Thread: Pokes at WVU

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Pokes at WVU

Other than OUr game in Dallas, the Pokes @WVU is the other conference game that intrigues me. This is the game that tripped up OSU 2 years ago when they blew it due to turnovers. Had they won, they would have locked up the conference before we went up there and upset them. I think of these teams as similar on offense with a more balanced, or run-first spread vs the BU/TCU/TTU variety. It's probably more what we would do if we could run block more effectively. This will also be the first good comparison game since we just played WVU.

From what I've seen so far, I lean heavily toward WVU - especially at their place. But CFB always has me scratching my head. One unknown to me was what happened to Rudoff in that horn game? I thought maybe he hurt his hand or wrist because he couldn't throw a spiral in the 2nd half and the commenters speculated on that as well. But I never heard any confirmation of injury and I wonder if he just got rattled. If the horn D rattled him, he'll be in a world of hurt next week.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Pokes at WVU

WVU is going to roll them like a Round Rock Donut.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Rudolph was not hurt - he was rattled. He had not really faced a serious pass rush and the Whorns had him rattled. I am guessing he is going to fold up like a cheap suit and Gumby is going to have to use Walsh more than he would like to.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Other than OUr game in Dallas, the Pokes @WVU is the other conference game that intrigues me.
    Pretty chitty CFB schedule this weekend. It looks like the Big 12 has possibly the best games, with OU/Texas, Pokes/W Va and maybe TCU/K-State after the refs in their Poke game supposedly screwed them.
    And if we weren't OU fans, this would be a play-golf type Saturday. Other than maybe the Pigs/Bama and perhaps if Tennessee can actually get out of the B Jones funk and win one, I don't see anything worth watching and nothing that on paper looks like a decent tilt. I don't even see a game in ABC's afternoon time-slot which is strange that they'd continue to KO OU/Texas at 11 AM.

vCash

I put a 100 on OU at -17 lol
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Piware View Post
    Rudolph was not hurt - he was rattled. He had not really faced a serious pass rush and the Whorns had him rattled. I am guessing he is going to fold up like a cheap suit and Gumby is going to have to use Walsh more than he would like to.
    His hand was experiencing numbness. You can even see it on some of the throws. Looked just like ducks.

However, this is a guaranteed loss for OSU. I would love nothing more than to be wrong, but I don't see a way we win, outside of officiating.
    OKLAHOMA STATE WRESTLING: 34 Team National Championships, 137 Individual National Champions, 48 Conference Championships, 435 All-Americans, 41 Olympians, NCAA Record 84 Straight Wins

OU FOOTBALL: 7 National Championships, 45 Conference Championships, 153 All-Americans, Zero Olympians, NCAA Record 47 Straight Wins

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

good job pokes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Why is this idiot Poke allowed to post here with his stupid signature?
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/10/2015 at 10:48 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Why is this idiot Poke allowed to post here with his stupid signature?
    Because he is a rational sports fan who can comment on current events without calling those who disagree an idiot.

Try it- it's fun!
    Proud Daddy of an Oklahoma Sooner!