Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Mayfield...yes / no..? no clue?

Quote Originally Posted by #8soon View Post

I didn't misread I was just looking for an opportunity to get TDTW stirred up. If he truly is a fan of the program he wouldn't talk so negatively about the coaches and players.
    You need not look very hard - TDTW is stirred up the minute he rolls out of bed in the morning.

Not a true fan? That point is hard to prove if he really has bought season tickets for 21 years in row. Money meet mouth. He does come across as hard to please, but that's his problem of how to enjoy all those season ticket purchases while the coaches do everything wrong

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by #8soon View Post
    Wrong again TDTW!!!

#1 Baker is starting. His brain could be oozing out his ears and he will still start

#2 Cody would start if Baker can't go. If you think TK listed as #2 has been anything more than a reward for the SB win then you don't know squat about this program. My sources have all told me Cody beat Baker out in fall camp but are scratching their heads as to why Baker was named the starter.
    Riley already said TK was absolutely the guy if Bake can't shake.

I think Mayfield's performance this year should allow them to stop scratching their heads finally. Pretty obvious who the best (by *far*) QB on campus is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Are you on meth?
    Did his mentioning that Baker's brain could be oozing and yet he will still play have anything to do with your assessment?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Told you all, he was fine.

Headache.

College football is so paranoid about injuries these days. Especially the head/neck variety. Soon as they showed that replay, I knew they wouldn't leave him alone. Then you have the sideline reporter trying to drum up drama... "Baker's been on the sideline the whole time, shaking his head, holding his ears..." Yet the entire time, she's saying this... they have a camera on him. He's sitting on the bench. Just sitting there. Then he adjusts his head band, and leans back... sitting there.

Not shaking his head, acting like he wasn't all there, etc. They did it several times, with the same nitwit sideline reporter, talking about injuries. According to her, they supposedly benched Mixon to, after having him "stand up on a bench" (which they showed on camera and he looked fine doing it)... and then we see him the next series of downs.

Perine's ankle is what worries me. They have been very hush hush and you could tell that TD run hurt. The trainer noted it to, when he was off to the sidelines and she mimicked his one legged dance into the EZ. Any of us that have sprained an ankle know... its the day AFTER, you find out how bad it really is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    Told you all, he was fine.
    I'll say that the fact that your guess is correct is coincidental. But to be fair, if you were wrong it would be coincidental too.

I for one, never said BM had a concussion. I just said he must have exhibited at least one of the on-field symptoms, or he would not have been forced to sit. (Precautionary means *mandatory* precautionary - not up to Stoops). I also said that whether he had a concussion according to the protocol was unknown - which it was when I posted it. I wasn't guessing or hoping - just waiting for the real data which is coming out now.

Yes, college football is paranoid about injuries and for good reason. You would like the think it is because they care about the future well being of the players. But they also know there is danger looking ahead that lawsuits could actually outlaw the game which is now multi-billion dollar industry. Just wait until that Will Smith "Concussion" movie gets released and see the public response.

vCash