Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 2015-2016 Men's Season Thread

Dang. Not real familiar with our lock down d but nice to know we can speed up the game when we need to. A well-rounded team in march will do some damage. Love ya, Lon.

vCash

Yes wisky doesnt traditionally play the prettiest ball, but bo ryan elevated that program to an elite level. He may be gone but still a great win. If we finish it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

5:00 min mark. OU 55-41. Still making them take tough outside jumpers. Still tough inside.

vCash

2:30 OU rolling 63-44. Announcer Franchilla said a lot of it luck but OU has made them take NBA 3 pointers and uncomfortable jumpers all day.

vCash

Game over 65-48.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Man ugly game but it still counts as a win! Like to see Cousins get into a better rhythm and the free throw shooting needs to improved. Turnovers were down which was very good.

vCash

Big time. Thx for the updates

vCash

I had a little different take on the game. I know from a first take it might seem we were lethargic but I don't think that was the case. We seemed fully engaged on defense. Very few clean easy buckets for the Badgers. They shot 33 - 3 pointers, of which very few were toe up to the line wide open looks and a lot of the reason they put up so many 3 pointers in the first place was because they could get so little going on the inside.

Offensively we were very deliberate. More so than I can ever remember of this team. Seemed like unless there was absolutely clear sailing to the bucket we were content to set up and run our offense. I know Fraschilla said this was a pretty weak effort but it seemed more like a well executed game plan. If it wasn't maybe it should be. 5 turnovers isn't a mark of a team that is phoning it in. It looked like we really valued the basketball. I don't remember one silly turnover.

If I had any gripes it would be giving up way too many O-rebounds. Locking down on the perimeter you can expect to maybe give up a few extra rebounds but Wisconsin getting 22 O-rebounds is just too many.

All in all a really good game for OU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

S/L
    yup got to agree....I thought very good game.

Spang was killing it. IF he can continue to hit the 3 with some regularity...it'll open up the lane big time. Very solid win. The only issue is Badgers are not very "athletic" I think that dictated our game plan as well. We ran when we could...slowed it down when we needed. The d rebounding was an issue, gave up too many o rebounds for them.

I like the bench and rotation...Walker is playing really well.

Good to see that if Buddy isn't scoring we have others.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

When's the last time Spangler shot 3's like that ??

Wisky wasn't the same without their 2 players who are now in the NBA. Makes since.

I liked the commentator's observation that this season Bo Ryan is changing diapers.

Glad that the depth is seeing quality minutes and not just mop up PT.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    When's the last time Spangler shot 3's like that ??

Wisky wasn't the same without their 2 players who are now in the NBA. Makes since.

I liked the commentator's observation that this season Bo Ryan is changing diapers.

Glad that the depth is seeing quality minutes and not just mop up PT.

5-0
    lol, never? I know he hit a few last year. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's the 4th or 5th option in scoring. He loves to rebound and be the "force". I'd like him to take his shots when he's open...he did a good job of knowing when to pull up and when to drive the lane.

Def Badgers are young. I just didn't understand their post play. Ya got 3 post guys, then one needs to play high...basically kept them low, but what do I know.

Def glad the staff is playing the bench. I'm sure come conf time it'll squeeze down, but I like the fact Buddy and the starters are only getting about 25 min a game now.

You going to the games out there?
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Wisconsin win gained a little more ooph today with the badgers knocking off #14 Syracuse tonight.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner95 View Post
    Wisconsin win gained a little more ooph today with the badgers knocking off #14 Syracuse tonight.
    sweet, saw it went into overtime didn't finish it. At 'cuse no doubt.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post

You going to the games out there?

The 1st game is against Villanova and it's at the Pearl Harbor/Hickham rec center. Not sure if I can get on the base there, but it's on TV anyway.

I'm gonna try to see as many games around Christmas when they come back as I can. Sharif Arena is never packed.

Nothing like a good live game. Look for me. I'll be wearing red. LOL.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    The 1st game is against Villanova and it's at the Pearl Harbor/Hickham rec center. Not sure if I can get on the base there, but it's on TV anyway.

I'm gonna try to see as many games around Christmas when they come back as I can. Sharif Arena is never packed.

Nothing like a good live game. Look for me. I'll be wearing red. LOL.

5-0
    lol...yeah didn't think about the one being on base. red Hawaiian shirt?

vCash

Nova game would be awesome...certainly warmer than here..lol

vCash

well, Central Ark...was that the school? lol

LOTS of great things...course it should be. Woodard is fitting in well to the 2 spot. Lots of minutes for everyone. Nice to know AGAIN, we have multiple scorers on the team.

Manyang continues to get minutes and getting better, 11 pts, 6 boards 4 blocks in 15 minutes. Nice to have his presence in the middle. Still seems a little "less athletic" than some other big men, but I believe by conf end he might just turn some heads.

up next Nova..should be a great test.

Honestly, I remember the days when we'd not even have 10 guys suited up, let alone play. Nice to see 8-9 extra bodies on the bench. with 4-5 THAT can play

vCash

Big game tomorrow...#6 vs #8...

Boomer!

vCash

As of this writing, (OU just smacked Oral Roberts), I'm impressed and amazed at OU's 3 point percentage, especially by Spangler.

I hope it continues throughout the season.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Yea, first half was a little closer than I'd like but poured it on in the second half.