Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

Re: How Bad is Norvell Going to Hurt Us?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Bob got feisty at the presser today when it was insinuated OUr guys didn't play well last year. I do agree with Bob that you don't apologize for a win, but I don't think many fans agree the team played well. At least not outside the 3rd qtr. I guess I'd just word it that it's better to learn during a W than an L and that W presented many learning opportunities.
    Agree. It won't be a good day for the Horn Fans.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Bob got feisty at the presser today when it was insinuated OUr guys didn't play well last year
    There was a lot of not playing well last season. At least against Texas it was a win and not one of our five losses.

I hope we pretend that we're lining up against Orakpo, Vaccaro, fake Roy Williams, Benson, OMG Kasey Studdard, and the other NFL talent that Texas did hardly anything with over the years. Hellllloooooo 65-13/63-14/etcetc

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ourichie View Post
    Not at all. This is a completely different team than last year both on Off and Def. About all he'll know is to pick on Sanchez and I dont think that is going to work.
    He will probably just try to use his aggressiveness against him but it won't hold up.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

I think we're going to see the SwoopesDozer quite a bit, actually.
    "Losers always find a way to lose. My pokes $%&# me every year. I'm done. Until next game. I am the Tina to their Ike."
    - pokoloko, 11/27/2010

"It wasn't just that OU beat us (an outcome that most reasonable fans could acknowledge was a possibility), but it was an emasculation: OU pulled out our innards, strew them haphazardly across the field, and proceeded to do the "Icky shuffle" on them for four quarters while many of us watched on in abject horror."
    - nolesrunthis, 9/12/2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

Well, I guess he hurt us pretty bad after all........

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
    Well, I guess he hurt us pretty bad after all........
    Once we spotted them a lead, he was smart enough to not try to pass very much. Not rocket surgery, but I'll give him that. I'd be more inclined to credit their DC.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Once we spotted them a lead, he was smart enough to not try to pass very much. Not rocket surgery, but I'll give him that. I'd be more inclined to credit their DC.
    And our O line.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Yea once the lead was had he was conservative... We will still have the last laugh as usual ... The record at the end of the year
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimsoncrusader View Post
    I doubt Oklahoma will take Texas lightly given how many Oklahoma players are still on the current roster that were part of that 2013 disaster. I'm sure that game is fresh enough on their minds. It also helps that Oklahoma will have an offensive coordinator that will come in with an offensive game-plan that actually makes sense. I have no idea what the thought process was in 2013.
    Yeah, maybe most of us didn't know, but now we have a pretty good idea what it was in 2013.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

12 passes, 9 complete, 1TD
    58 rushes, most of which seemed to be the same 4 play

Outcoached Mike and Bob with a high school playbook

Unacceptable
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    Betting on OSU to embrace prosperity is like waiting at a liquor store to meet a hooker that's returning your watch.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Norvell only called the plays, which were mostly runs. I think Texas had about 15 called pass plays...some of which turned into QB scrambles. Texas offense just ran it and dared OU to stop it. Not much strategy there.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Norvell's addition to the Horn offense has been to simplify things. They had 3 first year starters on the offensive line and still shoved it down our throats, putting it mildly. Their DL also beat us all game long, they didn't have to blitz!!!!

Very surprised!
    "But the pieces were there for success. Not BCS success. Not beat-Vince-Young success. But beat-TCU success. Beat-Baylor-before-overtime success."

Collier11, a Sooner Fan