Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

Why no threads on "the hit."

Seriously my fellow fans. Why no hate for the frogger that put Mayfield out? That was a deliberate hit to take him out of the game. Dude should be banned from football for life with congressional hearing in the works!
    Last edited by winout; 11/22/2015 at 09:50 AM.
    I set my DVR to record "The Biggest Loser" and now it records the Longhorn Network all day.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Why no threads on "the hit."

Now I am not accusing anyone of anything.

I can, however, imagine that in a big game, watching an opposing QB carve up your defense and knowing if he were to go down, your team would have a chance of winning, maybe, just maybe some coach somewhere, sometime might call on a defensive player to execute such a play.

Not that Patterson did that last night, just that it might happen.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Maybe because the video is self explanatory? A defender will always try to punish a QB given a chance and BM was giving them lots of chances with his scrambling. I'm sure the guy didn't try to go helmet to helmet and get ejected, but he lowered his head and used it as a weapon on purpose. If he had hit BM in the back and broken a rib but allowed to stay in the game, he would have been delighted with himself. I don't buy the conspiracy theory this was ordered by Patterson - as I said, defenders have been taught to smack the QB since HS.

vCash

The penalty ought to be harsher than an ejection. If you take out the opposing player's QB, you ought to lose your QB to equalize the playing field and maybe your quarterback cannot return until the opposing team's QB returns to the playing field -- no matter how many games...Just a thought...
    Scots, Wha Hae.
    Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled,
    Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,
    Welcome to your gory bed
    Or to victorie!
    --- Robert Burns

vCash

That was just as dirty a hit as oakman on TK last year.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    Yes, but if I recall, Oakman wasn't ejected or penalized.

I think there's less outrage because he was caught and tossed right away. And after Knight's performance, I have to think such a "play" is going to be a considered option next week if Mayfield plays.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    Oakman's hit was clean, not dirty, and was ruled correctly by the refs. I haven't seen this play by TCU (I'd appreciate some video if anyone has it), so I couldn't say whether the hit was clean or not.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Yes, but if I recall, Oakman wasn't ejected or penalized.

I think there's less outrage because he was caught and tossed right away. And after Knight's performance, I have to think such a "play" is going to be a considered option next week if Mayfield plays.
    Oakman wasn't ejected or penalized because Oakman didn't do anything wrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Oakman's hit was clean, not dirty, and was ruled correctly by the refs. I haven't seen this play by TCU (I'd appreciate some video if anyone has it), so I couldn't say whether the hit was clean or not.
    By all means, we're waiting with bated breath for the authoritative word on whether it was clean or not.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/14...owing-huge-hit

It was as dirty a hit as you'll ever see. He looked like a lawn dart leading with his helmet.

vCash

Stating something false with conviction is still false.

vCash

I hate to keep rehashing this for the 1000000th time, but fast forward to 9:01 for the slow motion replay of Oakman.

Oakman is only a few feet away from Knight when he's still up. Oakman is a huge guy and pure momentum is what kept him going. Now, he's leading with his arm with his elbow and forearm landing on TK's chest. It isn't until TK is on the ground that Oakman's hand even touches TK's facemask.

There is no way Oakman's hit caused TK's concussion. The tackle itself, which Oakman wasn't even the lead tackler, caused the concussion -- not anything that Oakman did.

Oakman should have been ejected from the game for that hit against the Tech player though.

vCash

I hate to keep rehashing this for the 1000000th time, but fast forward to 9:01 for the slow motion replay of Oakman.

Oakman is only a few feet away from Knight when he's still up. Oakman is a huge guy and pure momentum is what kept him going. Now, he's leading with his arm with his elbow and forearm landing on TK's chest. It isn't until TK is on the ground that Oakman's hand even touches TK's facemask.

There is no way Oakman's hit caused TK's concussion. The tackle itself, which Oakman wasn't even the lead tackler, caused the concussion -- not anything that Oakman did.

Oakman should have been ejected from the game for that hit against the Tech player though.
    It must be difficult to be the defense attorney for a guilty client. I can see why you'd be tired.

vCash

Keep telling yourself that weasle.Go to the 9 minute mark TK is down oakman late hitds him and leads with an elbow to his head
    Go suck a donkey weener
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/14...owing-huge-hit

It was as dirty a hit as you'll ever see. He looked like a lawn dart leading with his helmet.
    Okay, yeah, there was 0% ambiguity about that. That was textbook targeting.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Keep telling yourself that weasle.Go to the 9 minute mark TK is down oakman late hitds him and leads with an elbow to his head
    Go suck a donkey weener
    His elbow hits TK squarely in the chest you braindead dip****.

vCash

His elbow hits TK squarely in the chest you braindead dip****.
    Regardless why was he leading with his elbow in the 1st place.
    Keep defending that POS ya Moran.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Oakman's shot on Knight was as dirty as anything Suh ever dreamed of. The only people on earth not in agreement are purblind Baylor homers.
    Drop it Sicem.
    It's like denying that the nazi's existed.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Regardless why was he leading with his elbow in the 1st place.
    Keep defending that POS ya Moran.
    Leading with the elbow isn't against the rules as long as it isn't targeting the player's head. Oakman never hit TK in the head with his elbow. His hand did hit TK in the facemask, but TK was already on the ground at that point. As I said, Oakman was an assist on the tackle not the primary tackler. The injury was sustained from the initial tackle not Oakman hitting TK in the chest with his elbow.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Oakman's shot on Knight was as dirty as anything Suh ever dreamed of. The only people on earth not in agreement are purblind Baylor homers.
    Drop it Sicem.
    It's like denying that the nazi's existed.
    In what way, specifically, was it dirty? Did he make helmet-helmet contact? No? Then it wasn't targeting. Was Oakman even the initial tackler? No. Did Oakman's elbow or forearm hit TK in the head? No. The only thing Oakman did was hit TK in the chest with his elbow and forearm a split second after TK was already heading toward the ground from the initial tackle.

Not every injury-sustaining play is the result of a dirty tackle.

If I was just a Baylor homer then I would never have argued Oakman should have been ejected for the hit on the Tech player which was blatant and indefensible.