Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Judge Smails's Avatar
    vCash

How Bad is Norvell Going to Hurt Us?

The guy has to know a lot of the weaknesses in our defense.

How bad is that going to hurt us?
    Last edited by Judge Smails; 10/4/2015 at 09:59 PM.

vCash

Re: How Bad is Norvell Going to Hurt Us?

Not at all. This is a completely different team than last year both on Off and Def. About all he'll know is to pick on Sanchez and I dont think that is going to work.
    “Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that s*** just goes out the window.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I don't think he knows enough about his new team's capabilities yet to apply that information. He knows Heard can hurt us with his legs, but everyone knows that and that is on improv plays - not much of a game plan.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Lol...Wut....???
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think it's any big secret on what to do against our defense. 4 game tapes out there to watch now.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Seeing as he is their WR coach also, I am not concerned in the slightest.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Probly as badly as he stung Baylor last year.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

If Josh Heupel was still around, it would be more detrimental to the Sooner offense, but since that isn't the case, Norvell now being on Texas staff won't be much of a significant impact.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I don't know what Texas has! Their whole program is in a total shambles. Bad snaps from the center, missed field goals, the defense doesn't have a clue what is happening. They have a new QB, but he can't do it all. He can't pass, or the receivers don't know it is a pass play, I can't tell. Soooo, whoever the OC is, it will not matter.....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

@UT_CoachNorvell

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

The only thing I am worried about is that Texas will circle the wagons for this game as their last hope to salvage anything resembling respectability for their team and that OU might take it lightly.Texas' efforts against California and OSU indicate they have some ability to score. If OU's defense that played 3 of the 4 quarters this past Saturday shows up the whorns have no chance. I keep hearing from whorn fans that TCU has a much better defense than OU. I do not see where they came up with this conclusion based on the past 4 games.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

The horn coaches will do everything possible to circle the wagons and challenge the players' pride. But the OU team will not take them lightly.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

TCU defense points allowed so far this season:
    Minnesota: 17
    SFA: 7
    SMU: 37
    Tech: 52
    Jay Norvell's Terxus Whornlongs: 7

Ooo pretty pwese don't hurt us too badwy Mr. Novell, sir!

Now seriously, I fully expect that they tanked vs TCU because their fanbase would rather beat OU than TCU and they wrote off last Saturday in favor of performing next Saturday, but still!

vCash

I doubt Oklahoma will take Texas lightly given how many Oklahoma players are still on the current roster that were part of that 2013 disaster. I'm sure that game is fresh enough on their minds. It also helps that Oklahoma will have an offensive coordinator that will come in with an offensive game-plan that actually makes sense. I have no idea what the thought process was in 2013.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Trickeration.
    Think of what was logical and then do the opposite to baffle your opponent.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Unless Norvell is hired by TCU or Baylor sometime soon, I'd say he is not going to cause significant hurt to OUr defense. At this point do you think the whorns have held back anything so they could 'surprise' the Sooners? I expect them to regroup after last week but it won't make a lot of difference except in the final margin of Oklahoma's victory.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

Texas is going to play so tight that after the 1st quarter they will give up. Unlike passed game this is going to be another blow out for tx.
    I feel sorry for their young men.(NOT). We will see CS talking on his headphones about who knows what when it is 30 to ZIP before 1/2 way through the 2nd quarter.

vCash

Twitter accounts will be lighting up at halftime...lol

Boomer

vCash

I figure the Norvell situation is a wash. Bob & Co know his tendencies and philosophies. Norvell knows theirs. Plus, he has insight into Sooner personnel. But that shouldn't be a critical factor.

But this is one of those games I just want to get over with. As lousy as OU has played in the last two RRR games...yet it's the same script this year. The same opportunity for Texsa redemption vs the mighty Sooner Nation.

vCash

Bob got feisty at the presser today when it was insinuated OUr guys didn't play well last year. I do agree with Bob that you don't apologize for a win, but I don't think many fans agree the team played well. At least not outside the 3rd qtr. I guess I'd just word it that it's better to learn during a W than an L and that W presented many learning opportunities.