Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Help me understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    Rock, do u have ANY evidence that homosexuality is biological? I have never seen any proof much to libs dismay.

As far as Carson...he SEEMS diff than the status quo...same with trump. At least pubs are looking at candidates that seem way off...the dems are going for Clinton 2...same **** different day....after complaining about the gov leaders.
    I can't quote a specific source but at least a half dozen different folks came out after
    Carson said that...all saying that he was not correct and that homosexuality is not
    learned and that is biological in nature. There is no question that Trump and Carson
    differ from the status quo, and, know what? That's great! Only issue is that neither
    of those men have a clue as to how to run the gov't. Remember how many have come
    before and then just fell in line with all that is Washington? It truly is frightening to
    imagine Carson asleep in front of the Chinese or Russians! Even more so is Trump with
    all his bluster in dealing with those folks...WWIII oh so close....jus sayin...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    I can't quote a specific source but at least a half dozen different folks came out after
    Carson said that...all saying that he was not correct and that homosexuality is not
    learned and that is biological in nature. There is no question that Trump and Carson
    differ from the status quo, and, know what? That's great! Only issue is that neither
    of those men have a clue as to how to run the gov't. Remember how many have come
    before and then just fell in line with all that is Washington? It truly is frightening to
    imagine Carson asleep in front of the Chinese or Russians! Even more so is Trump with
    This may be the most asinine post I've read of yours...

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    learned and that is biological in nature.
    There is no question that Trump and Carson
    Rock, c'mon man...I know you're a fairly balanced guy, but seriously, you wrote that? Both you and I KNOW that if there was ANY SCIENTIFIC evidence that it's biological it would be the biggest news ever. Yet not one shred.

As far as carson and trump running the country...I halfway agree...not that I'm voting for either but your OP asked why they were attractive.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I think Carson was surely a great doc. He's probably very honest. He has some ideas that lead to not being open minded at all and not using evidence based knowledge (the pyramids?).

He also has no clue about the big issues. He rates horrible on politifact. Hell, trump comes over more truthful and he's a liar.

The was meant to show I wasn't being serious.

vCash

Politifact is nothing more than a Lib/Dem shill.
    The attractiveness of Carson at this point is his refreshing NEWNESS and honesty
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

unfortunately we have a $hit Show about to happen. Clinton lies just as much as the others, Sanders is a frickin fruit cake and just as unstabale as Carson and Trump...the dem candidates are just as bad...tell me why you all like them so much?
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Politifact is nothing more than a Lib/Dem shill.
    The attractiveness of Carson at this point is his refreshing NEWNESS and honesty
    Isn't it crazy that the left is so focused on fact checking. I wonder why?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    now that is funny...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe a better question should be "why can't the Repubs properly vet their own candidates ?"

Some of Carson's statements and beliefs are really out there.

At some point even the followers of faith have to sit up and say "Whoah ! That was one even I never heard. "

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Because the Repubs take everything said by 'one of their own' as truth beyond reproach. I use quotations because hey, not too long ago Trump was a Dem. Lots of folks think he still is.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Here's one by Carson.....

“Every signer of the Declaration of Independence had no elected office experience.”

— Dr. Ben Carson, in a Facebook post, Nov. 4, 2015

The truth ?

Of the 56 signers of the Declaration, at least 27 had at least some elected office experience, primarily in Colonial assemblies.

Like a lot of candidates he makes stuff up.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

just like they hate snopes

vCash

When I said there was a contingent of politically-active evangelicals that are bat**** crazy, this is 100% what I'm talking about. Carson is bat**** crazy.

vCash

I don't get the Carson draw either. I've listened to him a few times and he comes across as a simpleton. You wouldn't think that possible of a brain surgeon. But I used to ride bikes with a bunch of surgeons and they were nothing more than glorified carpenters that had the persistence to get through a rigorous training program. "Glorified carpenters" was their term, not mine. I do get the outsider angle as I would like to see that too. But if Carson gets elected, I think we will have elected Chauncey Gardiner.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't get the Carson draw either. I've listened to him a few times and he comes across as a simpleton. You wouldn't think that possible of a brain surgeon. But I used to ride bikes with a bunch of surgeons and they were nothing more than glorified carpenters that had the persistence to get through a rigorous training program. "Glorified carpenters" was their term, not mine. I do get the outsider angle as I would like to see that too. But if Carson gets elected, I think we will have elected Chauncey Gardiner.
    He's SOOOO bland. Docs also joke amongst themselves that "how many surgeons have run their practice into the ground?"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    When I said there was a contingent of politically-active evangelicals that are bat**** crazy, this is 100% what I'm talking about. Carson is bat**** crazy.
    Then you graduated from a university that matriculated a lot of bat**** crazy people. I guess since you chose to go to the same school you are under a deep cloud of suspicion of being bat**** crazy.

