Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Immigration and Refugee Acceptance is National Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    I forget the Conservative answer to the ACLU's name.
    I think the NRA and the ACLU are very similar. My liberal friends disagree. So do my conservative friends. I figure it's kind of like how both OSU and OU fans think Traber is a jack *** and favors the other side. They're both right that he's a jack *** but he's pretty down the middle, generally.

Curly, you're slipping. I'm "Up" to -4,700,000. You've got some work to do.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    I think the NRA and the ACLU are very similar. My liberal friends disagree. So do my conservative friends. I figure it's kind of like how both OSU and OU fans think Traber is a jack *** and favors the other side. They're both right that he's a jack *** but he's pretty down the middle, generally.

I'll agree with that. My dad is in the NRA. I don't think anything about it. Although, I'd wager there are many more checks on firearms than there are communication among white supremacists, gangs members, terror flirters.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    I'll agree with that. My dad is in the NRA. I don't think anything about it. Although, I'd wager there are many more checks on firearms than there are communication among white supremacists, gangs members, terror flirters.
    The NRA used to be an organization that promoted marksmanship. As recently as the 1970's they supported common sense firearms "movements". They changed to where they view ANY effort to limit access is an affront to the 2nd Amendment. An example is their efforts against changes that would keep those on the terrorist watch list from being able to purchase firearms. I don't think all NRA members feel that way. In fact, polling shows that 75% of NRA members support universal background checks. But, the NRA does not. http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...ck-gun-control

vCash

Dayum SN yer way off. But Im too busy this weekend to set ya straight.
    Step back from yer crack pipe for a few days
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

The NRA used to be an organization that promoted marksmanship. As recently as the 1970's they supported common sense firearms "movements". They changed to where they view ANY effort to limit access is an affront to the 2nd Amendment. An example is their efforts against changes that would keep those on the terrorist watch list from being able to purchase firearms. I don't think all NRA members feel that way. In fact, polling shows that 75% of NRA members support universal background checks. But, the NRA does not. http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...ck-gun-control
    When the poll ask the question that way, I'm sure most will say yes. If you asked the question "should the government be able to start restricting certain people THEY deem unfit, from getting a firearm", I'm sure it's going to be a resounding NO. So, there's the problem. You give the tick turds in washington a rope, the mother****ers think they're a cowboy. Slippery slope and stuff...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

As someone who is on both of their mailing lists, **** them both.

Don't give either of them your address. Ever.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Doesn't it make you progressives a bit nervous to start creating watch lists of individuals who have never been convicted or even charged with a crime? The Nazis were very fond of registering and keeping track of people as were the communists under Stalin and Mao.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    As someone who is on both of their mailing lists, **** them both.

Don't give either of them your address. Ever.
    Any politician as well. If you give a dime, it takes years to get off everyone's list. No body trades/sells lists like politicians.

The best thing about becoming a non-voter has been the end of phone calls from pols and special interest groups. Take maybe two election cycles before you are gone from pretty much every voter list, I discovered. I suggest it to anyone and everyone.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987