SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

"We are going to b ready ...."

....for a tough Kansas state team that's going to give us their best shot" ....same song second verse.

Hope so Baker...ksu will def b ready
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Re: "We are going to b ready ...."

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    ....for a tough Kansas state team that's going to give us their best shot" ....same song second verse.

Hope so Baker...ksu will def b ready
    I hope Baker is more ready than he was the last time he played KState. I just rewatched the video of his pick 6 to Ty Zimmerman. He lets Ty run by him while wearing "Never Quit" on the back of his jersey. Baker quit on that play and quit on his team before the season ended.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by #8soon View Post
    I hope Baker is more ready than he was the last time he played KState. I just rewatched the video of his pick 6 to Ty Zimmerman. He lets Ty run by him while wearing "Never Quit" on the back of his jersey. Baker quit on that play and quit on his team before the season ended.
    Link, Vid or STFU!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

KSU consistently punches above their weight.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Link, Vid or STFU!
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ore-game-recap

All you had to do is ask. Now stfu!

vCash

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ore-game-recap

All you had to do is ask. Now stfu!
    I did ASK Ya Moran!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

I'm really surprised you needed a link' like you didn't believe me? Of course your 48-3 OU over Texsa prediction proves you don't know $@&# about this team.

vCash

I'm really surprised you needed a link' like you didn't believe me? Of course your 48-3 OU over Texsa prediction proves you don't know $@&# about this team.
    Moran, Why would I believe a nOOb? You say my Prediction was showing Ignorance? Then you just called most posters here Ignorant
    Bite me.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Moran, Why would I believe a nOOb? You say my Prediction was showing Ignorance? Then you just called most posters here Ignorant
    Bite me.
    They are. The same crap that was going on with Mack's program 4 years ago is going on right now. Too many people are so busy trying to keep their job they're not doing their job and the way this program screwed over Cody and Justice is total bs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

We'll be ready if our coordinators/HC don't outsmart themselves by playing 2 safeties deep and a 2 man DL again to stop the pass when K-State is on their 3rd or 4th string QB and a running team, our D players don't play wimpy pushy-hands girly D (especially the LBs) instead of knocking the crap out of them as well as wrapping up'. Sheesh, I should've deleted the whorns game and not watched it back. We were Mack Brown Charmin soft last Saturday but we should've scored more than 17 points so the L is not on our D, imo, well maybe some on our LBs.

On offense, LR coaches-up our QB some this week to check-down to the wide-freakin' open swing outlet passes, throws in some RB screens, and sneaks a pass over the short middle in timely situations, and perhaps a well-timed/well-designed draw or 2 to slow down the Puddy's rush through our porous OL and Bob doesn't insist that we get the run going this week by constantly running into a brick wall... and no slow developing reverses--that was pitiful. If we only score 17 points like last week and don't win big in the TO battle, we'll definitely lose.

I was just looking at the NCAA stats this week, and KjSU is 96th in passing offense, they're 18th in rushing D but 115th in passing yards allowed D -- one hundred and 15th. geez, we'll probably run 70 or 80% of the time if that genius game plan last week was any indication. Also, we've got to do some QC and have some gopher GAs watch some film. If ABC and Texass can figure out a simple give-a-way key, Snyder and staff will be Einsteins at it.

I wouldn't be surprised though if we crap the bed again with our game-plan/game prep/player motivation (they're going to come out swinging because of their 2 close loses--BM better be as tough as Nate this Sat), KSU baits us into throwing a couple of picks by dropping a DL or 2 into screen/short pass coverage (I sure hope LR coaches up our QB to watch for it), and old man Snyder out-coaches us even though we have a pretty good record against them in the Rotten Apple.

One thing's for sure, our coaches have got to keep their heads and not lose it if the zebras don't call a penalty the 1st time a KSU OL gets 3 yards beyond the LOS on a pass play (if I was a GA in the booth with Mike, I would definitely bring some eye protection) . I kinda hoped that zebra crew from 2 weeks ago calls this game, because I guarantee you they'll not miss an OL downfield 3.5 yards over the LOS, but if they are then we'll probably lose because we'll get cracked a number of times for some stupid asinine penalties like hands to the grill or some illegal wedge blocking will negate our only KO return TD of the year.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

......Pfffft!