You're right. The Egyptians only used the pyramids to house a few dead bodies. There is no way these massive structures could have been used to store anything else. No way were the Evyptians intelligent enough to plan ahead and store grain in them for potential lean years. Now that's what I call a bat**** crazy theory.
    http://www.scottcreighton.co.uk/PDF-...b%20Theory.pdf
    Last edited by FaninAma; 11/6/2015 at 09:58 AM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

He's SOOOO bland. Docs also joke amongst themselves that "how many surgeons have run their practice into the ground?"
    I've known quite a few surgeons and doctors and I have never heard that. BTW, Carsonworked for John Hopkins not himself. Quit being ignorant. Worry about how much lipstick you Democrats are going to have to use on hillary to convince anybody but your low information voters to vote for that pig.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    if you have any questions about the Seventh-Day Adventists i will be happy to answer them.
    I would be interested in learning of the theology of the religion and how their beliefs differ (if they do) from traditional Protestant religions like Lutheranism or Methodists. More to understand the candidate and where he is coming from.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    I would be interested in learning of the theology of the religion and how their beliefs differ (if they do) from traditional Protestant religions like Lutheranism or Methodists. More to understand the candidate and where he is coming from.
    SDAs beleive the Sabath was not changed due to Christ's resurrection on Sunday so we still observe Saturday as the Sabath. We believe faith and acceptance of Christ is the way to Heaven...not works. We believe in the forgiveness of sins through repentance and acceptance of Christ. We believe in the Holy Trinity. We have a different view of the millinealist approach that can be summarized here(there will be a tribulation but no rapture):
    Central to Adventist eschatology is Christ's second advent.
    [7] According to Adventist
    teaching, Christ entered into the holy place of the heavenly temple on Good Friday and
    remained there for eighteen centuries to plead His blood on behalf of sinners. In 1844
    (2,300 "prophetic days" or years after 457 B.C.--Dan. 8:14), Christ entered the heavenly
    holy of holies to begin investigating the conduct of believers an "investigative judgment"
    which will last until His second advent. When people die, they become non-existent in
    body and soul until this second coming. Just before Christ returns, those who were
    responsible for His trial and crucifixion (Rev. 1:7) and the faithful members of the
    Adventist denomination who died after 1844 (Rev. 14:13) will be raised to see Him
    come. At His return Christ will destroy the beast, the false prophet, and the wicked who
    made war against God and His people at Armageddon (Rev. 16:12-16; 19:11-21).
    Satan will have the sins of the world placed upon him as a "scapegoat" and will be
    consigned to a desolate earth for 1000 years (Rev. 20:1-3). At the same time, all
    believers who died before 1844 and all non- Adventist believers who died after 1844 will
    be raised (Rev. 20:4-6). All believers who are still alive will be transformed, and both
    groups will go to heaven to rule with Christ 1000 years. During this period, Christ and
    the believers will rule for the purpose of investigating the lives of the unbelievers and
    determining the amount of suffering they will have to experience. After the millennium
    the wicked will be raised, they will suffer in various degrees on earth, and they will be
    gathered by Satan for a final assault on the heavenly Jerusalem which has just
    descended (Rev. 20:7-9). Following this, God will annihilate Satan, his evil angels, and
    all the wicked. Christ and all believers will then live forever on the new earth.

SDA's emphasize healthy living and healthy eating but it is not a requirement that one follow any special diet to be a member(i.e. you do not have to be a vegetarian.) They believe that other Christians of other faiths will go to Heaven. They also believe that people of other religions and even areligious people who never were given the opportunity to know about Jesus Christ will be in Heaven. We believe Catholics are true Christians although SDA's believe strongly that there should not have to be an intercedent between a believer and God/Christ(i.e. we find it unnecessary to have to confess our sins to a priest and that there is no one human representative of Christ on earth(i.e. the Pope). Of course that latter belief originated with Martin Luther during the Reformation and decreased the liklihood of Christianity becoming a cult of personality..

SDA's spend a large part of their budget on education/schools and missionary work. At one time the SDAs were only trailed the Mormons and the Catholics in the total number of missionaries they sent to other countries. Loma Linda University is the flagship university of the SDA's university system but they have serval others.

I have attended a lot of Lutheran churches(Missouri Synod) and except for attending on Sunday and the Lutheran tendency to have more ceremonial constructs to their services their beliefs and practices are very similar to SDA's.

Last edited by FaninAma; 11/6/2015 at 10:17 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Then you graduated from a university that matriculated a lot of bat**** crazy people. I guess since you chose to go to the same school you are under a deep cloud of suspicion of being bat**** crazy.

You're right. The Egyptians only used the pyramids to house a few dead bodies. There is no way these massive structures could have been used to store anything else. No way were the Evyptians intelligent enough to plan ahead and store grain in them for potential lean years. Now that's what I call a bat**** crazy theory.
    http://www.scottcreighton.co.uk/PDF-...b%20Theory.pdf
    Scott Creighton, talk about batsh1t crazy. Seen "scholars" on Ancient Aliens with better theories.