Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Just how bad will this season be?

As I said in another thread ,While I never thought I would ever say this,it is time for a change.As for how I tbad I think this season will be? Losses to Baylor and TCU are almost a mortal lock.Losses to K-State and osu are likely and a loss to Tech is possible. I do think we will beat KU and ISU. Bottom line I think 8-4 best case scenario.

I think it is fair to say I am not so stoopified. I truly hope Bob and co. turn things AROUND BUT I HAVE LOST FAITH.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Just how bad will this season be?

It really depends on the turnover margin. So far we are:

Akron -1
    Tennessee -1
    Tulsa -2
    WV +3
    Texas -1

At +0 we can beat every team but TCU and BU. We are going to need +2 against TCU and probably +4 against Baylor.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    As I said in another thread ,While I never thought I would ever say this,it is time for a change.As for how I tbad I think this season will be? Losses to Baylor and TCU are almost a mortal lock.Losses to K-State and osu are likely and a loss to Tech is possible. I do think we will beat KU and ISU. Bottom line I think 8-4 best case scenario.

I think it is fair to say I am not so stoopified. I truly hope Bob and co. turn things AROUND BUT I HAVE LOST FAITH.
    I agree with you - 4 or 5 losses.
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 10/12/2015 at 05:34 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    It really depends on the turnover margin. So far we are:

Akron -1
    Tennessee -1
    Tulsa -2
    WV +3
    Texas -1

At +0 we can beat every team but TCU and BU. We are going to need +2 against TCU and probably +4 against Baylor.
    Yep. Still think Sanchez got robbed of an interception.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I agree with you - 4 or 5 losses.
    Hopefully 6. I don't think Stoops would survive a 6-6 record.

This is like having to punish a child for its long term benefit. We fans will need to suffer this season in order to get needed change. If Stoops isn't fired with a 6-6 record, then it's time to stop blaming Stoops and start blaming Joe C. and Boren.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post

This is like having to punish a child for its long term benefit. We fans will need to suffer this season in order to get needed change. If Stoops isn't fired with a 6-6 record, then it's time to stop blaming Stoops and start blaming Joe C. and Boren.
    {sigh...}

p
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    {sigh...}

SoonerorLater,

That is the most cogent thing you've said all day. It's much better than your standard procedure of presenting "facts" completely out of context. Like we'd really fall for that Bear Bryant slight-of-hand you attempted earlier.

vCash

Ultimately that's the call, really. As long as Castiglione and Boren are okay with it, Bob Stoops is the coach. So the heat will really have to be turned up on them to get him ousted. I fully expect Mike Stoops to resign at the end of this season to give Bob a graceful--more or less--out to replace him, and then he probably gets another year, since he's already made wholesale changes on the offensive side. Then we'll see. Gonna be interesting...historically Stoops' teams have performed best when they're being viewed negatively, and I'd say that's the case at the moment.

vCash

p

SoonerorLater,

That is the most cogent thing you've said all day. It's much better than your standard procedure of presenting "facts" completely out of context. Like we'd really fall for that Bear Bryant slight-of-hand you attempted earlier.
    You're hypercritical to a fault but actually rooting for failure? Here's a resume and you won't have to guess who it is.

1999 Oklahoma 7-5
    2000 Oklahoma 13–0
    2001 Oklahoma 11–2
    2002 Oklahoma 12–2
    2003 Oklahoma 12–2
    2004 Oklahoma 12–1
    2005 Oklahoma 8–4
    2006 Oklahoma 11–3
    2007 Oklahoma 11–3
    2008 Oklahoma 12–2
    2009 Oklahoma 8–5
    2010 Oklahoma 12–2
    2011 Oklahoma 10–3
    2012 Oklahoma 10–3
    2013 Oklahoma 11–2
    2014 Oklahoma 8–5
    2015 Oklahoma 4–1

You will not see many prettier W-L coaching resumes than this especially for Power 5 coaches. 1 in 100 couldn't do it. How many coaches have come and gone in the 16+ years Stoops has been coaching? He's never had a bad stretch and it's good even over the last 5 years and somehow you think Joe C is going to pull some magic out of his backside and find the next budding Knute Rocke? The odds of filling an inside straight are better (literally)

vCash

But don't you realize we're Oklahoma? We should never lose a game. Ever. Never. No matter who the opponent is or what the circumstances are.

You're hypercritical to a fault but actually rooting for failure? Here's a resume and you won't have to guess who it is.

