Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Please Educate me!

Im NOT a fan of Doctor Carson
    Yet I find him a breath of Fresh air
    But WHY do ANY of you LIBS think That Billiary would be better?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Please Educate me!

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    They are brainwashed Leftists who are programmed to think Constitutionalists are wrong, and any democrat nominee is more capable of good government leadership than any old constitutionalist, or even a sometimes constitutionalist.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Hi Vet. Lib here.

I don't actually think it would have a snowball's chance of passing, but Carson's 10% flat tax plan is grossly unfair to the middle and lower classes.

Imagine a family of four that grosses $35,000 a year. $3500 is a much bigger dent in their income than $35,000 would be to someone grossing $350,000 a year. Would someone making $350 million a year be as deprived for having to pay $35 million as that family earning $35,000 a year would be, having to pay their $3500? That's a lot of rent and groceries and shoes for the kids in their world.

On both sides, I am the scion of dirt-poor forebears who, despite working their asses off, never accumulated much wealth as their hard-earned cash went for basics like food and clothing.

I just don't think people like they should have to pay taxes at the same rate as, say, someone who never worked a day in their life and whose vastly greater income derives from their parents' investments that they were fortunate enough to inherit.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    They are brainwashed Leftists who are programmed to think Constitutionalists are wrong, and any democrat nominee is more capable of good government leadership than any old constitutionalist, or even a sometimes constitutionalist.
    A Constitutionalist is one who strictly adheres to the Constitution, am I right?

Article 6 of the Constitution: "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

Ben Carson:

Carson, meanwhile, was asked Sunday whether a president's faith should matter to voters.

"I guess it depends on what that faith is," he said. "If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the Constitution, no problem."

Asked whether Islam is consistent with the Constitution, Carson said: "No, I don't -- I do not."

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politi...resident-2016/
    So to summarize: the Constitution specifically states that there is no religious test required to hold public office. Ben Carson, who as president would have to swear a vow to uphold that selfsame Constitution, doesn't seem to quite agree with that particular part of the document.

I interpret this to mean he isn't exactly a Constitutionalist, per se.

So back to Vet's original question. I haven't seen Hillary openly make statements that hint as President she might just disregard the Constitution. Until I do, that's why I think she'd be better than Carson.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post
    Hi Vet. Lib here.

I don't actually think it would have a snowball's chance of passing, but Carson's 10% flat tax plan is grossly unfair to the middle and lower classes.

Imagine a family of four that grosses $35,000 a year. $3500 is a much bigger dent in their income than $35,000 would be to someone grossing $350,000 a year. Would someone making $350 million a year be as deprived for having to pay $35 million as that family earning $35,000 a year would be, having to pay their $3500? That's a lot of rent and groceries and shoes for the kids in their world.

On both sides, I am the scion of dirt-poor forebears who, despite working their asses off, never accumulated much wealth as their hard-earned cash went for basics like food and clothing.

I just don't think people like they should have to pay taxes at the same rate as, say, someone who never worked a day in their life and whose vastly greater income derives from their parents' investments that they were fortunate enough to inherit.
    Small point of correction...Carson's own words...it is closer to a 14.5% flat tax, even more
    regressive on low and middle incomers.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Small point of correction...Carson's own words...it is closer to a 14.5% flat tax, even more
    regressive on low and middle incomers.....
    See Rock! No one can stay on topic, I said I wasnt a Fan of Carson, And Simply asked about "The Bitch" no one has replied to that yet.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

At a big risk, I'll offer this...Carson is a COMPLETE unknown and something of a
    "not quite all there" (imo) and HRC is just the opposite. Granted, there are many
    who don't want any more of Clinton and Obama, that's fair but in the overall
    scheme of things, this dangerous world is too much for a non-political neophyte.
    Cough, Cough, Gulp...I could handle, um, Rubio over Carson, Trump or Fiorina.

vCash

It's a false dichotomy to begin with. Carson being a moron doesn't mean HRC is the only other option.

Have they both won the nomination?

