Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Who needs more evidence?

Really though someone tweet Lincoln Riley and ask where was the zone read with Perine and Mixon at that we marched down against Tennessee with? I haven't seen it since then. People say playcalling wasn't bad. We could've tried it at least once.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    How does Arkansas get them is what I want to know? They are bad. It's definitely not because of the SEC brand. You couldn't "pay" me to play there.
    Beats me? I just know OU doesn't seem to be an attractive destination for top talent anymore. I remember when we loaded up on talent, competed with one and all especially for the top Texas talent, but that's not been the case for a few years now. No doubt some of those lower ranked players will turn out to be good players, but the odds are better in that regard the better the talent you bring in.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Beats me? I just know OU doesn't seem to be an attractive destination for top talent anymore. I remember when we loaded up on talent, competed with one and all especially for the top Texas talent, but that's not been the case for a few years now. No doubt some of those lower ranked players will turn out to be good players, but the odds are better in that regard the better the talent you bring in.

I remember that too. We haven't been in the top 10 for recruiting in a long time. Maybe other schools provide services we don't. I'm just saying.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    This type of reasoning is so tiring. Castiglione makes 7 digits a year. It's his job to know the answer to this question. His job to have a short list of the up and coming assistant coaches.
    So you run and Hide behind the PoPos and Phil. Then come back to denigrate Bob?
    Be Ok Im ready fer Bob to go myself!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

At least Tennessee will win. Makes us look better.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I don't see Arkie as a very good example. They play tough, he-man, beat-your-chest football all the way down to the SEC west cellar. Sometimes, I think folks here would rather be tough than win.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't see Arkie as a very good example. They play tough, he-man, beat-your-chest football all the way down to the SEC west cellar. Sometimes, I think folks here would rather be tough than win.
    They have good lineman though... Wisconsin, Stanford, etc and they don't have the same success as us

T
    Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    Let's keep making this tired, nonsensical argument that had been addressed and debunked for years.

The answer to this question is I don't know. It's up to Castiglione to put in the work necessary to find the best possible replacement.

^^^^^perfectly said

Just because we don't have the answer right now doesn't mean that we continue to condone and enable mediocrity and incompotence.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

we have a WALK-ON starting at QB...(I've been impressed by him..no doubt) BUT really think about that...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    we have a WALK-ON starting at QB...(I've been impressed by him..no doubt) BUT really think about that...
    Won freshman/newcomer of the year with only 9 games ... He's obviously talented. He really didn't even play bad today. It's all good. I'm glad Tennessee won. Maybe we can fight our way back into the top 10. The season isn't over Id love to spoil everything for TCU and Baylor.

vCash

I remember that too. We haven't been in the top 10 for recruiting in a long time. Maybe other schools provide services we don't. I'm just saying.
    right now...if you were a top talent kid...

bu (top 5) fun fast offense..killing folks
    tcu same
    ou = living on yesteryear
    ut - always has kids...sucks now but has the facilities.

JUST in the big 12...

I'd say OU is either last or just in front of ut...which with this win might swing a kid or two. Kids don't GAS about 15 years ago...heck they don't care about 5 years ago..it's about NOW>
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

They have good lineman though... Wisconsin, Stanford, etc and they don't have the same success as us
    Agree they have good lineman, but the goal is a good team. We've had good O-line's too, but this year is probably the worst. Having the announcer point out how St. John is telegraphing the play is pretty discouraging. And having Farniok line up at guard is a little telling too.

vCash

Won freshman/newcomer of the year with only 9 games ... He's obviously talented. He really didn't even play bad today. It's all good. I'm glad Tennessee won. Maybe we can fight our way back into the top 10. The season isn't over Id love to spoil everything for TCU and Baylor.
    true, just saying...like I said in another thread, I gave us 2-3 losses easily this year. TT will be tough there, ksu tough there...bu/tcu - ugh. osu as well. The ONLY cupcakes are ku and isu.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Agree they have good lineman, but the goal is a good team. We've had good O-line's too, but this year is probably the worst. Having the announcer point out how St. John is telegraphing the play is pretty discouraging. And having Farniok line up at guard is a little telling too.
    We haven't had a solid line in years though

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    true, just saying...like I said in another thread, I gave us 2-3 losses easily this year. TT will be tough there, ksu tough there...bu/tcu - ugh. osu as well. The ONLY cupcakes are ku and isu.
    We have tech at home(I thought) and we will probably run that game because it's obvious. Thing is too we can play inspired after a loss. We will see how it turns out. I was saying it'll be a 10-2 year before the season and maybe next year will be the year.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post

Thats the frustrating truth. I still believe a good part of it is related to several humiliating losses in Bowl Games.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    T
    So When we Meeting fer Drinks after work at Luckys?

I can see if the Cop ( you Know Randy Lisle) is available to come chaperon !
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Since71ASooner4Life View Post
    Thats the frustrating truth. I still believe a good part of it is related to several humiliating losses in Bowl Games.
    Alabama helped but that Clemson loss whoa

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

We haven't had a solid line in years though
    What are you talking about? We had a dominant offensive line last year, and if it hadn't been for complete incompetence in the playcalling and the passing game, would have probably won every game but the Baylor game. We've had several linemen in the past 3-4 years get drafted in the first three rounds.

We have some good young players on the line, but they are clearly not ready to start. They'll probably be solid in a year or two.

vCash

We averaged about 4 yards a carry if you deduct sacks....much better than the perceived 1.8.
    In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.