Re: Hey Sic Em

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    "Thank-you sir, may I have another?"
    And Bob answered "You betcha, next year in Norman...see ya then!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't think it had anything to do payback. An LB who gets a chance to drill a QB will do so - just like Evans did in the 1st qtr. He did get flagged, but it's one of those message-sending things teams will do early in a game when the flag isn't critical. The body slam Tapper did late in the game wasn't illegal, but definitely not necessary. I actually had more problems with that one because a guy can really get hurt - maybe that one was payback. But it was chippy, emotional game and I know for sure they would have done the same to Mayfield had they gotten a chance.
    It was a joke...sort of.

I'm sure Stoops didn't say "let's get them back" but ya know the players have that mentality. Tapper's hit was a lot more legal than any of those others.

Sic, I never said OU had angels, never said football isn't a tough sport...but yes, I'll complain and obviously Stoops thought the helmet to helmet on Mixon was targeting...he sent tape in.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Yes, I said Tapper's hit was legal (as I understand it), but not within the "spirit of the game", IMO. There are definitely things that are legal in football that I consider dirty. Just this fan's opinion and I don't change it just because a guy is wearing an OU uniform.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

honestly, I'm actually surprised they didn't call a penalty..but as I told my players once...if they didn't call it, it wasn't a foul (bball)
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Oakman's hit was clean as was that targeting call against Dixon that was reversed. Only team hacks can continue to argue otherwise. However, Dixon and Oakman have both been guilty of improper hits and unsportman like conduct but those are not two legitimate examples.

This "thug" nonsense is such a bunch of bull****. For all of the history OU has, which its fans constantly like to remind everyone of, they certainly seem to forget the decades of thuggish behavior from their own team. Please tell me more about all the angels OU has fielded through its long storied history.

You know what I've never said and will never complain about? Thuggish behavior and hard-hitting defenses. That's the nature of the god damned game -- it's football. Grow a damned pair or watch soccer.
    If anybody knows about being a team hack it would be you. The hit by Ahmed Dixon on Shepard was BS and I am sure that the OU coaches have been fuming about that one for a while. And I think Dixon's actions since he graduated form Baylor reveal what a thug he is. I am pretty sure Oakman will follow suit. I loved how OU's redshirt freshman tackle pretty much dominated him all night. BTW, it's not just OU fans that think Baylor is a thuggish team. There was much joy around the Big 12 regarding OU's victory last weekend. And the attitude that it's just the nature of the game is why the game is under such fire and will probably continue to take fire for the injuries sustained by players.

BTW, how many more times is Briles going to get his first team QB hurt by running designed QB running plays ?
    Last edited by FaninAma; 11/18/2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Did anyone else think that Baylor's offensive coordinator looked like an injury player on the sideline with his flat rim hat, Bieber hair and weird hand signals?

Start at about 38:25:

Is this the best they could find to replace the guy who went to Tulsa (Philip Montgomery)? Art Briles' 33 year old son?

I say 33 and not 32 because just a few days after his birthday, OU embarrassed his offense in Waco on a miserable weather night. Happy birthday, nepotism incarnate. You finally play an opponent with a winning record and you get exposed on national tv