Sooner Starter
    vCash

A couple of observations from last night

1. I guess we now know why OSU couldn't sell out with three top 15 teams coming to BP. Their fans knew that they were living on borrowed time. Perplexing how they beat TCU.

2. Was Sanchez the only one that didn't get the memo that this wasn't Ice Bowl II?
    I set my DVR to record "The Biggest Loser" and now it records the Longhorn Network all day.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: A couple of observations from last night

Quote Originally Posted by winout View Post
    1. I guess we now know why OSU couldn't sell out with three top 15 teams coming to BP. Their fans knew that they were living on borrowed time. Perplexing how they beat TCU.

2. Was Sanchez the only one that didn't get the memo that this wasn't Ice Bowl II?
    In fairness, 2 of Sanchez' busts were blatant offensive PI. However, wow, he really needs to work on physicality. He went down faster than Kejuan Jones when the receiver put a hand on him.

And speaking of inexplicable blown calls, did someone tell the refs that head-to-head blows were once again allowed? There were at least 3 lowered-helmet, head-to-head hits from losur, and no flags.

The officials seemed to be letting the players play.. Missed calls on both sides.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okierider View Post
    The officials seemed to be letting the players play...
    Is that we call it now?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    Is that we call it now?
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I wondered if the officials had stapled their flags to their rear-ends, before kickoff.

A very poorly officiated game, and we're lucky OU came away mostly unscathed. The LosuRS, were pulling out all the stops to give them some kind of edge.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    In fairness, 2 of Sanchez' busts were blatant offensive PI. However, wow, he really needs to work on physicality. He went down faster than Kejuan Jones when the receiver put a hand on him.

And speaking of inexplicable blown calls, did someone tell the refs that head-to-head blows were once again allowed? There were at least 3 lowered-helmet, head-to-head hits from losur, and no flags.
    I don't think he trusts his ankle 100% yet
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I think Sanchez brought the wrong cleats and never changed them. Sure, he was on the other end of a couple of push-offs, but he went down way too easy and just flat out slid on the last one.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

The first one was a flop. The second one was a partial slip that turned into a flop. The third one was a slip.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    The first one was a flop. The second one was a partial slip that turned into a flop. The third one was a slip.
    If he would have been stronger against those push-offs and not slipped so easily, I think he has a better chance to draw the flag. But we all know he is at a disadvantage with his size in those jump ball situations. I was more disappointed we didn't have a safety over the top more often as this has been OSU's MO all season. Thomas came across on one of those and mis-judged the ball by 3 yards. Ugh.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    If he would have been stronger against those push-offs and not slipped so easily, I think he has a better chance to draw the flag. But we all know he is at a disadvantage with his size in those jump ball situations. I was more disappointed we didn't have a safety over the top more often as this has been OSU's MO all season. Thomas came across on one of those and mis-judged the ball by 3 yards. Ugh.
    walsh was throwing them short and as soon as zack jumped their receivers would push him in the back
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Everything about Thomas screams liability - too slow to cover in the corner, can't tackle, bad angles - except that bad habit of making absolutely huge plays in big games. I just kind of ignore the rest of it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    walsh was throwing them short and as soon as zack jumped their receivers would push him in the back
    Agreed, but the pushed looked subtle at full speed and the kind receivers often get away with. Again at full speed, it looked like Sanchez just slipped or mis-timed the play. If he's stronger against the push, it's more obvious space is created by the receiver. I still think he didn't have aggressive enough cleats to give him a better base. All IMO, of course.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Agreed, but the pushed looked subtle at full speed and the kind receivers often get away with. Again at full speed, it looked like Sanchez just slipped or mis-timed the play. If he's stronger against the push, it's more obvious space is created by the receiver. I still think he didn't have aggressive enough cleats to give him a better base. All IMO, of course.
    yup
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    Did he play soccer?

vCash

He certainly seemed like he was on his butt a lot.

vCash

I'm still not sure how that "forward progress" call worked. Not that I'm complaining...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    I'm still not sure how that "forward progress" call worked. Not that I'm complaining...
    There's a whole thread devoted to it over at Orange Power . . .

vCash

yeah, i was thinking that as i was typing it. i don't know the last time i was over there

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    There's a whole thread devoted to it over at Orange Power . . .
    Going to Orange Power is never the prescription for developing understanding.