1999 Oklahoma 7-5
    2000 Oklahoma 13–0
    2001 Oklahoma 11–2
    2002 Oklahoma 12–2
    2003 Oklahoma 12–2
    2004 Oklahoma 12–1
    2005 Oklahoma 8–4
    2006 Oklahoma 11–3
    2007 Oklahoma 11–3
    2008 Oklahoma 12–2
    2009 Oklahoma 8–5
    2010 Oklahoma 12–2
    2011 Oklahoma 10–3
    2012 Oklahoma 10–3
    2013 Oklahoma 11–2
    2014 Oklahoma 8–5
    2015 Oklahoma 4–1

You will not see many prettier W-L coaching resumes than this especially for Power 5 coaches. 1 in 100 couldn't do it. How many coaches have come and gone in the 16+ years Stoops has been coaching? He's never had a bad stretch and it's good even over the last 5 years and somehow you think Joe C is going to pull some magic out of his backside and find the next budding Knute Rocke? The odds of filling an inside straight are better (literally)

You don't get it. But I'll try one more time. The football coach at the University of Oklahoma is expected to contend for National Championships. Bob hasn't done that since 2008. For the 7th straight year, his team is out of contention before November 1 rolls around.

People are FINALLY coming to the conclusion that Bob has shown NO evidence that he'll ever regularly contend (notice, I didn't say win) for National Championships. Given that, he is no longer fit to coach OU.

His current ability is fine for Oregon State, Iowa, NC State, Pitt, etc...

Does it really make sense to broadcast a glitzy campaign about "Only One Oklahoma" and back it up with what Bob's putting on the field? Is that really an example of a product that lives up to the hype?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Yes, great w/l record...no doubt.

I drank the koolaide....no way OU was a top 10 team this year...we'll see how it goes. As a lot of folks have said...1 loss doesn't mean we suck...just like 1 win doesn't deserve to b relied on for more than it was....1 win. Guess what? Stoops AGAIN brought up the Bama win...HE brought it up.

He doesn't care what fans think....thinks the horn game is just another game...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Get beat by KSU and it could get real bad

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

OU will be fine....I can see them winning the rest of their games.....I really can...but I am always Polly Anna in life....makes it nice to alive.)

vCash

You don't get it. But I'll try one more time. The football coach at the University of Oklahoma is expected to contend for National Championships.
    People can expect whatever they want. It doesn't mean squat. Of course OU wants to be in the championship hunt. They and the the fans of 127 other Div I schools. Playing for championships in at best a long shot and if you are thinking this is something that is going to happen on a regular basis then you are delusional. If that is part of the criteria that you expect of a coach then you are misguided.

You try to maintain a good program and hope you can hit on a couple of recruiting classes every decade or so. It's a matter of biding time until it falls in place. Until then just sit back and enjoy the games for what they are. Entertainment. There doesn't always have to be some prize or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

vCash

I really would like to know what The Powers That Be down in Norman are thinking. Surely these inexplicable losses are maddening to them as well. But they have been so comfortable with the status quo for so long. Who knows what the season record will be at this point. It's possible it could become the 10-2, 9-3 sort of record most of us were expecting. But with the OL so weak, who knows?

To me, a season is bad if OU doesn't at least compete strongly for a conference championship. It's been years since OU has won one outright. How disappointing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sendbaht View Post
    OU will be fine....I can see them winning the rest of their games.....I really can...but I am always Polly Anna in life....makes it nice to alive.)
    I agree - you could see them winning out. Just try real hard not to wakeup.

People can expect whatever they want. It doesn't mean squat. Of course OU wants to be in the championship hunt. They and the the fans of 127 other Div I schools. Playing for championships in at best a long shot and if you are thinking this is something that is going to happen on a regular basis then you are delusional. If that is part of the criteria that you expect of a coach then you are misguided.

You try to maintain a good program and hope you can hit on a couple of recruiting classes every decade or so. It's a matter of biding time until it falls in place. Until then just sit back and enjoy the games for what they are. Entertainment. There doesn't always have to be some prize or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
    Saban does it. Urban Meyer does it. Hell, Les Miles does it.

vCash

And Bob used to do it, so it's not like it's impossible.

But nothing like lowering your standards.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Stoops has a better win % than those guys ex-UM. Head to head Stoops beat Sabans' Bama team and Les Miles record looks remarkably similar to Stoops over the past few years and even worse prior to that. Miles was 8-5 last year. Secondly all of those guys are currently employed so what is you point?