Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Stoops Bob Stoops' Program Is The CFB Version Of Charlie Brown, Lucy And The Football

Since 2008 it's been the same thing. Some years it was injuries(2009) but in most it is the coaching and game preparation. And each year we hear how this year will be different. Go ahead buy into the hope that this year Stoops will let the fans kick the football. The first couple of years the fans can be forgiven for letting Lucy pull the football away. The last several times its on the fans for buying the hype yet again.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/10/2015 at 02:59 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Bob Stoops' Program Is The CFB Version Of Charlie Brown, Lucy And The Football

vCash

Re: Bob Stoops' Program Is The CFB Version Of Charlie Brown, Lucy And The Football

Bob has enough money. Why does he keep going through the motions? Gave up my season tickets in 2008 and haven't regretted it once.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash
    Once again, No game bob saved his adversary's job...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

For several years we under performed due to poor coaching/playcalling/schemes on both sides of the ball. Now we just don't have the players anymore. We're just not that good, especially on the lines of scrimmage.

If you can't win a game where the other team has such a rudimentary passing game and only throws it 12 times, I don't know what to tell you.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

This was hard to watch. Oklahoma played like a team who believed that they had the game in hand just by showing up. They didn't pass protect, block, tackle or move the ball. They looked like the 1-4 team rather than Texas. Texas did nothing magical, just run the ball. Oklahoma never stopped it all day, lots of arm tackling. The killer was when OU cut it to a seven-point game and had Texas pinned back at the nine yard line. A handoff, a missed tackle and 81 yards later, it's first and goal Texas.

The answer has been clear for several years. For some reason Castiglione and Boren don't have the sack to make the obvious move.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by graphster View Post
    For several years we under performed due to poor coaching/playcalling/schemes on both sides of the ball. Now we just don't have the players anymore. We're just not that good, especially on the lines of scrimmage.

If you can't win a game where the other team has such a rudimentary passing game and only throws it 12 times, I don't know what to tell you.

I've debated with several guys here about all the 3-star talent we've recruited in recent years not measuring up. The fact is we dont have the physical dominance we used to hold over other teams. How often do we dominate the line play on either side against a good team?

vCash

The only gamer on offense is Baker Mayfield and it was not through any foresight by Bob that he is even on campus.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by VegasSooner View Post
    This was hard to watch. Oklahoma played like a team who believed that they had the game in hand just by showing up. They didn't pass protect, block, tackle or move the ball. They looked like the 1-4 team rather than Texas. Texas did nothing magical, just run the ball. Oklahoma never stopped it all day, lots of arm tackling. The killer was when OU cut it to a seven-point game and had Texas pinned back at the nine yard line. A handoff, a missed tackle and 81 yards later, it's first and goal Texas.
    Looked like they were going thru the motions before the game ever started

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Had a golf tourney so didn't watch the debacle but fire Stoops and hire who? That is always the difficult question. Oklahoma isn't Notre Dame and you may not have a pick of the "who's who of football coaches".

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    Had a golf tourney so didn't watch the debacle but fire Stoops and hire who? That is always the difficult question. Oklahoma isn't Notre Dame and you may not have a pick of the "who's who of football coaches".
    WHAT??????? Oklahoma not the attraction on par with Notre Dame? http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Did anyone Seriously Think we would contend for a title be honest?! Lol I mean this year? I'd laugh at you
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Since71ASooner4Life View Post
    Looked like they were going thru the motions before the game ever started
    I guess we were saving any screen pass(s) to our RBs that we had in the playbook to nullify their rush for a possible last drive or for OT. I don't know, maybe LR called one and BM checked out of it, I missed it, or our completely inept OL let BM get sacked before we could set one up. FWIW-- I thought Heupel was back. For all this wonder-kid press LR has had, he sure got pwned today, imo.

I really like what the whorns do with all that misdirection x-crossing and faking in their running game, unlike our running game, it keeps all the defensive front 7 from immediately running downhill to point of attack. Although I'm not sure anything would work with the lard-azz OL that we've got this year.

