Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Muslim database?

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    No purpose to the comment, just a general observation. I actually agree with your stance on this and acknowledge the consistency of your argument. While I profess to be a liberal, I have recently moved to Georgia and my wife says I am turning into a conservative. I bought a pickup truck and a gun, I want to fit in of course. She still drives a Prius...
    Sounds like you'll get there. I'm a conservative with a huge libertarian streak.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    All it takes is someone to put someone's name on a list to get in Gitmo, or to talk to or know the wrong person. There are plenty of stories about innocents there.

Denying due process doesn't work in the US, why is it OK there?
    Can you link us to some of those stories of the Innocents imprisoned at Gitmo?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I don't know about any of them being innocent, but if you do the google work you will be appalled at some of the stuff we have done. I read that a NY Times report in 2004 said only 24 of the over 700 prisoners were connected to AlQuaida. That right there should scare your pants off...
    "If you don't agree with gay marriage, blame the straight people. They are the ones that keep having gay babies."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Also, it's real hard to get off the no fly list. That can have citizens on it as far as I know. I wouldn't really trust that gun owners couldn't accidentally end up on that list
    You got that right and I have personal experience with well intentioned lists. Before the '04 election, there was a writer publishing articles critical of the Bush administration, claiming Bush used the Iraq war to boost his campaign. I happen to have the same first and last name of that writer and I found myself on the no fly list. Quite the shock the first time I discovered it as I tried to get a boarding pass. The ink on the Patriot act was barely dry and it was already being abused. It was intended to keep terrorist from getting on planes, and it was almost instantly used to harass political foes. It took me years to get off that list and I was flying pretty frequently at the time. It took me an extra 20-30 minutes to get cleared for every flight had to do it at ticketing. I later saw an article by the same guy and confirmed he was on the no fly list, but the harassment was worse. I just had to prove I wasn't him - he was grounded. He claimed he was unjustly harassed by the IRS too.

vCash

Boulder, sorry to hear about your ordeal. That is exactly the kind of abuse from an out-of-control federal government that frightens me. I am surprised after your experience that you would even consider supporting any political party that advocates for a bigger government with more control over our lives. This would include the GOP establishment and most if the Democratic party.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...nocent/275327/

There was a movie about one guy that was a taxi driver, but I don't remember it. I think HBO made it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Boulder, sorry to hear about your ordeal. That is exactly the kind of abuse from an out-of-control federal government that frightens me. I am surprised after your experience that you would even consider supporting any political party that advocates for a bigger government with more control over our lives. This would include the GOP establishment and most if the Democratic party.
    It was an annoyance, but not a huge impact on my life. It did prove to me that if you hand over control like that, it will be abused, so you better put in some sort of watch-dog protection from the get go. I actually was not against the idea of a system to keep terrorists off planes and I wouldn't have even been that upset if I landed on the list because of mistaken connections to a terrorist (as long as I had a way to clear myself). But it burned my a.ss that I was collateral damage of system abuse with no way to clear myself. I'm not a big fan of either party, they both contribute to building our huge central government. The social platform of GOP just crosses too many lines for me, so I can't go there. If they would go more libertarian in those areas, I give them a look.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Yeah, and he didn't mean to make a crude and RUDE menstruation swipe at Megan Kelly when he said she was "had blood coming out of her...wherever". Maybe you should go to one of those liberal fact check sites to further feed your right wing paranoia that everyone's out to get you. Don't forget to google the boogeyman.
    i listened to the recording, the stupid news reader kept inserting his comment into something Trump was saying.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

I had an assistant DA try to intimidate me because I disagreed with a an out of control CPS workers actions. It turned out the case against the family was totally fabricated and I was vindicated. The assistant DA backed off after my attorney threatened to file a complaint against her with the state Bar.

Boulder, So besides the abortion issue what other social issues bother you a out the GOP? Even as a strong libertarian the Democrats affection for instituting regulations and control over large parts of our lives is a far worse trend. I've seen the effects as a small businessman and a physician. The Gestapo like power of the IRS and other regulatory agencies is frightening. Democrats=larger government and more government control. Democrats used to at least give lip service about civil liberties but they don't any more. They are as bad as the GOP establishment in that regards.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...tabase-n466716

Try to even murmer the words "gun" and "database" in the same sentence and you invoke the "shall not be infringed" crowd. Are we about to be so afraid that we ignore the Constitution's freedom to practice religion? The terrorists are winning.
    Not sure if serious....

N.Y. newspaper's gun-owner database draws criticism

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...icism/1791507/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Not sure if serious....

N.Y. newspaper's gun-owner database draws criticism

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...icism/1791507/
    Some of these Morans dont seem to realize every one of us is on some kinda Gov Data Base list
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Some of these Morans dont seem to realize every one of us is on some kinda Gov Data Base list
    You are right. I guess where we go as a nation depends on whether we the people are willing to let idiot politicians on both sides to use those databases to manipulate and intimidate us.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

SN, may people have no issues for people to practice their religion. But to give a free pass to Muslims at the expense of Christians (which zippy is doing), when we are a Christian country with a Judeo-Christian ethic and basis is WRONG!
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Exactly! We are in so many databases that the issue isn't if you are in one, but rather the governments ability to cross link or data mine those different databases for whatever "public safety" reason they can conjure up.

Don't forget traffic cameras and other video recording devices that track movements 24x7.

The government is setting up all sorts of "command centers" that can monitor live events in cities by tapping into their traffic cameras and other cameras that they have setup.

Love him or hate him, Snowden opened up some folks eyes.