Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Re: Good guys with guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    I don't think gun manufacturers should be liable.
    It was the National Guard that armed Pat Sherrill. He checked out both .45's from the armory and recieved 200 rounds of ammo from them.

I had actually met the man at HAMFest and at a HAM radio field day. Had a QSL card from him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Maybe we could hold people accountable financially for providing a firearm to someone who won't pass the background check. We've done it with drunk driving. People don't do it like they used to. The penalties are severe now.
    ---I am sure that would solve the entire problem--------you have to be kidding

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ---I am sure that would solve the entire problem--------you have to be kidding
    A. It's a longterm thing.
    B. What if it only saved the US from one school shooting and kept other people who aren't supposed to have access to guns that way. Make people accountable and gun safe usage would go up. is that a bad thing?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I know, we could require that everyone have insurance on their auto's too! That way everyone is covered in the event of an vehicle incident! No more uninsured motorists!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Except that any concealed carry holder could carry their their firearm on campus. High schools and colleges are targets because troubled young people are there. I don't think it has anything to do with "gun free". I don't get elementary schools.
    holy $hit...wow, just wow...dude..just stop...please.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

There were people in classrooms with concealed carry licenses carrying their guns. That's a fact.

I assumed that, generally speaking, younger people (college, HS, military age) are the ones who flip out. Campuses are, therefore, a common target. I'm surprised that we've not seen more of this at shopping malls.

Turns out I was wrong. http://mic.com/articles/93824/a-new-...ngs-in-america

Of note:
    2. The idea that gun-free zones encourage shooting sprees isn't backed up by the facts. - 14%
    4. Shooters are getting guns when they shouldn't. - 42%
    5. Mass shooters are older, on average, than most shooters in gun homicides.
    What have I typed here that is worthy of a holy $hit? Maybe we just need to enforce the laws that we have on the books. That couldn't hurt, huh?