HCBS needs to seriously rethink the RRS pregame routine. Something ""ain't working. Whether it's the team hotel, something the night before (our players not being able to fall asleep and get a quality rest, we're getting low-class Dallas hookers, something) the breakfast pre-game routine, whatever, it's 3 years in a row that we've sucked azz to below average Texass teams. Something just isn't right to come out and play so poorly against your biggest rival.

Those 1st 2 Whorn TDs were just pathetic. That puzzy hands touching trying to force their ball-carrier OB looked like something out of a girls flag FB game. Should've knocked that guy about 5 rows into the stands.

I don't know hith our defender didn't come up with that fumble in the EZ, unless there was perhaps an early TD signal with a whistle and they just quit--which is what it looked like to me. If there wasn't a whistle then that's on coaching. We need to learn to play and play hard 'til the whistle. I think that our coaches have over-coached the stupid-penalty thing to the point where our players are just scared to play.

It's going to be interesting to see if this team just quits or has some stones next week against K-State. From what I saw today, we've only got 4 play-makers on the offensive side and that's BM, SS, Perine and Seibert although he screwed the pooch on that last punt but it sure as hell shouldn't have come down to that, and absolutely zero where it counts--on the OL. Hell, I was thinking that if a fan in the stands let some balloons go into the air, that our huge offensive left-tackle would probably stop in the middle of a play to watch them float, aka the Blind Side.

W/o any plus TOs, we will probably lose at least 3 more games (maybe 4) if this team just doesn't completely fold after that chite-show today.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

WHAT??????? Oklahoma not the attraction on par with Notre Dame? http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/
    Hate to be the one to break it to you but it just isn't. You can throw money at some guys and it may stick but Jim Harbaugh isn't leaving Michigan to coach OU. Urban Meyer isn't leaving Ohio Stat, Saban isn't leaving Alabama & Jimbo isn't leaving FSU. You need a plan if you are going to show Stoops the door and it needs to be better than Mike Leach, Mark Richt or a wild fantasy that Chip Kelly comes back to college and chooses OU. Maybe a guy like Dana Holgorsen likes the idea but can he recruit and coach every year on the big stage? I'm all for showing Stoops the door but you better have a darn good plan in place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    Did anyone Seriously Think we would contend for a title be honest?! Lol I mean this year? I'd laugh at you

I think people expected a step forward from what was a team with no QB that faded badly down the stretch and got humiliated in its bowl game. Today took me right back to the same feeling as last season. The only thing we haven't seen yet is the dejected body language, but you can sense that's not too many losses away

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I think people expected a step forward from what was a team with no QB that faded badly down the stretch and got humiliated in its bowl game. Today took me right back to the same feeling as last season. The only thing we haven't seen yet is the dejected body language, but you can sense that's not too many losses away
    I agree but thought the O-Line would be better.

vCash

Hate to be the one to break it to you but it just isn't. You can throw money at some guys and it may stick but Jim Harbaugh isn't leaving Michigan to coach OU. Urban Meyer isn't leaving Ohio Stat, Saban isn't leaving Alabama & Jimbo isn't leaving FSU. You need a plan if you are going to show Stoops the door and it needs to be better than Mike Leach, Mark Richt or a wild fantasy that Chip Kelly comes back to college and chooses OU. Maybe a guy like Dana Holgorsen likes the idea but can he recruit and coach every year on the big stage? I'm all for showing Stoops the door but you better have a darn good plan in place.

Nobody said anything about Saban or Meyer being interested to leave for a job that pays 2 million less. You made the statement that the OU job isn't the same attraction as Notre Dame, but with the program's history and the coach being the 4th highest paid that doesn't quite hold water.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Meh. I remember my jubilation the night we won the 2000 national championship. Never thought it would take this long to win another one, and today's game just confirmed my suspicion that I'll be dead before we do. Hosed by the team who had their worst season opening game since I had big hair in the 80s.

Congrats, Texas. <writhes in pain> Once again you were stoked for the game and we weren't.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

I agree but thought the O-Line would be better.
    I texted my friend during the game that the O line looked like little girls.

He replied that little girls are tougher.