Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 2015-16 football coach firings/changes list

It seems inconceivable that LSU would fire Miles. Afterall, OU has kept Stoops despite 8-5 seasons. Where's the love for this man?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I'll update page one now

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    It seems inconceivable that LSU would fire Miles. Afterall, OU has kept Stoops despite 8-5 seasons. Where's the love for this man?
    It's LSU fans you are talking about.....

vCash

Reports: Georgia fires coach Mark Richt
    Graham Watson
    15 minutes ago
    Dr. Saturday
    Georgia has fired coach Mark Richt, according to various reports.

ESPN.com’s Mark Schlabach was the first to report the move.

Richt was 145-51 in 15 seasons with the Bulldogs, including a 9-3 record this year. The Bulldogs defeated Georgia Tech on Saturday to end the regular season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Coach Markie ought to land in a good place.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Here we go, a 2-for-1:

Reports: Rutgers fires coach Kyle Flood, AD Julie Hermann
    Sam Cooper
    56 minutes ago
    Dr. Saturday

Rutgers has fired head coach Kyle Flood and athletic director Julie Hermann according to multiple reports.

ESPN’s Brett McMurphy was the first to report the ouster of Flood, who just finished his fourth season leading the Scarlet Knights. Rutgers lost its season finale 46-41 to Maryland at home on Saturday after blowing a 31-13 halftime lead. The loss gave the team a 4-8 record this season and Flood a 27-24 overall record.

Flood led the Scarlet Knights to bowl games in his first three seasons with the program (winning one), but the 2015 campaign was filled with off-the-field incidents.

Flood was suspended for three games and fined $50,000 after a university investigation determined that he had improper contact with a Rutgers faculty member concerning the grade of cornerback Nadir Barnwell.

On top of that, several Rutgers players were dismissed or suspended for various off-the-field incidents, including a home-invasion, an on-campus assault and an alleged incident of domestic violence involving star receiver Leonte Carroo (charges were later dropped and Carroo was reinstated to the team).

In all, seven Rutgers player were arrested this season.

vCash

The hits keep coming:

Mike London resigns at Virginia after six seasons
    Graham Watson
    4 hours ago
    Dr. Saturday

The Mike London Era at Virginia is over.

Athletic director Craig Littlepage announced London’s resignation Sunday morning after meeting with the coach to discuss the future of the program. London is 27-46 as the head coach of the Cavaliers, including Saturday’s 23-20 loss to Virginia Tech, the 12th consecutive time the Cavaliers have lost to their in-state rivals.

"Mike London has been an outstanding representative of the University of Virginia,” Littlepage said in a statement. “During his tenure, Mike created a positive culture for our student-athletes to develop as young men, who improved each year in the classroom and represented us very well in the community. Mike was a tremendous mentor for his players and many of our coaches. His ability to inspire others helped our program establish great relationships among the high school football coaches in the state and he has been a tremendous ambassador for the University. We are thankful for Mike’s numerous contributions representing the University and Virginia athletics.”

London was named Al Groh’s replacement on Dec. 7, 2009, a year after winning a national title at the University of Richmond. However, that success was never able to translate to the FBS level. Virginia attended one bowl game under London — the 2011 Chick-fil-A Bowl.

London’s contract was set to expire following the 2016 season. The University will pay him approximately $2.7 million through 2016.

vCash

He went there, beat them and now thinks its a good place to coach?

One filled, another one open:

Matt Campbell named coach at Iowa State
    Nick Bromberg
    33 minutes ago
    Dr. Saturday

Another Saturday coaching report became official on Sunday as Iowa State announced the hiring of Toledo's Matt Campbell.

Campbell succeeds Paul Rhoads as the Cyclones coach. Toledo beat the Cyclones in Week 2 in 2015.

“I couldn’t be more excited to receive the opportunity to coach at Iowa State,” Campbell said in a team statement. “Two years ago after we played the Cyclones in Ames, I called my wife (Erica) and said you simply would not believe this place. Their fans, the game-day environment and facilities are all incredible. I could see us living in Ames and me coaching the Cyclones some day. My family and I are truly humbled.”

Toledo finished the 2015 regular season 9-2. The Rockets were in line to go to the MAC Championship Game but saw the opportunity slip away with a loss to Western Michigan on Friday.

Iowa State finished the season 3-9 after a 30-6 loss to West Virginia on Saturday. The Cyclones had conference wins over Texas and Kansas, the first winless Power Five conference team since 2008. Rhoads' dismissal was announced after the Cyclones blew a 35-14 lead to Kansas State and fell 38-35 to the Wildcats.

“Matt’s coaching and playing achievements are extraordinary, but we were even more impressed by his character, leadership and commitment to his family,” Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said. “I could not be more excited to welcome Matt, Erica and their children to the Cyclone Family. We are truly blessed to have one of the industry’s rising stars leading our football program.”

Campbell is 35-15 in his four seasons at Toledo. He turned 35 on Sunday.

vCash

The master first post has been massively updated; the open ones are in bold and the filled positions are not

vCash

I left out a few, so now it includes Georgia, Virginia and Tulane. My bad.

