Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 2015-2016 Men's Season Thread

yup decent game...3's are killin (good way)

Good to know we've got 5 min guys....Buddy, Cousins, Woodard, Spang and Walker who can hit it.

Walker has played very well in my opinion. Under control, takes decent open shots, doesn't force a lot.

Frosh didn't do much today. Manyang...hmmm, he just looks uncoordinated. I'm hoping that's due to him being sidelined for the last few months. Just not as dominating as he should be at his size.

As the announcers said, it was a quiet 96 points.

You could tell there in the first half we stopped passing as much, we def need to pass 4 or 5 times get easy open shots, even 3's.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I'd love to see our 'bigs' develop a bit more. There are several guys who can penetrate and dish it outside for a '3' once the defense collapses or alley oop it to a big, but someone besides Spangler needs to step up more if the outside game goes cold.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

yup...

unfortunately none of the 3 have shown much offense...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Agree with the front court play. Need to improve there because we will have games where the trey is not falling.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

vCash

Creighton....

decent 1st half. Give creighton props, but dang our rotation is not good.

Yes, Mookie...cousin's is showing true colors. Good grief, didn't know his FT % is in the 30's...geeze.

vCash

geeze, we collapse but can't recover for the 3..ugh

vCash

giving up way too many off rebounds

vCash

well, actually (now that I look back! lol) good win. Good we got tested.

Thank you BUDDY...damn. The dude is good

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

We gave them more open looks from the 3 point line than any game so far this year but for the most part OU made it really tough in the paint for Creighton. A lot of blocked shots. Offensively OU didn't bring their A-game but all in all a good win against a very solid team.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Was talking to a woman whose son is in the pep band for Wazzu (OU's first opponent in the Hawaii tourney). She was crowing and said they are good at blocking shots.
    I looked it up and the Cougs are 2nd nationally at 7.3 blocks per game. They have a 7 footer and two 6'10" guys. As a team they also have a high FG %. around 50%. Of course, they haven't played anyone besides Gonzaga which they lost by about 10.
    Could be a good game.

Also in the Sooner's bracket is Northern Iowa who beat #1 North Carolina and #6 Iowa State.

5-0
    Last edited by hawaii 5-0; 12/21/2015 at 09:57 PM.
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Bench needs to step up...only rotating 8. Buddy can't play 40 min the entire season. Big game tonight, at KU.