Thread: Opinion

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Opinion

Are we headed to Dallas or Miami? I'm booking tonight!
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock!!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Opinion

I think at this point they'll put us in Dallas, regardless of what seed we get.

vCash

It really depends on how much the Committee loves the Big 10 champ, and given how much the committee has liked the big 10 this year, I think it's safe to guess a lot. Don't forget TCU dropped all the way out of the playoff from #3 despite dominating in their last game last year. I don't see us dropping out of the top 4, but I could see them putting us at 4 after next weekend. They'd obviously be dead wrong, but bias on the committee is very old news by now.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    I think at this point they'll put us in Dallas, regardless of what seed we get.
    How is it determined where the 4 teams play?
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TheUnnamedSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain12 View Post
    How is it determined where the 4 teams play?
    #1 seed gets to pick (this year being Miami and Arlington). Clemson would pick Miami if they are #1 so it would be good if OU is 2 or 3.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnnamedSooner View Post
    #1 seed gets to pick (this year being Miami and Arlington). Clemson would pick Miami if they are #1 so it would be good if OU is 2 or 3.
    well technically they don't "pick." The committee picks what's best for the number 1 seed. But yeah Clemson would definitely be assigned to Miami. Now they were already discussing moving Clemson to the 2 seed, and put Bama at 1. After Clemson dogfight against S Carolina, that might happen

vCash

It's a big if of course, but if both 'bama and Clemson lose next week, we probably would be seeded #1.

Could anyone in the world imagined that six weeks ago?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigTip View Post
    It's a big if of course, but if both 'bama and Clemson lose next week, we probably would be seeded #1.

Could anyone in the world imagined that six weeks ago?
    Honesly...no.....but had high hopes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I don't see how Bama ends up #1 seed unless Clemson loses. Clemson will play a team on an 11 game winning streak that has been hammering many of their opponents. Bama gets a team that has squeaked by weak teams and just got pounded by FSU. Of course, Clemson has a much higher chance of losing because of the competition.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TheUnnamedSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    well technically they don't "pick." The committee picks what's best for the number 1 seed. But yeah Clemson would definitely be assigned to Miami. Now they were already discussing moving Clemson to the 2 seed, and put Bama at 1. After Clemson dogfight against S Carolina, that might happen
    Are you sure? I could have sworn there was a thing last year about how Alabama got to choose between the Sugar and the Rose

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnnamedSooner View Post
    Are you sure? I could have sworn there was a thing last year about how Alabama got to choose between the Sugar and the Rose
    This is from the official website.

Pairings for Semifinals.
    The team ranked No. 1 by the selection committee will play team No. 4 in the semifinals. Team No. 2 will meet team No. 3.
    When assigning teams to sites, the committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed.
    There is no mention about the #1 team picking the site.

The last sentence is key. If Clemson is #1 and Bama is #2, they are not going to be able to satisfy Bama as they would much rather play OU in Miami than Dallas.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

I think it's in Miami as #4 unless weird things happen and OU somehow jumps to 1 or 2. The committee will move the B1G champ to #3 to protect their #2 - see rules above. Making a higher seed play OU in Jerry World would definitely be a disadvantage.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfan88 View Post
    I think it's in Miami as #4 unless weird things happen and OU somehow jumps to 1 or 2. The committee will move the B1G champ to #3 to protect their #2 - see rules above. Making a higher seed play OU in Jerry World would definitely be a disadvantage.
    I agree with this. If all of the other current top 4 playoff teams win out, I can see the committee moving us to #4 just to remove the home field advantage that we'd have in Dallas.

I'd also be fine with them knocking our guys down to #4, as hopefully they would feel slighted. My biggest fear was that too many people would say how great they are. Now I'm reading a few articles suggesting we may have the most overrated team in the playoffs, which I hope the team has also read. One article says we lucked out by playing our 3 hardest opponents without their starting QBs. What they failed to mention is that their starting QBs never played on D when they were starting. I take that back, the starting QB for Okie Lite played one series against us and promptly threw a pick 6 and got plastered near the goal line trying to stop the score. That counts as playing D, right?
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfan88 View Post
    It's OK with me if we play Clemson first, in Miami. Bad for travel, but not at all an unknown place for Sooners. And the revenge factor works in our favor against Clemson; the opposite vs Bama.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!