Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Still think we can't get into the playoffs if we win out?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Sounds like you're day to day for next week.
    I've actually been day to day, for over 6 years. Every doctor I've ever met, since that night, has said one of two things, "you should be dead," or "I don't understand how you're alive."

My own surgeon broke down and cried, when he saw me, 4 years later. He said, I was the last person he ever expected to see alive again.

Remember John Ritter? Same thing that killed him. Type A/B dissection, 3 aortic aneurysms (the one that shredded the valve above my heart was the only part they could fix - 6cm out of all of it). My aorta, is shredded on the inside from the top of my carotid arteries in my neck, to just short of the femoral artery in my right leg.

So yeah, things are kind of interesting here, at times.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    I didn't mean in this week's rankings, I'm talking about the final rankings. I fully expect them to be ranked above of OU this week though.

Clemson
    Alabama
    Iowa
    Notre Dame
    MSU
    OU
    Baylor
    Ohio St
    Ok State
    Florida
    Which I don't get ppl been only ranking Ohio state high because they are the defending champs but they always said they don't look like they're great but we will rank them there anyway... All of a sudden Michigan state barely beats them within the same 3 weeks they lose to an awful Nebraska team. The big ten is a mediocre conference. Michigan State shouldn't be higher than us(they shouldn't have even been 9) but you're right I can see it happening. We have better wins than Michigan state and Ohio state combined though. 6/7 wins over bowl eligible teams.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash
    As far as our rankings, I think it depends on which OU team the committee is ranking. If it's the one with Knight at the helm, I'll live with whatever they decide. If it's the team with Mayfield running the show, I expect to see us move up to #5, with a win next weekend pushing us to #4. Hell, even if we win next weekend with Knight, I can already hear the committee saying they gave the last spot to ND (if they finish with 1 loss) due to our uncertainty at the QB position for the playoffs.

On a side note, does it not seem like almost every other team has decent backup QBs, or does our D make them look good? I thought our D had turned the corner against being suspect against big plays from backups, but damn, it felt like many games in past years where the D gives up several big plays/mistakes to let teams back in it. I also give them credit for the win. Hell of a play to stop the 2 pt conversion. Speaking of the call to go for 2, it's only a dumb call if it fails, right?

I feel bad for TK. He was on top of the world after the Bama game. There was a recent article written about him that praised him for not transferring after Mayfield won the starting job. After last season, and last night when his play mattered, I can't see any other major school wanting him, with the exception of those that have Bama on their schedule.
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    I've actually been day to day, for over 6 years. Every doctor I've ever met, since that night, has said one of two things, "you should be dead," or "I don't understand how you're alive."

My own surgeon broke down and cried, when he saw me, 4 years later. He said, I was the last person he ever expected to see alive again.

Remember John Ritter? Same thing that killed him. Type A/B dissection, 3 aortic aneurysms (the one that shredded the valve above my heart was the only part they could fix - 6cm out of all of it). My aorta, is shredded on the inside from the top of my carotid arteries in my neck, to just short of the femoral artery in my right leg.

I wish you well, Didnt mean to sound so flip. Good luck and may you see many more NCs for the Sooners.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Yep, this isn't the old rub-some-dirt-on-it days. They take this sh.it seriously. I thought the staff screwed up leaving him in the game right after it happened. I told my wife I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play after halftime.
    Agreed. The prudent thing would have been to pull him right away, get him to the locker room, and evaluate. Then decide after half-time if they think he's OK.

I was not happy about that. I'm also not too happy about Perine. Guy was clearly struggling, good as he is, and I hope it didn't aggravate anything further.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

The AP coaches poll has us at #5.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    The AP coaches poll has us at #5.
    I was just going to say that. We will be fine if we win out.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

"Still think we can't get into the playoffs if we win out"?

No idea and that is the whole problem with this sham of a system. The term 'playoff' conjures up an idea of crowning a champion based on objective criteria which should be based off of quantifiable on-field results. This is still nothing more than a beauty contest based on some nebulous, sliding scale known only to a group of twelve metaphoric wise men sitting around a table who have obvious conflicts of interest.

Sadly enough we could get a clearer, less biased picture of the four best, most deserving teams by surveying Las Vegas odds.

vCash

It absolutely pains the hell out of me to root for an OSU OU-OSU win. My rule is that I *always* want OU to win every game except against us and except when it's in our clear best interest for OU to lose. Unfortunately, that latter caveat is the case here.

With Baylor and OSU splitting the Big XII Championship (assuming we both win out), we would have the head-to-head against OSU just like we had against TCU last season.

