Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BB37's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Still think we can't get into the playoffs if we win out?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    They said it was a precautionary measure. He's fine...
    Not quite. Just heard Stoops on the radio say that BM reported having headaches at halftime.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

ND has to lose to Stanford. That will solve everything.

MSU will just take Ohio state's spot. They can justify MSU over OU easily. In fact don't be surprised if MSU s above us on Tuesday. So me MSU's win doesn't mean that much.

They will also justify ND over OU easily, expect Navy to have a good bump in the rankings on Tuesday.

This isn't what I think should happen, but if you've paid attention to what those fools on the committee have been doing MSU and ND will both get in over us. But ND losing removes any argument.

Stanford will be at home, so that helps. If Cal can beat Stanford tonight, even better.

vCash

Yeah. He got his bell rung pretty good.

I'm sitting here in my house, and after watching that game, I have a headache.

He came back in the game, he was performing still. He came out after half, but without his helmet. We got vague stories about him blinking his eyes, or shaking his head. That's it. He was standing on the sidelines, rooting the team on.

If you want worry all week, hey man. Fine by me. In my opinion, in the short years I played and the years I've watched... he'll be fine, come Saturday. Wouldn't surprise me to see them play it up, but you can bet the aggies, are only going to prepare for Baker.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    ND has to lose to Stanford. That will solve everything.

MSU will just take Ohio state's spot. They can justify MSU over OU easily. In fact don't be surprised if MSU s above us on Tuesday. So me MSU's win doesn't mean that much.

They will also justify ND over OU easily, expect Navy to have a good bump in the rankings on Tuesday.

This isn't what I think should happen, but if you've paid attention to what those fools on the committee have been doing MSU and ND will both get in over us. But ND losing removes any argument.

Stanford will be at home, so that helps. If Cal can beat Stanford tonight, even better.
    For MSU to take Ohio State's spot, MSU would have to leap Florida, OU, Iowa, and Notre Dame--all winners this week. And what do you do about Baylor who handily beat #6 Ok State in its house?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

They said it was a precautionary measure. He's fine.
    That's exactly what they say when a player fails concussion protocol. They *have* to sit him and only the doctor can put him back in - not the coach. They will run much more comprehensive tests in the coming days and if he doesn't pass, he can't play next week. They said he already had a headache which is not a good sign. And he wasn't doing any cheering on the sideline either, clearly out of character.

vCash

He came back in the game, he was performing still. He came out after half, but without his helmet. We got vague stories about him blinking his eyes, or shaking his head. That's it. He was standing on the sidelines, rooting the team on.

If you want worry all week, hey man. Fine by me. In my opinion, in the short years I played and the years I've watched... he'll be fine, come Saturday. Wouldn't surprise me to see them play it up, but you can bet the aggies, are only going to prepare for Baker.
    I'm worried, hope you're right. Midway through the fourth I thought he looked like a homeless dude. But then I probably looked the same way.
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

Someone find that kid a dark equipment room to hang out in till next weekend.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

The selection committee was looking for an excuse to leave the Big 12 out of the playoffs. I think Okie State and OU's second half performance gave them their excuse. A one loss Big 10 team, a one loss ND , and a one loss SEC team will all get in before the Big 12 champion.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Play off Hopes For OU are over !
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    The selection committee was looking for an excuse to leave the Big 12 out of the playoffs. I think Okie State and OU's second half performance gave them their excuse. A one loss Big 10 team, a one loss ND , and a one loss SEC team will all get in before the Big 12 champion.
    There is a X factor if OU beats OSU next week. NEVER underestimate the bitching power of Bob Stoops before the CFP is finalized. He is Yoda in that regard.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by guido911 View Post
    There is a X factor if OU beats OSU next week. NEVER underestimate the bitching power of Bob Stoops before the CFP is finalized. He is Yoda in that regard.
    And a 62-10 score would help too!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by guido911 View Post
    For MSU to take Ohio State's spot, MSU would have to leap Florida, OU, Iowa, and Notre Dame--all winners this week. And what do you do about Baylor who handily beat #6 Ok State in its house?
    I didn't mean in this week's rankings, I'm talking about the final rankings. I fully expect them to be ranked above of OU this week though.

Clemson
    Alabama
    Iowa
    Notre Dame
    MSU
    OU
    Baylor
    Ohio St
    Ok State
    Florida

vCash

I didn't mean in this week's rankings, I'm talking about the final rankings. I fully expect them to be ranked above of OU this week though.

Clemson
    Alabama
    Iowa
    Notre Dame
    MSU
    OU
    Baylor
    Ohio St
    Ok State
    Florida
    Looks pretty reasonable except for the pokies. They'll drop out of sight especially after their second loss.

vCash

YOU may have played But I bet ya never got yer Bell rung.
    The way they screen for concussions Im hopeful but Doubtful BM will be back.The Young Man wanted back in there .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Clemson
    Alabama
    Iowa
    Notre Dame
    MSU
    OU
    Baylor
    Ohio St
    Ok State
    Florida
    I have a hard time with ND not getting leaped by MSU if OU gets leaped. They SUCKED against a 3-7 BC team. And what about MSU getting that gift of a win over Michigan (should have lost that one), and now the confirmed fact that Ohio State was overrated and never played anyone until just this week..

My view:

Clemson
    Alabama
    Iowa
    ND (really a place setter)
    OU
    MSU
    Baylor
    Ohio State
    OSU
    Fla.

No way 2 teams from the Big 10 should be in the top 5. Especially if one is a one loss team

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    The way they screen for concussions Im hopeful but Doubtful BM will be back.The Young Man wanted back in there .
    Yeah I posted on another forum that there's no way he was not concussed right after the play.
    Then they put him back in there and he seemed fine.
    I agree with you, with the new protocol I'm not sure we will see him next week but hopefully we do or this would leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Yep, this isn't the old rub-some-dirt-on-it days. They take this sh.it seriously. I thought the staff screwed up leaving him in the game right after it happened. I told my wife I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play after halftime.

vCash

The AP has shots of Baker running out onto the field to celebrate with Parker at the end. If he were concerned about a concussion, I doubt he'd be jumping around that much.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Players get checked for concussions all the time... And you have absolutely NO IDEA what I've been through medically. A concussion, is akin to a freaking sneeze, for me. I've got a 17" scar, 2 aortic aneurysms, a false lumen that extends the length of my torso, and had 2 major strokes... to compare a concussion to, which I've suffered also.

So yeah, I think I can relate just a little bit.

The headache is not a definitive sign of anything, other than a warning sign to monitor. You get knocked in the head like that, you're going to have a headache. He wasn't loopy getting up. Stumbling around. In fact, the way he grabbed his ear holes, reminded be of that ringing in your ears, that felt like your ear drums were going to shatter, if you got hit just right (or the coach's whistle)

Who knows what will happen? I've repeatedly stated, in my opinion, and in my own personal experience, which I don't talk about much anymore. But, I sure as heck know what a concussion is.

I'm not going to spend all week wigging out about it. I expect to see him suited up, ready to play Saturday.

I'm more worried about the LosuRS playing way over their heads, after crapping away their season again. Now they'll be bent on destroying ours.

vCash

Players get checked for concussions all the time... And you have absolutely NO IDEA what I've been through medically. A concussion, is akin to a freaking sneeze, for me. I've got a 17" scar, 2 aortic aneurysms, a false lumen that extends the length of my torso, and had 2 major strokes... to compare a concussion to, which I've suffered also.
    Sounds like you're day to day for next week.