Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Looks like Missouri has a problem

Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

vCash

Re: Looks like Missouri has a problem

i guess i missed what all of this is about

i can only imagine what it would take for Boren to resign, although i haven't been this close to too many other schools. being around 20+ years isn't that normal from what i can tell

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    i guess i missed what all of this is about

i can only imagine what it would take for Boren to resign, although i haven't been this close to too many other schools. being around 20+ years isn't that normal from what i can tell
    The release of the Mixon video would be the end of Boren, and others.

As to Missouri, I'm guessing the SEC is regretting the day it invited those jokers into their conference. I love it when the "oppressed" are given free room and board with tuition and books paid for PLUS now a stipend.

I'm wondering how this compares to the slaves pre-1863. Perhaps the slaves weren't really oppressed at all because they weren't on college campuses being feed, sheltered, and educated on the taxpayers' dime.

Also the hunger striking grad student still looks pretty well feed after two weeks of striking. Perhaps he's just gone paleo or something. He's likely getting by on student loan money as well. I wasn't a history major. Can anyone tell me what kind of student loans the slaves got? I mean, while we're talking about oppression, it's worth some discussing.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

nm...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

In the event this lasts so long the tigers won't have time to prepare and miss their next game, does it go down in the books as a loss due to forfeit, a cancelled game that is neither a W or L, or be rescheduled?

BYU is on a 5-game win streak with an opportunity to go 10-2 on the year, which would get them a spot in the Top 25 and a pretty decent bowl game, I can't believe they are on board with this.
    Last edited by Jacie; 11/9/2015 at 07:33 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

good grief....I'm tired of this bullcrap. The youth of today are out of control...blaming everyone else..and anyone in "charge" just goes along with this crap.

Good riddance to the mu...what a bunch of jackwagons.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Shut the program down. The popularity of football is waning. If we start seeing a lot of the players as victims of the man attitude the trend will accelerate. Sorry, but I have better things to spend my money on than an organization that wants to imply I am a racist.

There were a ton of empty seats at Memorial stadium Saturday night. I was in section 33, row 50 and almost the entire 49th row was empty as well as several seats around us.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Shut the program down. The popularity of football is waning. If we start seeing a lot of the players as victims of the man attitude the trend will accelerate. Sorry, but I have better things to spend my money on than an organization that wants to imply I am a racist.

There were a ton of empty seats at Memorial stadium Saturday night. I was in section 33, row 50 and almost the entire 49th row was empty as well as several seats around us.
    The seats were empty because of the opponent. They will be filled against TCU. But, I agree with your larger sentiment - it's getting old, the "we're marginalized" bit.

Court already overturned players' bid to unionize. They are now getting paid in addition to having room, board, tuition, and meals paid for. It just rings hollow.

Well fed hunger strike guy's list of complaints is pretty thin as well. Seems as though he wants the university president to be the police. If a crime is committed, report it to the police. No university president at any college can usurp the police.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

I'd have fired the coach. Any player that wants to strike is off the team and loses their scholarship. If none of the players want to play then forfeit the games. Need to stand up to bullies. Think this would work with the President? I'm going on a hunger strike until Obama resigns haha. At 4-5 it looks like they've been on strike. Can't believe the guy resigned.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Can't believe the guy resigned.
    Probably got a nice exit package and/or pension to leave (on the Mizzou tax payer's tab). That's the way these things usually work.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    I'd have fired the coach. Any player that wants to strike is off the team and loses their scholarship. If none of the players want to play then forfeit the games. Need to stand up to bullies. Think this would work with the President? I'm going on a hunger strike until Obama resigns haha. At 4-5 it looks like they've been on strike. Can't believe the guy resigned.
    Why would he stay at a place where the inmates run the asylum? He'll be paid handsomely to leave. And, he can go back to the private sector where he was a successful executive.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

of course all the senators jumped on the "oppressed" bandwagon...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Contract with BYU would be a $1M payout in case of a forfeit. This on a football program that netted $3M last year. As usual comes down to money.

Of course, with the way Mizzou is playing this year my argument would be that the team hasn't shown up to any games so far so this is an idle threat.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash

ridiculousness. they are given scholorships to play football. they are not playing football. they should get no scholorship. they can protest all they want--it is their right--but you just won't be playing football. you'll need to pay for your school, pay for your own meals, rent, etc, like everyone else. oh yeah, and keep your grades up so you don't fail out.

good luck, and happy protesting
    this is bull****

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

There are a lot of interesting factors at play in this situation... and whatever your opinion of this boycott, it apparently worked because the president stepped down today.

- Would Mizzou players have threatened to sit out if they were in contention for the SEC East a la the past two seasons? Florida secured it by beating Vandy Saturday, so there's no chance of that this year, playing or sitting.

- With the threat of giving $1 million to BYU, not to mention the lost concessions, ticket money, etc from game forfeiture, did the Mizzou players have the upper hand here, and will they continue to have the upper hand on social issues they get involved with?

- Are they a team divided or united on this front? The initial tweets/etc said only the black players were sitting out and made no mention of the entire team. The coaches only spoke out later after the news started being widely reported.

I appreciate having President Boren be a decisive and up-front leader on the SAE incident of last offseason. It could have turned out to be a much worse situation for OU had he not taking immediate action and gave more than lip service to those who were upset. It sounds like Mizzou's leaders could have had a similar result if they weren't dancing around the issue, trying to avoid responsibility and involvement.

If Mizzou players are indeed booted for their actions, there's a rival program just across the border that's had depleted talent and scholly levels for years. Hit the Tigers where it hurts most and defect to KU!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Update: Stand down, Mizzouers. Your sucky football team will continue to suck in full, not in part.

Link

University of Missouri officials say the football team will resume its regular activities following the resignation of the university system president.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

MIZ...ZOU ...... SUCKS!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Once again, Missouri finds a way to take a negative situation...and make it worse.

The only solution I can see is to have the territory federalized and turned over to me as an absolute despot for a period of 100 years. I promise to have it all cleaned up and ship shape by then.

You're welcome.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    In the event this lasts so long the tigers won't have time to prepare and miss their next game, does it go down in the books as a loss due to forfeit, a cancelled game that is neither a W or L, or be rescheduled?

BYU is on a 5-game win streak with an opportunity to go 10-2 on the year, which would get them a spot in the Top 25 and a pretty decent bowl game, I can't believe they are on board with this.
    It actually doesn't matter with BYU. Before the season started, they committed to play in either the Las Vegas Bowl or the Hawaii Bowl. Whichever one they don't play in this year, they've agreed to play in in the 2019 season.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

If Mizzou players are indeed booted for their actions, there's a rival program just across the border that's had depleted talent and scholly levels for years. Hit the Tigers where it hurts most and defect to KU!
    Being a Missourian who roots for OU, I'd rather see the MU players who DIDN'T want to be a part of a political circus transfer to Kansas.

Who knows what's next on the "progressive agenda" for these dorks.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010