Also of note, FCS openings:

Austin Peay Kirby Cannon
    Eastern Kentucky Dean Hood
    Jackson State Harold Jackson
    Montana State Rob Ash
    South Dakota Joe Glenn
    Texas Southern Darrell Asberry

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

"I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Now that Helton is not doing an on-the-job interview for the HC job, Stanford should welcome him with an *** whoopin'

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    He went there, beat them and now thinks its a good place to coach?

One filled, another one open:

Matt Campbell named coach at Iowa State
    Nick Bromberg
    33 minutes ago
    Dr. Saturday

Another Saturday coaching report became official on Sunday as Iowa State announced the hiring of Toledo's Matt Campbell.

Campbell succeeds Paul Rhoads as the Cyclones coach. Toledo beat the Cyclones in Week 2 in 2015.

“I couldn’t be more excited to receive the opportunity to coach at Iowa State,” Campbell said in a team statement. “Two years ago after we played the Cyclones in Ames, I called my wife (Erica) and said you simply would not believe this place. Their fans, the game-day environment and facilities are all incredible. I could see us living in Ames and me coaching the Cyclones some day. My family and I are truly humbled.”

Toledo finished the 2015 regular season 9-2. The Rockets were in line to go to the MAC Championship Game but saw the opportunity slip away with a loss to Western Michigan on Friday.

Iowa State finished the season 3-9 after a 30-6 loss to West Virginia on Saturday. The Cyclones had conference wins over Texas and Kansas, the first winless Power Five conference team since 2008. Rhoads' dismissal was announced after the Cyclones blew a 35-14 lead to Kansas State and fell 38-35 to the Wildcats.

“Matt’s coaching and playing achievements are extraordinary, but we were even more impressed by his character, leadership and commitment to his family,” Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said. “I could not be more excited to welcome Matt, Erica and their children to the Cyclone Family. We are truly blessed to have one of the industry’s rising stars leading our football program.”

Campbell is 35-15 in his four seasons at Toledo. He turned 35 on Sunday.
    In two to three seasons, Iowa State will be an annoying force to be reckoned with in the Big 12. Mark my word.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Now that Helton is not doing an on-the-job interview for the HC job, Stanford should welcome him with an *** whoopin'
    Living out here in California, I can assure you that USCal is probably looking for some level of continuity and stability, even if it's not the best hire. They've had enough angst/dirty laundry for a decade and are trying to get it all to settle down. I don't think Helton is the long term answer but he can't be any worse than the last two hires, and by all indications is a pretty solid guy. Maybe not Mark Richt solid (who sounds like a great guy with terrific principles, but just can't win all the games), but at least a grownup with no major personal issues and no/superficial ties to the Pete Carroll era.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    Living out here in California, I can assure you that USCal is probably looking for some level of continuity and stability, even if it's not the best hire. They've had enough angst/dirty laundry for a decade and are trying to get it all to settle down. I don't think Helton is the long term answer but he can't be any worse than the last two hires, and by all indications is a pretty solid guy. Maybe not Mark Richt solid (who sounds like a great guy with terrific principles, but just can't win all the games), but at least a grownup with no major personal issues and no/superficial ties to the Pete Carroll era.
    I agree, but as a closet Stanford fan, I'm very worried about the re-match aspect of this game. I don't want to see USC get a mental edge over Stanford going into the off season. Best to establish who's alpha dog now Not that it matters what I want...

BTW, I live in Palo Alto

vCash

I personally, in most years, would prefer Stanford win over the Trojans. Not so much this year, just because of the crazy CFP situation, and then there's the thanks we Sooners owe the Cardinal for knocking off the Irish to hopefully clarify things a little.

I'm about 100 miles north of L.A. in Bakersfield. Lots of kids coming out of here going to Iowa State, of all places, and Cody Kessler, the USC QB.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

I think the Temple coach will take the Missouri job
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    I personally, in most years, would prefer Stanford win over the Trojans. Not so much this year, just because of the crazy CFP situation, and then there's the thanks we Sooners owe the Cardinal for knocking off the Irish to hopefully clarify things a little.

I'm about 100 miles north of L.A. in Bakersfield. Lots of kids coming out of here going to Iowa State, of all places, and Cody Kessler, the USC QB.
    How does the CFP situation affect your feeling about Stanford/USC? OU is in period. The other 3 slots will be filled by good teams regardless of anything crazy happening next weekend. If something crazy does happen, I certainly rather Stanford get in than tOSU - OU would match-up better against the Stanford defense.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Oregon OC is taking the UCF HC job

Butch Davis, Dan Mullen, and Greg Schiano interviewed for the Miami job
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    Oregon OC is taking the UCF HC job

Butch Davis, Dan Mullen, and Greg Schiano interviewed for the Miami job
    Also Mark Richt re: Miami.

And the Oregon OC is former Husker Scott Frost.

One of the TCU guys supposedly was close to taking the North Texas job but has withdrawn from consideration. Tom Herman is staying at Houston, too, apparently. Houston and Ohio State next year are going to be tough games, boys and girls.