....and look how well that turned out for us and the Big XII!

vCash

OU-OSU

What sorcery is this that keeps changing B---E---D---L---A---M to "OU-OSU?"

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    OU-OSU

OU-OSU is a rivalry name. These teams are playing a game of national importance, and for those that do not know what OU-OSU means OU-OSU fixes that. But still, there is some sorcery involved..

vCash

OU-OSU

Department of Homeland Security

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

My wish for myself is that I live long enough to see my family happy and secure with an understanding of what's really important in life. I wish for that same contentment for you.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    My wish for myself is that I live long enough to see my family happy and secure with an understanding of what's really important in life. I wish for that same contentment for you.
    This x1000

I did have 1 stay in the ICU where doctors claimed I was in serious peril of dying (I never believed them). It does make you think of the big picture afterward and I count my blessings that my grown kids are in a good place and my wife is a competent, independent and strong person that could carry on without me. I still plan to stick around for a while if for no other reason than to annoy you bastages.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Mission accomplished.

"I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Mission accomplished.

Thank-you, thank-you very much <\Elvis lip snarl\>

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash
    It absolutely pains the hell out of me to root for an OSU OU-OSU win. My rule is that I *always* want OU to win every game except against us and except when it's in our clear best interest for OU to lose. Unfortunately, that latter caveat is the case here.

With Baylor and OSU splitting the Big XII Championship (assuming we both win out), we would have the head-to-head against OSU just like we had against TCU last season.

....and look how well that turned out for us and the Big XII!
    Starting this season, no more split Championships in the Big XII. This was a direct result of the fiasco from how last season ended. Only 1 of 3 teams can now be declared Big XII Champion, but we are the only one that doesn't need help.

If Conference Championships are so important to the committee, why don't they just skip ND over and force them to join a Conference? If the B12 got jobbed last year because there was no single Champion recognized, ND needs to be judged similarly. Better yet, they're part of the ACC in all sports but football. For playoff rankings, treat the football team like they were in the ACC since I think they have to play 4 ACC schools each year. They lost to Clemson, so they wouldn't even be in the ACC Championship game. Hell, why do they deserve another shot at Clemson over other 1 loss teams that haven't been able to play them? As Bob said many many years ago about Missouri. This ain't golf. You don't get to take a mulligan and try again.
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

OU Re: Still think we can't get into the playoffs if we win out?

Heck, I think the only reason the Good Lord kept me around, was to annoy people. I haven't figured any other reason. Its been a brutal and humbling 6 years. I'm really not kidding, with doctors' reactions. It was almost comedic sometimes. But, there's so many things screwed up in me, I really don't know it all myself. I get yearly scans, they meet with me, tell me something and I go, "Huh? You never told me that..." Then they'll explain it in some medical terminology, how they did... and my eyes glaze over. In one ear, out the other.

I was doing some stretching, late one night. I remember pain so bad, I've blocked out the memory of it. I just remember the surprise. Waking up my estranged, then... waking up in the hospital like 5 days later.

Its not all doom and gloom. It took a while, but it changed my perspective on things that are important and what's not. I still struggle with it of course. But, I think I'm heading down the right path. The military had to cop to taking a lot of the responsibility, so I'm doing OK.

Thanks for the well-wishes, understanding.

Baker still doesn't have a concussion.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Dang, SoCal...wish you the best. I always TRY to really remember what's important...then I get on the political thread and it all goes to hell in a hand basket! lol.

Seriously though, I'm 51 and realize I'm over and heading down. I want to snowplow most of the way and just enjoy it...no race to the bottom.

Prayers and hope for you~
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Heck, I think the only reason the Good Lord kept me around, was to annoy people. I haven't figured any other reason. Its been a brutal and humbling 6 years. I'm really not kidding, with doctors' reactions. It was almost comedic sometimes. But, there's so many things screwed up in me, I really don't know it all myself. I get yearly scans, they meet with me, tell me something and I go, "Huh? You never told me that..." Then they'll explain it in some medical terminology, how they did... and my eyes glaze over. In one ear, out the other.

I was doing some stretching, late one night. I remember pain so bad, I've blocked out the memory of it. I just remember the surprise. Waking up my estranged, then... waking up in the hospital like 5 days later.

Its not all doom and gloom. It took a while, but it changed my perspective on things that are important and what's not. I still struggle with it of course. But, I think I'm heading down the right path. The military had to cop to taking a lot of the responsibility, so I'm doing OK.

Thanks for the well-wishes, understanding.

Baker still doesn't have a concussion.
    I hope yer right , Glad the VA taking care of you, I think they do a Great job .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !