Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Just how bad will this season be?

well, I'm not going to go back and find my post...Boulder go ahead.

I think going into the season I thought 9-3 would be good, possible 8-4. Anything over 9-3 was great. I' glad I was wrong as well...but honestly a lot of folks were. WHO GIVES A $HIT~

OU is in a position to be where a LOT OF FOLKS didn't think they'd be. I'm just going to enjoy it.

Mayfield was a wild card. He's done unbelievable...

BOOMER
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm not going back on any posts; just saying it's too early to revive this thread. If OUr boys lose this last one, the gloomers will be out in force claiming the whole season was $hit. But not me. I've said before that with all the unknowns going into this season, I mostly looking for a team came together and looked much better by the end of the season. This has happened.

But the OSU game has always looked like it would be a tough finale and it's usually a close one up there. Nothing about us beating Baylor or getting a high CFP ranks is going to change that. It's only changed the mood and expectation of the fans who now think it's in the bag for some reason.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Really? "In the bag"? I guess I missed those.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Really? "In the bag"? I guess I missed those.
    I browse over at LT. Lots more fans over there, but hard to know which ones are 13. Since BU lost to OU and OSU lost to BU, lots of confident posters expect a 52-21 sort of beat down. The ol college football transitive property that works so well Also, seem to think the royal jelly the committee put on us with the #3 changes everything.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I browse over at LT. Lots more fans over there, but hard to know which ones are 13. Since BU lost to OU and OSU lost to BU, lots of confident posters expect a 52-21 sort of beat down. The ol college football transitive property that works so well Also, seem to think the royal jelly the committee put on us with the #3 changes everything.
    Ah, that explains it. I don't "do" LT.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Ah, that explains it. I don't "do" LT.
    You'll see a few of those lop-sided scores in the prediction thread here too. But I suspect a lot of those predictions are not really predictions - more like a wish list.

vCash

You'll see a few of those lop-sided scores in the prediction thread here too. But I suspect a lot of those predictions are not really predictions - more like a wish list.
    Reports im hearin is low 30s with slight freezin drizzle , we gonna win by moren 7 but it aint gonna be a high scoring game
    The O/U is at 69. that aint happening in that kinda weather.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Reports im hearin is low 30s with slight freezin drizzle , we gonna win by moren 7 but it aint gonna be a high scoring game
    The O/U is at 69. that aint happening in that kinda weather.
    Weird things can happen in "weather" games - hope it's good weird.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not going back on any posts; just saying it's too early to revive this thread. If OUr boys lose this last one, the gloomers will be out in force claiming the whole season was $hit. But not me. I've said before that with all the unknowns going into this season, I mostly looking for a team came together and looked much better by the end of the season. This has happened.

But the OSU game has always looked like it would be a tough finale and it's usually a close one up there. Nothing about us beating Baylor or getting a high CFP ranks is going to change that. It's only changed the mood and expectation of the fans who now think it's in the bag for some reason.
    lol, true. I agree, the season as of now is better than expected. I didn't think we could do worse than last year (8-5 isn't HORRIBLE, but the way we lost was). I am not even counting on being in the playoff even if we beat osu. Mich st, iowa, nd...hell even florida (course that would likely knock off bama)...who knows. Just trying to enjoy the season.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sendbaht View Post
    OU will be fine....I can see them winning the rest of their games.....I really can...but I am always Polly Anna in life....makes it nice to alive.)
    Nicely played. You may be right.

vCash

Weird things can happen in "weather" games - hope it's good weird.
    Dis be true! But I aint puttin any money on the Overs LOL at 69 lol
    Got 275 on OU at 6.5 Ill live with that.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

ok; admittedly I'm one of those "dreamers" who predicted a beat down. And you're absolutely correct in this: I am wishing more so than using my head for something other than a hat rack. A convincing win here & next stop the big time games...Here's hoping that the Sooners have shaken off the risidual effects of that 2nd half vs TCU & are ready to play like we know that they can...Boomer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

If the next game is a repeat of the Ice Bowl, you'll be sweatin those 6.5 points.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    If the next game is a repeat of the Ice Bowl, you'll be sweatin those 6.5 points.
    Not so fast my Sooner friend.Comparisons of this Puke team to that Puke team are unwarran ted. They had a very good running team with Thurman and Barry.This Neon Orange version can NOT run the ball. i,I am among those predicting OU by 2-3 TDs. On the other hand I expected this team to contend for conference title and playoff berth. That is the major reason behind my meltdown after the RRS debacle.
    Last edited by stoopified; 11/26/2015 at 03:31 PM.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

It's nice to see, and to point out, the shambling idiocy of those who hated on Riley's 'high school' offense, Bob's ability to run a Div 1 program and the like. I'm curious. Will those who criticized so visciously now agree to shut their stupid mouths for a reasonable period? Say, oh, 2-3 years?
    You need not answer. Just go away for a long time. FO and buhbye.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Missed this thread the first time through. Some freaking idiots!
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Will those who criticized so visciously now agree to shut their stupid mouths for a reasonable period?
    HAHA,HAHA - you funny man. The quiet period will last until the next 'L', which likely happens this season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    I aint Skeered!

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    Not so fast my Sooner friend.Comparisons of this Puke team to that Puke team are unwarran ted. They had a very good running team with Thurman and Barry.This Neon Orange version can NOT run the ball. i,I am among those predicting OU by 2-3 TDs. On the other hand I expected this team to contend for conference title and playoff berth. That is the major reason behind my meltdown after the RRS debacle.
    Yup. Hell I put 300 on us to win it all at the START of the season, Lot of folk here laughed at me. They still invited to the Party if I win that bet LOL that 35 to 1 odds have now dropped to 7 to 1 LOL

Add my name to the list of people who are eating crow. In now way did I imagine that we were going to be I'm this position.

I think we are the best team in the country right now with a healthy Mayfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

vCash

LOL at the bed wetting haters in this thread.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.