Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Is the recent Bergdahl decision/recommendation a nod to get Zippy out of the fire?

I cannot fathom how the recommendation " that a punitive discharge and confinement would be inappropriate given all the circumstances" would ever be uttered. IMO, just he opposite.

Sounds like cover for Zippy and his "best soldier in the universe" and rose garden dog and pony show show and comment...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Is the recent Bergdahl decision/recommendation a nod to get Zippy out of the fire

I guess the Major General who investigated the case and you will just have to agree to disagree .

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Re: Is the recent Bergdahl decision/recommendation a nod to get Zippy out of the fire

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I guess the Major General who investigated the case and you will just have to agree to disagree .

5-0
    The Major General who serves at Zippy's discretion?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

5-0
    I am not in the Army, but I know the difference between a Lt. Col. and a Major General...
    Lt. Col. Mark Visger recommended that Bergdahl's case proceed not to a general court-martial, where Bergdahl if found guilty could have been subject to life in prison and a dishonorable discharge.
    And to my understanding, the 2-star has not made a determination yet as to going Courts Martial or Special Courts Martial. Given this case, if only special courts martial, why would any one ever stay at their post?
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    The Major General who serves at Zippy's discretion?
    If it comes to this, MY point exactly... A political decision, not an Army or military decision.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    If it comes to this, MY point exactly... A political decision, not an Army or military decision.
    Yup, very much so!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Ummm,Maj. Gen Kenneth Dahl led the actual investigation in Afghanistan and also
    said that any further jail time would be "inappropriate". His investigation indicated
    that Bergdahl was intent on reporting bad command leadership and that he showed
    no sympathy for the Taliban. I don't know who the 2 star is that makes the final
    decision but that's two senior officers with the same recommendation.

I'm not defending Bergdahl by any stretch of the imagination, merely trying to clarify
    what is going on.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    said that any further jail time would be "inappropriate". His investigation indicated
    no sympathy for the Taliban. I don't know who the 2 star is that makes the final

I'm not defending Bergdahl by any stretch of the imagination, merely trying to clarify
    what is going on.
    Both of whom serve at Zippy's discretion.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    no sympathy for the Taliban.
    I don't know who the 2 star is that makes the final
    what is going on.
    Rock, Is ok with YOU if I place more faith in what his Squad members said about him than those REMFers?

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/ber...erter-or-hero/

Both of whom serve at Zippy's discretion.
    Exactly bro. How many Top Soldiers has he run off in 6 plus years?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

5-0
    Most officers above the rank of Lt. Colonel are nothing but politicians in uniform and one of the reasons why I strongly discourage my children from ever considering a career in the military.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Anybody trying to clarify what is going on best be aware that top level brass are more politician than soldiers, and serve at the discretion of Commander-in-Chief Zippy, who has shown considerable willingness to s*hitcan brass that doesn't toe the zippy line.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Rock, Is ok with YOU if I place more faith in what his Squad members said about him than those REMFers?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/ber...erter-or-hero/

Exactly bro. How many Top Soldiers has he run off in 6 plus years?
    Absolutely, Vet, I've seen at least two members of his platoon interviewed and
    they pulled no punches. I said all I wanted to do was clarify...that is, correctly
    indicate that a 2-star had commented, not just the JAG commander. Sometimes,
    threads head off in the wrong direction....jus sayin...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Because the military is always so subservient to the Administration...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Most officers above the rank of Lt. Colonel are nothing but politicians in uniform and one of the reasons why I strongly discourage my children from ever considering a career in the military.

By your 'logic' anything said by Gen David Patreaus would also be considered a lie.

Seems he's quoted quite a bit and taken seriously by certain folks.

Pardon me but I'll take the word of a person who actually led the investigation over some Bored Poster Hosers.

"If it doesn't fit you must deny, deflect and generally just make up stuff."

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

By your 'logic' anything said by Gen David Patreaus would also be considered a lie.

Seems he's quoted quite a bit and taken seriously by certain folks.

Pardon me but I'll take the word of a person who actually led the investigation over some Bored Poster Hosers.

"If it doesn't fit you must deny, deflect and generally just make up stuff."

5-0
    Hey, just curious but is there a soldier character in that Village People like group you said you hang out with?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Hey, just curious but is there a soldier character in that Village People like group you said you hang out with?
    Water Boy is getting as far out there as SN , both sniff Flour and get high!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Water Boy is getting as far out there as SN , both sniff Flour and get high!
    They're both handwringing losers that are waiting for their testicles to drop.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

No Village People types in my circle of friends as I explained earlier.

Vet and Toad would like to take you out 'hunting' as they call it. You can lead the way and scare up the birds. Happy 'huntin'.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    I am not in the Army, but I know the difference between a Lt. Col. and a Major General...
    Apparently you don't know the difference between an oak leaf and a star.

as per you own link........ "Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl, who conducted the command investigation into Bergdahl's disappearance after he was freed last year in a controversial prisoner swap, testified at the hearing that he believed prison for Bergdahl would be "inappropriate."

Personally I thought he was (and is, a traitor), but I'll go with the General's onion as to the results of the investigation.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Apparently you don't know the difference between an oak leaf and a star.

as per you own link........ "Maj. Gen. Kenneth Dahl, who conducted the command investigation into Bergdahl's disappearance after he was freed last year in a controversial prisoner swap, testified at the hearing that he believed prison for Bergdahl would be "inappropriate."

Personally I thought he was (and is, a traitor), but I'll go with
    the General's onion
    as to the results of the investigation.

5-0
    The Gen.'s Onion? Boy I bet that stinks.