. If you haven't noticed, I do enjoy schadenfreude even if it's from OUr fans.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Yes, but no offense works if your O-line can't block their D-line. Our O-line has definitely improved since the first half of the year, but we haven't run into another D-line like the Vols again either.
    It'd have to put all emphasis on quick hitting short game. I still think the offensive gameplan against KSU is what our personnel is tailor-made for. If Baker has the ball out of his hands in < 2s, that's when we're in the zone.