Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: "Never again" ... The story of the Sooners' culture change

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I think the question about who or what is resonsible for OU's turnaround got answered tonite.
    Granted QB play has made a huge difference, but I'll still take Riley over Heupel any day. Even with BM at the helm, Heupel could not do much with this team given the O-line. And we would still be disorganized and unable to get a play called in a decent amount of time. We don't know what would have happened had BM not fallen into our laps, but my guess is that Thomas would be starting by now and looking better than TK did last year. Or maybe that other kid that decided to transfer would have stayed around and played.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

BM makes the players around him better. Last year with BM OU beats TCU and KSU and we are on a roll when we play Baylor at home. Even if Baylor beats us no way do we lose to OSU in Norman so we finish 11-1.

The defense even feeds off Baker because they know they can be aggressive and if they make a mistake Baker and the offense will pick them up. With Knight in Mike Stoops coached tentatively and the players played tentatively. They were passive and just trying not to make a mistake.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 11/22/2015 at 02:19 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I certainly buy that we would have been a much better team last year if BM had been allowed to play. That's assuming Josh didn't stick with Knight out of loyalty. What I don't buy is that this year's team would be nearly as good on offense under Heupel given this year's O-line. I don't hate Josh, I just don't think he was equipped for all the aspects of being an OC. I think Riley is and given his age, I think he'll just get better.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

One thing LR needs to do is to teach Knight how to read the zone read properly and how to plant a foot and cut upfield instead of stringing out his runs to the sideline.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    One thing LR needs to do is to teach Knight how to read the zone read properly and how to plant a foot and cut upfield instead of stringing out his runs to the sideline.
    No kidding. Although, it could be that they have tried to teach him that but either:

(1) He's afraid to take a big hit again due to the past injuries he's had because of them, or
    (2) He still thinks he can outrun the pursuit to the end...in which case, he's just not fit mentally for the position.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987