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Talk is cheap. Cheaper than ever.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I hope they have implemented some screens and draws.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    We'll be ready if our coordinators/HC don't outsmart themselves by playing 2 safeties deep and a 2 man DL again to stop the pass when K-State is on their 3rd or 4th string QB and a running team, our D players don't play wimpy pushy-hands girly D (especially the LBs) instead of knocking the crap out of them as well as wrapping up'. Sheesh, I should've deleted the whorns game and not watched it back. We were Mack Brown Charmin soft last Saturday but we should've scored more than 17 points so the L is not on our D, imo, well maybe some on our LBs.

On offense, LR coaches-up our QB some this week to check-down to the wide-freakin' open swing outlet passes, throws in some RB screens, and sneaks a pass over the short middle in timely situations, and perhaps a well-timed/well-designed draw or 2 to slow down the Puddy's rush through our porous OL and Bob doesn't insist that we get the run going this week by constantly running into a brick wall... and no slow developing reverses--that was pitiful. If we only score 17 points like last week and don't win big in the TO battle, we'll definitely lose.

I was just looking at the NCAA stats this week, and KjSU is 96th in passing offense, they're 18th in rushing D but 115th in passing yards allowed D -- one hundred and 15th. geez, we'll probably run 70 or 80% of the time if that genius game plan last week was any indication. Also, we've got to do some QC and have some gopher GAs watch some film. If ABC and Texass can figure out a simple give-a-way key, Snyder and staff will be Einsteins at it.

I wouldn't be surprised though if we crap the bed again with our game-plan/game prep/player motivation (they're going to come out swinging because of their 2 close loses--BM better be as tough as Nate this Sat), KSU baits us into throwing a couple of picks by dropping a DL or 2 into screen/short pass coverage (I sure hope LR coaches up our QB to watch for it), and old man Snyder out-coaches us even though we have a pretty good record against them in the Rotten Apple.

One thing's for sure, our coaches have got to keep their heads and not lose it if the zebras don't call a penalty the 1st time a KSU OL gets 3 yards beyond the LOS on a pass play (if I was a GA in the booth with Mike, I would definitely bring some eye protection) . I kinda hoped that zebra crew from 2 weeks ago calls this game, because I guarantee you they'll not miss an OL downfield 3.5 yards over the LOS, but if they are then we'll probably lose because we'll get cracked a number of times for some stupid asinine penalties like hands to the grill or some illegal wedge blocking will negate our only KO return TD of the year.

did you see the play against tcu? lol, crap the QB was 5 yards past the LOS then threw a forward pass....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Also, we've got to do some QC and have some gopher GAs watch some film. If ABC and Texass can figure out a simple give-a-way key, Snyder and staff will be Einsteins at it.
    This is what really froze my a$$. No wonder we run into a brick wall on most running plays. How can that pass/run stance be so egregious and not be coached out of the right tackle?
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I'm surprised they actually pointed that out on TV about the tackle's feet..I mean, every team has someone tipping plays..Usually Guards and QBs.. And the feet actually looked more lined up in the pistol formations run or pass than in the shotgun.

And if your right tackle can't turn his hips fast enough or is too upright, you probably have to get him to do that on pass protection so he isn't getting beat every time.
    Bazinga

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Mayfield will be ready, I just hope the Sooner supporting cast, ie his OL, is vastly improved over last week. If it wouldn't have been for the gutsy play of the QB, who was running for his life, last week would have been ugly.

Also, as much as I would like it, I can't see Stoops and co letting the Sooner d get whipped two weeks in a row. Did I read right that Bob hasn't lost two in a row since year 1?

Hook'em
    "But the pieces were there for success. Not BCS success. Not beat-Vince-Young success. But beat-TCU success. Beat-Baylor-before-overtime success."

Collier11, a Sooner Fan

HMFIC
    vCash

Two in a row in the regular season. We lost two in a row, oh, about 11 months ago, but one was a bowl game.