Are you saying Carson is the best/only choice out of the GOP? I just hope that isn't true.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    It's a false dichotomy to begin with. Carson being a moron doesn't mean HRC is the only other option.

Are you saying Carson is the best/only choice out of the GOP? I just hope that isn't true.
    Of course, neither has one their party's nomination. But, one most likely will and the other won't.
    Carson is neither the best or only choice for the GOP, but he is the one being most talked about at
    the moment.

vCash

Has nothing to do with Who wins the Nominations, I simply asked Yalls opinion of hilliary.
    Everyones jumping on Carson. I want to know what yall think of HER.

vCash

Meh, I'd rather see Sanders

vCash

Meh, I'd rather see Sanders
    OK, Ill type slow LOL
    WHAT do think of hilliary?

vCash

Again, meh. I'm fairly sure I've likely never touted her for anything.

Other than saying that the Benghazi/email **** is trumped up BS I'm fairly sure I haven't talked about her much.

vCash

Hillary would be same ol same ol. Similar to Bush41, Bill Clinton, Obama. Better than Bush 43. She would start too many wars, but less than a republican. She cut corporate taxes, but not as much as a republican. She would cut social security indirectly by changing some of the rules, but not as much as a republican. Breaking through the gender barrier would be a good thing as it would widen the pool of future candidates, but I kinda think the voters already accept that even though it hasn't happened.

Summary: You pretty much know exactly what you would get and if you are looking for big changes, look elsewhere. You can just change the name of this forum to HClintonfest and continue your bitching and moaning for another 4 years.

But you asked specifically why someone would prefer her over Carson. For me, I think Carson is a moron and a loose canon and nobody knows what in the heck they would get. That doesn't sit well with many people.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post
    A Constitutionalist is one who strictly adheres to the Constitution, am I right?

Article 6 of the Constitution: "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

Ben Carson:

So to summarize: the Constitution specifically states that there is no religious test required to hold public office. Ben Carson, who as president would have to swear a vow to uphold that selfsame Constitution, doesn't seem to quite agree with that particular part of the document.

I interpret this to mean he isn't exactly a Constitutionalist, per se.

So back to Vet's original question. I haven't seen Hillary openly make statements that hint as President she might just disregard the Constitution. Until I do, that's why I think she'd be better than Carson.
    Carson's concern over moslems is justified. The moslem religion is unique among any religions that I know of in that it espouses sharia law, which usurps the Constitution.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sharia law. LOL

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

See Rock! No one can stay on topic, I said I wasnt a Fan of Carson, And Simply asked about "The Bitch" no one has replied to that yet.
    I thought I was on topic. The question was, "But WHY do ANY of you LIBS think That Billiary would be better?"

I think Clinton would be better than Carson because she's not proposing a tax plan that is grossly unfair to the middle and lower classes.

Also, I personally would prefer having a president with the balls to endure 11 hours of BS partisan questioning than any one of those sissies who couldn't even answer snippy debate questions without whining about it. I can just envision Putin's face when President Trump says to him, "That's not a very nicely asked question, Vladimir." LMAO.

By contrast, Clinton didn't whine and cry when Anderson Cooper asked her, "Will you say anything to get elected?"

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Carson's concern over moslems is justified. The moslem religion is unique among any religions that I know of in that it espouses sharia law, which usurps the Constitution.
    I guess you missed THIS particular Christian saying his religion should usurp the Constitution (spoiler: it's Huckabee):

I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution. But I believe it’s a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God. And that’s what we need to do is amend the Constitution so it’s in God’s standards rather than trying to change God’s standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family.
    Video proof here:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ods-standards/

vCash

But it's the true religion, so it's okay

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

But it's the true religion, so it's okay
    I know. It's that double standard thing that boggles my mind.

For example, take the Ben Carson West Point thing, substitute the name Hillary Clinton, and the same people who have been parsing and splitting hairs to try to make it seem less than what it is--he lied--would be going bat guano crazy over the lying bitch.