Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Who needs more evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Lol this thread is fun. Remind me to listen to these guys next year for sure!!
    Hey I was 3/4 right hahaha

I was wrong about the line and saying we'd be 10-2. I did say I hope we spoil everything for TCU and Baylor and called out bad fans. Also that we needed to run more.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

Just goes to show, Nothing is written in stone no matter how many say or think it is. I'm sure the stoops bashers will be out in full force if the team take's a lose in the playoffs, Till then they are silent waiting to pounce and to say, see i told you so!!!

Been a great year no matter what. B12 CHAMPS!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Lol....More Dip****s.....!!!!..**** em....!
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The chicken littles are so cute. Then their crap gets tedious. Oh well, try as one might, you just can't understand things for some people.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Kid View Post
    Just goes to show, Nothing is written in stone no matter how many say or think it is. I'm sure the stoops bashers will be out in full force if the team take's a lose in the playoffs, Till then they are silent waiting to pounce and to say, see i told you so!!!

Been a great year no matter what. B12 CHAMPS!!
    You are so right. The odds will be against us in the playoffs as we would have to go through 2 teams that are likely better than any we've played so far. The downers will be back with the I-told-you-so saying we built a team to win a crappy conference that can't compete at the national level. The reality is you have to win your conference first or you're out and we just did that. Boomer!

I am clearly one of those Chicken Littles, given that I started this thread. And I have rarely been more happy to be proven wrong. Those who felt as I did, don't necessarily love Sooner Football any less than those who are taking pleasure in pointing out our incorrect predictions. We just viewed the evidence at the time differently.

I have better things to do today than read through the history of this thread. But I wonder how many entries unambiguously predicted going undefeated after the Texas loss and getting into the playoff?

Like everyone else, I hope I am seeing the beginning of a very long term stay of OU football at the elite table of college football. Because that is where it belongs. What Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas are to college basketball…so should OU be to college football.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Not big on message board bashing of players or coaches but at the end of last season mstoops looked lost, disinterested, whatever you wanna call it. This season has been a huge surprise. We have some great leaders on this team and if it carries over to the younger players we'll be back in the mix for awile.

Thats all i can ask for. Rest up boys, no meaningless bowl game this season!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    I am clearly one of those Chicken Littles, given that I started this thread. And I have rarely been more happy to be proven wrong. Those who felt as I did, don't necessarily love Sooner Football any less than those who are taking pleasure in pointing out our incorrect predictions. We just viewed the evidence at the time differently.

I have better things to do today than read through the history of this thread. But I wonder how many entries unambiguously predicted going undefeated after the Texas loss and getting into the playoff?

Like everyone else, I hope I am seeing the beginning of a very long term stay of OU football at the elite table of college football. Because that is where it belongs. What Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas are to college basketball…so should OU be to college football.
    SPEK. This team had a LOT of growing up to do early on, and they did it at light speed to be in this situation THIS season.

I am so glad I didn't post in this thread before now...lol.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Snr, let me be clear, while I thought we had no unwinnable games on our schedule this year, I figured we'd drop at least 1 or 2. My happy/disappointed line was around 10 wins. This was because I figured we'd have too much 'new' to do much more.
    What drew my ire was not differing opinions but the negativity and vitriol directed at the program by some.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Snr, let me be clear, while I thought we had no unwinnable games on our schedule this year, I figured we'd drop at least 1 or 2. My happy/disappointed line was around 10 wins. This was because I figured we'd have too much 'new' to do much more.
    What drew my ire was not differing opinions but the negativity and vitriol directed at the program by some.
    Same here, but I didn't project any "ire" over it. I just didn't think it was rational the judge that all the changes were ineffective after 5 games of the season. Especially on offense, I thought it would take most of a season to install a new system and have the players clicking on execution. The defense had already shown signs of improvement over last year by that time.

EDIT: I just read what I wrote - I admitted that I thought fans would be rational! In my defense, I was almost 2 months younger back then.
    Last edited by BoulderSooner79; 11/29/2015 at 02:56 PM.

Behind the anger of every OU fan back on October 10th, was an OU fan who loves Sooner football. You may think the anger was unfair or out of proportion, but I still think it worth remembering that it came from a person who cares about Sooner football probably as much as you do.

vCash

Great job on the reverse jinx.

I think we get housed in the first round by the first real team we play, but hey it worked so far!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Great job on the reverse jinx.

I think we get housed in the first round by the first real team we play, but hey it worked so far!
    Yep. We're DOOMED! regardless of which team or where.

vCash

I need more evidence.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    The chicken littles are so cute. Then their crap gets tedious. Oh well, try as one might, you just can't understand things for some people.
    It's cute until they do serious harm to our program.

We will most likely seriously miss Stoops when he is gone. The guy has won 9 freakin' Big 12 titles - something we weren't sure would ever happen back in '98.

The problem is that some of these people have such an overinflated view of OU football that they'll likely bring the program down because they expect conference titles every year and national titles ever few years. It's okay to want it and for the program to strive for it but if you expect it and fire coaches who don't achieve it you're setting yourself up for problems. This isn't unique to OU of course. See LSU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

When you least expect it the Football Gods smile on Norman.
    posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

My prayer is that some OU players don't go all crazy and lose their eligibility or worse before the playoffs.

I've been impressed that this year the Sooners have stayed relatively healthy. No season-ending injuries as in years past.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    My prayer is that some OU players don't go all crazy and lose their eligibility or worse before the playoffs.

I've been impressed that this year the Sooners have stayed relatively healthy. No season-ending injuries as in years past.

5-0
    I'm thinking GPS ankle monitor on BM, you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaffsooner View Post
    When you least expect it the Football Gods smile on Norman.
    Glad Boz is one of them...sure he has a soft spot for OU~
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

January 6, 2015.

“I just want to also say I’m more determined than ever to get Oklahoma back in the position to competing for national championships like we have so many other times. My dedication and commitment has been questioned before in the last few weeks, and I promise you I’m as dedicated and committed as I ever have been since the day I walked in here. I have a lot invested in this program and no one cares about it more than I do, and I’m anxious and excited moving forward to make improvements and get us back in the position where we’re competing for national championships like we have so many other times.” -- Oklahoma Head Coach Bob Stoops

Just a reminder.